what's the scoop on this Amy Winehouse?

2»

Comments

• er, did u read the bit where i sai dback to black is sublime?

lady, i saw this girl about three, or is it four years ago now?

i played frank non stop for a month, know that record inside out.

She's coming along as a songwriter more and more, less indulgent more focused.

fave songs on frank are: 'mr magic' 'you sent me flying/cherry' 'i heard love is blind' 'there is no greater love' and 'take the box'

fave songs on b2b: 'me and mr jones' 'love is a losing game' 'wake up alone' 'he can only hold her' and 'you know i'm no good'

seen her live three times now, would go back, no hesitation.#
    happy now?
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    when you hear her talk its quite a surprise, sounds like a east london taxi driver after a few bevvys. as with joss stone there seems to be this motown imitation thing amongst white girls going on.
  • darling, what part of: 'she's a north london girl' don't u understand?

u been down these ends lately?

take a look around, its a mixed place, people pick up on each other's cultures.

I don' t think for one minute amy is a motown imitator.

joss stone on the other hand...Devon girl, records a half decent album of aretha frankin reject songs, then moves to america and disappears up her own arse. you may have a case there ;)
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    darling, what part of: 'she's a north london girl' don't u understand?

u been down these ends lately?

take a look around, its a mixed place, people pick up on each other's cultures.

I don' t think for one minute amy is a motown imitator.

joss stone on the other hand...Devon girl, records a half decent album of aretha frankin reject songs, then moves to america and disappears up her own arse. you may have a case there ;)
    actually I hadnt read all the posts, frequently I just jump in only to mimic or contradict someone before me.

Ive heard she drinks in some place in camden.

I been down many ends lately,dont think her talk sounds exclusively north london,just very london,,,,,,she looks striking but the tattoos are fucked.