Options

please people during the Ed solo shows be quiet!!!

jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
edited February 2008 in The Porch
no slamming or anything...Ed has mentioned previously during these kind of acoustic shows that he likes the crowd to be respectful...

So please no phrases like:

"Go Cubbies", "Can I have a hug please" or "Save the West Memphis Three Eddie"...
Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jorgems wrote:
    no slamming or anything...Ed has mentioned previously during these kind of acoustic shows that he likes the crowd to be respectful...

"Go Cubbies", "Can I have a hug please" or "Save the West Memphis Three Eddie"...

How about "Smile for the camera"?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Also no...

"Thumbing my way, Eddie!"

Or...

"Throw your arms around me!"
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    exactly...
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    How about "Smile for the camera"?
    :p:p:p
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Fuck that for $65 and no camera or recorders, I'm gonna say whatever the fuck I want..... unfortunately I won't be at any of the shows :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Who said anything about being an acoustic show? I would imagine it would be a mix of songs. And the crowd certainly has the right to sing along and have a good time.

I went to a chris cornell solo show last year but that didn't mean everytime had to be quiet and sit on their hands....would have been a pretty boring show if that had happened.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    AmishGuy91 wrote:
    Who said anything about being an acoustic show? I would imagine it would be a mix of songs. And the crowd certainly has the right to sing along and have a good time.

I went to a chris cornell solo show last year but that didn't mean everytime had to be quiet and sit on their hands....would have been a pretty boring show if that had happened.

The OP isn't saying that at all. Jesus. Of course there's going to be a singalong and the crowd having a good time. But, there's no need for idiots screaming the usual stuff you hear them scream. There's a line.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    yeah like "play leash you pussy " .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hopefully the 65$ will keep assholes like this infamous douche bag out/quiet

absolutely classic how ed handles this. doesnt miss a beat.

http://www.fivehorizons.com/songs/june98/index.shtml

the link is very bottom left, if you havent heard it, listen to the whole thing.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    note to self: bring a roll of quarters
  • Options
    Yes Mother, I shall keep my hands folded on my lap and I shall only indulge in light clapping upon the appropriate cue. I am practicing my golf clap.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    EV is the master and I guarantee he will dictate the pace of the evening and the crowd's behavior. These are very small venues and he will be talking to us, a lot.. I do agree that it is kind of silly to assume this is going to be an acoustic show just because it is suppose to be a "solo" tour.. EV is not what one would call mellow.. This is not Ben Harper, this is "an animal"... Expect what you have for the last 17 years from EV!!
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    i don't think you will hear acustic "lukin" ...
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Damn! And I was totally going to scream out, "JEFF WILL YOU MARRY ME!!!"
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Damn! And I was totally going to scream out, "JEFF WILL YOU MARRY ME!!!"
    ummm
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    ummm

"ummm" You do know I was joking, right. :rolleyes:

• Options
    "ummm" You do know I was joking, right. :rolleyes:
    well certainly made me think for a second
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options

:D Ok, good...

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    jorgems wrote:

what is this, the 18th hole at the Masters?

fuck that, it is a rock and roll concert. period.
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    my2hands wrote:

fuck that, it is a rock and roll concert. period.

exactly.....
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    jorgems wrote:

Why don't you go to all the venues on the day of the show and leave little notes in everyone's seats, asking them to observe your Ed solo show rules.

I'm sure they will oblige. ;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    In this board every comment made always gets blown out of proportion...I think all I was trying to avoid is some situation where Ed gets pissed and walks off like the 5H case...

Why do you all think they are prohibiting cameras, recorders, etc. because Ed wants to get as less distracted as possible...I think if he has a calm environment in which he is confortable with I think he will give some memorable and historic performances...

So everyone just chill please...
  • Options

Apparently not hard enough.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Am I allowed to get up from my seat if I need to go pee?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    I went to a Jeff Tweedy solo show in Raleigh a year or two ago. They had bottles of wine for about 10 bucks and beer. Everyone there including myself got bombed. Being a solo show, it was just jeff and an acoustic guitar so it wasn't like a loud rock concert. You had to pay attention and all the drunk people couldnt do it. People kind of started talking to each other and what not. Jeff ended the show a few songs early as a result.
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Am I allowed to get up from my seat if I need to go pee?

probably not let me know i can get you one of those piss bottles they give out to patients here at the hospital you can even sit there and piss into it ,just don't throw it ...:)
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    jorgems wrote:
    In this board every comment made always gets blown out of proportion...I think all I was trying to avoid is some situation where Ed gets pissed and walks off like the 5H case...

Why do you all think they are prohibiting cameras, recorders, etc. because Ed wants to get as less distracted as possible...I think if he has a calm environment in which he is confortable with I think he will give some memorable and historic performances...

So everyone just chill please...
    I don't think Ed is that tempermental... I'm pretty sure he is used to it by now. And if he walks off... it's more of a poor outlook on him, than it would be on us.
    I've been to a couple of his previous solo shows... and people are usually courteous and considerate. But, if it's like Kokua and Hulabalooo... it's just not Ed on a chair with a guitar and mic... it is a show like any other show.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    probably not let me know i can get you one of those piss bottles they give out to patients here at the hospital you can even sit there and piss into it ,just don't throw it ...:)

If need be, can one poop in it as well? This thread should at least offer proper rules/guidelines regarding this important matter..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    jorgems wrote:
    I think all I was trying to avoid is some situation where Ed gets pissed and walks off like the 5H case...

quote]

What are you talking about?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    If need be, can one poop in it as well? This thread should at least offer proper rules/guidelines regarding this important matter..

i'm sure someone will be there directing everyone when it's propper to clap/whistle and go shit ,or i can also get you a colostomy bag i think i've offered all the alternatives ;)...