Dave Grohl can't really sing, can he

2»

Comments

• I think he can sing pretty well.
    I've never gotten into his band though.
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • you're smoking Rolling Stone magazine.

i bought the issue with eddie vedder on the front and the one with jennifer aniston naked...other than that i don't even look at that magazine, i just like the foo fighters, pearl jam, the white stripes and beck. and to the other guy who said the white stripes were "noise pollution"...i just disagree, i saw them at music midtown in atlanta 2005 and i thought they were excellent. to each is own i guess.
    "I never make plans that far ahead"
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Grohl isn't a bad vocalist; pretty average in my book. corin tucker of sleater kinney wins for worst vocalist and most annoying vocalist ever. End of discussion.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • evenflow82 wrote:
    Grohl isn't a bad vocalist; pretty average in my book. corin tucker of sleater kinney wins for worst vocalist and most annoying vocalist ever. End of discussion.

Gonna have to disagree with ya there. Corin Tucker has one of the most beautiful, powerful, moving voices I've heard. Sleater-Kinney breaking up was my low point of 2006.

As for Dave Grohl, I think he's pretty weak when singing live (except perhaps the new acoustic record, which I haven't heard). It's like he's too low in the mix and needs to scream to be heard or something. He's alright in the studio though, better than a lot of singers (just not Corin Tucker;))
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    no many musicians in general music has done what dave did, formed a really good band after being part of a succesful band.... how many drummers has become as a good singer with a great band? ....

and dave not might be a great singer, but the way he handle it is really good...
  • yeah well i saw the white stripes this year and i wouldn't call them noise pollution. of course i am a big jack white fan anyway. so mine is hardly an unbiased opinion. but it's more about the guitar playing than the singing anyway.

Jack White is a fantastic guitarist, that point is beyond dispute. But unless you happen to write songs as good as Dylan or Corgan you can't have a voice like that and get away with it. Meg is the one that gets to me really for I don't really mind Jack all that much. She is surely the worst drummer to have ever made it big.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Pandemic wrote:
    Most of the Foos catalogue consists of albums with only two or three good songs.

He should just stick to drumming.

Go drum for QOTSA full-time would be my advice.

FUUUUUUUCK YES sir!!!

Thad be Bo-fucking-dacious.
  • i bought the issue with eddie vedder on the front and the one with jennifer aniston naked...other than that i don't even look at that magazine, i just like the foo fighters, pearl jam, the white stripes and beck. and to the other guy who said the white stripes were "noise pollution"...i just disagree, i saw them at music midtown in atlanta 2005 and i thought they were excellent. to each is own i guess.

i got nothin' against the white stripes, and especially dont have anything against jack white - but no way in hell are the three dudes you listed the "best" around today. ed's peak was on binural, dave's been goin furiously downhill since songs for the deaf and jack white's good...but not that good.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    tonadax wrote:
    no many musicians in general music has done what dave did, formed a really good band after being part of a succesful band.... how many drummers has become as a good singer with a great band? ....

and dave not might be a great singer, but the way he handle it is really good...

and he rocks.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    no he can't sing full stop.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    tonadax wrote:

Well, there is Phil Collins, but I never really liked Genesis. I agree though, most people would have disappeared, or had a dud atempt.
    I was disappointed in "In Your Honor", no new ideas after One by One, which was great, too many simple octave riffs.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • i think there are a few here that need to pick up the Skin and Bones CD

or DVD

or both!!! :)

you'll be blown away, it's beautiful music.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Do the Foo cover any Nirvana songs during their shows? That would be interesting.
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • Kirkwood wrote:
    I think he has a really beutiful voice, but his screaming is pretty bad.
    But Foo fighters was only good on their first record, when grohl wrote it all.

yeah, their first album rocks, the rest isn't good, but he can sing. Anyone noticed the change in grohl's voice since nirvana? He sounded like a little kid a now all of a sudden he's screaming his loungs out, wtf?!
    .love your plectrum and treat it with respect.
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,645
    GVN2FLI wrote:
    Do the Foo cover any Nirvana songs during their shows? That would be interesting.

Marigold was a Nirvana B-side, but dave wrote it. Dave is a great rock musician.anyone who has seen the foos live would know that and not talk shit in this forum. As far as his voice..listen to Everlong acoustic and reasses.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    You guys should have seen their show at Bridge school ...

they made a believer out of me ......

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2