I don't like Phil Collins..

2»

Comments

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    but Land of Confusion by Genesis has to be my favorite 80s song ever..

random thought.

Yuck. The video was entertaining, but just because of those creepy lifelike puppets.

In the Air Tonight's a great song to learn drums on though...
  • tybird wrote:
    I think that "Land of Confusion" was on "Genesis", not "Invisible Touch."

No. It's on "Invisible Touch". There is a big difference between the "Genesis" album and "Invisible Touch". Phil became a superstar in between and the music became drivel. "Genesis" is an excellent album that includes...

That's All
    Home By The Sea
    Mama
    Illegal Alien

...excellent songs and nothing like the crap on "Invisible Touch".

I realize that many people on this board only know Genesis and Phil Collins from what they did from 1984 onwards, and that's too bad.
  • i do not like phil collins at all
  • Peter Gabriel is embarrased to be associated with Phil and that's why he wants no part of a Genesis reunion
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves.
    Permission to puke?? or was this a wind up?

Genesis? Everything up to Trick of the Tale was superb but after that all a bit mediocre and sometimes downright embarassing.

Phil Collins - bald ugly fucker that should thank Peter Gabriel for his success.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    nuffingman wrote:
    Permission to puke?? or was this a wind up?

Genesis? Everything up to Trick of the Tale was superb but after that all a bit mediocre and sometimes downright embarassing.

Phil Collins - bald ugly fucker that should thank Peter Gabriel for his success.
    hes referring to whitney,

whats gabriel got to be so pleased about?? sledgehammer?? give me Phil on a rainy day anytime
  • I'm trying to listen to the new Robert Palmer album.........
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • you clearly need to listen to more 80s music so as to make a more informed decision. ;) the 80s, the prime of my youth........new order, ministry, the b-52s...the police...the clash....the pretenders....big audio dynamite......peter gabriel...i could go on and on. :D

and yes, after trick of the tail....genesis got too 'collin-esque' for my tastes.......give me gabriel-era genesis anyday. but on poinbt, yea, sooo much more music to love in the 80s beyond that tune. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• i absolutely HATE(i'm using the word "hate" here) that song 'i can't dance'. i swear i better never hear that song when i've been drinking rye. i'll go ballistic. 'against all odds' is one i get stuck in my head, even if i don't listen to it. i don't know if that's the mark of a really good song, or a really annoying song. all i know is i don't know the proper words to it, so i end up making up the words in my head. really ridiculous stuff. i don't know why i continue to do it. i must be beyond the point of insanity. i need to see my doctor. i'm overdue.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    I'm trying to listen to the new Robert Palmer album.........

You're cracking me up. You single handedly made reading this thread worth it.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • How can I speak of Phil, Whitney and Robert without mentioning Huey Lewis and the news?!

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83,I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consimante professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour...................*Putting on raincoat*.......In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i saw little phil at the L.A. Zoo once. over by the giraffes.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me