2»

Comments

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Boston Puker anyone?

Greatest
    Thread
    Ever.

HAHAH!

i got drunk before 1 pj show, philly 05 no less. I'll never do it again, i dont remember much, except for when pj was playing (and i realized i went to the bathroom during the man trilogy grr). i'll never do that again, having a few before the show is great, but wasted, no thanks. My friend even said they almost didnt let me into the concert cuz i was too drunk.

P.S. Never mix a bottle of red wine with beer when youre thirsty and its hot outside!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I have a couple of glasses of wine usually. I don't want to have to go to the bathroom and I want to remember every second. :) When I was younger I would get "wasted" at concerts, but learned quickly it's not the best way to go. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • dburbadburba Qatar Posts: 39
    but anyways... i do enjoy getting a slight buzz before a show... a few beers and then a good strong piss after the pre-set or opening band and then its time to rock!!

That's the way to do it, imho. get a little buzz but not enough that you can't remember ... or have to piss during the show!
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,326
    First of all... define "wasted"

if wasted = so drunk that you don't remember most of the songs played... that's a waste of a ticket, IMO. You're just looking for an excuse to drink and you probably have a drinking problem.
  • ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    I have quite a few beers b4 a show but by 5-6 songs in I reckon im pretty straight by then due to sweating it out. thus I have some hash cookies, and that lasts for hours. nice buzz that
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Get drunk after the show.Have a celebration'Yeah we just saw PJ". During the show your gonna pee and your gonna miss your favorite song.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Get drunk after the show.Have a celebration'Yeah we just saw PJ". During the show your gonna pee and your gonna miss your favorite song.
    Exactly! Drink after and celebrate and party with other fans. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i like a 3 or 4 (err maybe 2 or 3) beer buzz with a joint

not wasted, but just a lil' buzzed!
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • I was in second row. 18 years old... ANd drank 6 16 oz. beers before the show. I didn't get sick. I had to pee every ten minutes. Then while in the venue I GOT A HUGE HEADACHE.

I got drunk at Alpine in 2003 also. Then in Noblesville the next night I slept thru the BUZZCOCKS set about 16 rows back. People kept coming up to me asking if I was okay. I was sunburned to all shit and hung over.

Since then I have not got drunk for a pj show.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
    I think we all concurr that its better to drink before the show (those long can beers are a classic along with the paper bag, also classic)...and then kind of sober up a little bit as the show progresses...

I think the high point on doing this is that you still have a good kick for the opening Riffs and that definetly kicks some big time ass!!!!

Usually if you get to be like this and have the luck of having Long Road as an opener makes a double high effect....Pure adrenaline!!!!
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • Fun is fun.

If you know how to party (IF you know how!) ...
    and you can do it while still having fun (i said IF you know how!)
    then DO IT.

Personaly i don't give a shit about "remembering" the concert.

I'm not gonna fucking remember it anyway.
    My first concerts (95 and 96) i don't realy remember dick from, except for where i was sitting or standing, who i was with, and like a moment or two (I remember Who You Are, and eddie wearing a suit jacket in charlotte 96) and i was 100% sober.

THE POINT IS TO HAVE FUN.
    If drinking some beer, or smoking some pot (fuck hell, or both!) get you primed and ready to rock and roll ... DO IT ... hell it IS rock and roll.

What about Eddie.
    Is getting wasted a good idea for him?

God knows he drinks at most EVERY show, except when he is already hung over ... and god knows he used to smoke pot a lot ...

Anyhow.

I guess, for ME, getting a good buzz on is OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE to having a good time.

It gets me loose, and "in the moment" ... sure i could do it sober ... but everything flows so much smoother with a heady buzz on.

And things seem so much more "surreal".
    Its great.

If you want clarity,
    listen to the boots.

If you want to rock your ass off, scream like a loon, and have a raccous good time, get pissed and blazed.

:D

BTW,
    some of my greatest concert memories would NEVER have happened if i were sober ...

ie - jumping nearly over the front rail to shake eddies hand during a Breath "all these reaching hands" moment ...

or getting Ed to flick me off with both hands, because i was telling him to quit smoking during a line from "Down" ... followed after the song with "Just kidding, i love you. really." ...

That shit would NEVER have happened if i wasn't drunk.
    And thats just AT the show. We're not even talking about all the drunken fun i've had BEFORE shows, or all the cool people i've met and gotten a good head buzz on with.

If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • ardyardy Posts: 53
    10/2000-palace of auburn hills: while we were walking to our car, enjoying that post-concert high, there was this guy being dragged by 2 friends...he was SO wasted he couldn't even walk and he had shit his pants with vomitus all down the front of him. can't imagine sitting next to *that* the whole show. and bummer for the friends who had to clean him up. it was awful.

10/2006-van andel, grand rapids: 11 rows from the stage, i was next to a couple who were seated for most of the opening ...when i'd glance over there, he was holding her head up, she kept doing the i'm-drunk-chair-sway. i think he stood up one time to watch, and then like after the 4th song, they left, never to return. sad fact that here were 2 seats left that someone could've totally enjoyed being in. bonus was for us in the row..more dancing room!!

i'm not against getting a buzz on, just not to the extreme of losing control of one's bodily fluids in the process....

i prefer to get an herbal buzz on before the show...less pee breaks :)
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 465
    Bad idea!

my buddy went with me to Raleigh '03, and by GTF, which was liek the 6th song, he was puking in the aisle. spent much of the show half passed out.

i think in general getting too wasted at any event blows.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
    its a bad sign when you shit your pants...
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • I think the Boston puker needs to make an appearance in this thread...
    "Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules. If you mark that frame an 8 you are entering a world of pain."
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    dburba wrote:
    That's the way to do it, imho. get a little buzz but not enough that you can't remember ... or have to piss during the show!

Yes, this is the master plan at every show. Park so we can get out of lot without running over all the glass bottles later. Usually near an exit facing out. Pour beverage, go get 10c tickets at window. Look at said tickets and try to decipher if these are better seats than last show or about the same place as last year/last show. Check to see if they are selling poster outside venue. Rare, but it does happen. Have a few drinks in the lot with some friends. Hit the buzz area so you will plateau when PJ hits the stage. If you have been drinking long enough you know the exact spot I am referring to. By the time the show is over you can drive home with no anticipation of a DWI. Plus have a sandwich some water or Snapple and chips in the cooler for the ride home. For some reason we are always starving after a show! This also helps with the residual alcohol left. Be there when they open doors, get poster, pee... get one large beer and a water, get seats. Watch for pre-set. Check out opener...pee...then rock the fuck out for whatever time PJ gives us.

I am so ready to to this, like today!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • I enjoy a beer or two, but I never want to be so wasted that I don't remember anything. I don't see the guys enough for that.

When people were waiting to get let into Benaroya Hall there was this kid (probably 16 or 17) so wasted that he actually passed out and fell to the floor minutes before the doors opened. I just kept thinking what a waste. So many people would have done anything to get into that show, and here was a stupid kid wasting the ticket. I don't know if his buddies dragged him in or not.
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    ardy wrote:
    10/2006-van andel, grand rapids: 11 rows from the stage, i was next to a couple who were seated for most of the opening ...when i'd glance over there, he was holding her head up, she kept doing the i'm-drunk-chair-sway. i think he stood up one time to watch, and then like after the 4th song, they left, never to return. sad fact that here were 2 seats left that someone could've totally enjoyed being in. bonus was for us in the row..more dancing room!!

i prefer to get an herbal buzz on before the show...less pee breaks :)

I would have broke up with her the next day. No questions asked.

Herbs are the way to go.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • JamMastaEJamMastaE Posts: 444
    when they play Boston i take the train into the Garden and sip me a big old rum and coke in a Burger King cup,it's about a half hour ride with stops.once at the venue I'll get a couple beers during the opening act,take a much needed piss,bite to eat and in seat for opening act.

then when everyone jumps out their seats i sit and enjoy a little "herbal aroma therapy".

the "art" is in sustaining that mid level buzz,where you are not sick and shitty but toasty and euphoric.

man...when the fuck are they going back on tour? :)

and who the fuck goes to a concert sober??!!! losers!!:D:D
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain

"I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i dont tailgate ever but when i go to big shows (tix over $75 a pop) i try to stay sober. bands like PJ or Springsteen won't be around too often so when they do come around i try to remember every single special moment. that being said, when Clutch comes around i drink my face off... unless the venue is hot and sweaty.

the parking lot in Camden 2000 night one was nothing but bottles and cans.. i could barely see the blacktop! oh, and my car overheaded on the Ben Franklin Bridge going back (w/ my ex-girlfriend... we were broken up THEN). that sucked balls.
    getting wasted rules! the sober guys blow!
    we are not going to see the Cranberries here guys, come on Its Pearl F* Jam!