Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Newch91 said:

Santa Claus is coming to town? There had to be a story leading into that

From what I've seen, it was a request.
    In the 80s that song would appear from August on. I never understood that.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Newch91 said:

ha ha, maybe I can see August (at least we're leading up to Christmas), but it's May! maybe it's the last North American show this year, ugh
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

Newch91 said:

ha ha, maybe I can see August (at least we're leading up to Christmas), but it's May! maybe it's the last North American show this year, ugh

Or last of the year.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    Awesome show in Albany was followed up by 3 great shows to finish the tour. Really loved the sets from Modegan and really loved the unpredictable set we got in Albany...

My big sister rocked out the whole night -- she'd always wanted to see a Springsteen show and she got a great one. What surprised me was one of her highlights from the show was hearing 'This is Your Sword from the new album... she loved it! I was thinking BITUSA or Badlands, but nope!

Sorry... a little late for a great review of the show... however -- if anyone wants to see the Albany show in its entirety in high def by a guy with a great camera setup then check out this youtube page:

My highlights were Don't Change (really dig this INXS track), Something in the Night, and Ghost of Tom Joad (searing guitar work and vocals from Tom Morello... same as on High Hopes)

:-)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Was anyone else thinking these could be the final Bruce & ESB shows ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Ever? Not even remotely.

He has too much left in the tank. Plus he's not ending the E Street band at Mohegan Sun.

I've always assumed if there are pre-determined final E Street shows they will be 10-15 nights in the swamp.
    Post edited by Daron Oshay on
  • Options

No. Probably for the year, as he'll be in Europe a lot with Jessica. Plus, he has a certain box set that he'll be working on.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

A

Sorry... a little late for a great review of the show... however -- if anyone wants to see the Albany show in its entirety in high def by a guy with a great camera setup then check out this youtube page:

My highlights were Don't Change (really dig this INXS track), Something in the Night, and Ghost of Tom Joad (searing guitar work and vocals from Tom Morello... same as on High Hopes)

:-)

This is absolutely amazing - thanks!!!

R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787

Great moment from last night! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5cIbCeNgjc

That was so awesome! What a night for those kids.

• Options
    Albany's up in the store.

Yes, that's how much of a withdrawal I'm going through. I keep checking the site to see if Mohegan 1 is available.
  • Options
    Bruce must be up to something with the Mohegan shows. A week and a half and they're still not available. Possible Blu-ray/DVD/CD release?
  • Options
    wow long while now newch .

so Bruce walks out at the rolling stones concert the other night?

cool !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Anyone catch the HOF broadcast on HBO this weekend? Great performances and speeches from the band. The whole show had lots of great moments.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,896
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Anyone catch the HOF broadcast on HBO this weekend? Great performances and speeches from the band. The whole show had lots of great moments.

caughts bits and pieces.
    Bruce took over an hour just for ESB.
    :D

I really enjoyed Tom Morellos speech for KISS, and I think its pretty douchey of them to not play together again as the original 4, even if it were just 1 off for the show.

Oh well .

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    If this is true, the word "rest" is not in this man's vocabulary. Also, what about The River box set that was mentioned for a possible release later this year?

http://www.blogitallnight.com/rumors/twitterpostsuggestsnewalbumbyyearsendand2015tour
  • Options
    Newch91 said:

If this is true, the word "rest" is not in this man's vocabulary. Also, what about The River box set that was mentioned for a possible release later this year?

http://www.blogitallnight.com/rumors/twitterpostsuggestsnewalbumbyyearsendand2015tour

awesome ! the man doesnt stop !
    its about time Bruce/ESB hook up with PJ and have a collective blowout.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    Newch91 said:
    "Bruce did mention during the Wrecking Ball tour that he wanted to go back to a Seeger Sessions type of style so it fits the rumored album sound. Hopefully we will learn more fairly soon"

please GOD let this not be true. seeger sessions was a real low point for me with bruce

this latest tour was as good as the rising and the reunion shows(for me)
  • Options

Newch91 said:
    "Bruce did mention during the Wrecking Ball tour that he wanted to go back to a Seeger Sessions type of style so it fits the rumored album sound. Hopefully we will learn more fairly soon"

please GOD let this not be true. seeger sessions was a real low point for me with bruce

this latest tour was as good as the rising and the reunion shows(for me)
    I of course prefer 'regular' Bruce but I LOVE the Seeger sessions stuff. The songs sounded incredible at Jazzfest this year. Plus WB has little hints of Seeger in it.

Anything but Human Touch/Lucky Town bruce is fine by me

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I loved the Seeger Sessions Band.
    I was lucky enough to attend the Good Morning America event at Convention Hall. ( If you have a good eye you can see me on the rail with my PJ Yield hat on) -- fantastic morning !
    LOVE the horns !!!!!!

( THE AUDIO AND VIDEO ARE SLIGHTLY OFF I DONT KNOW WHY ? )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flRUHxdH81o
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    New Vinyl LP set being released by the boss. Curious what the pricetag will be on this, but it looks awesome!

http://brucespringsteen.net/
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

New Vinyl LP set being released by the boss. Curious what the pricetag will be on this, but it looks awesome!

I think I heard $269. I'm kind of disappointed in this. I was hoping we would get a River box set this year.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Newch91 said:

jervin007 said:

I think I heard $269. I'm kind of disappointed in this. I was hoping we would get a River box set this year.
    I don't own any of these LP's, so I'm happy with it. Was hoping for a price in the $200 range though

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    $300,000 for a day with bruce and a guitar lesson,

or perhaps a lasagna dinner is more your choice

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/11/bruce-springsteen-auctions-off-a-lasagna-dinner-at-his-house-for-300000/
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    So does anyone really like High Hopes (the album)? I bought it on impulse.... and then traded it in at the record store for something I would actually listen to.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul said:

So does anyone really like High Hopes (the album)? I bought it on impulse.... and then traded it in at the record store for something I would actually listen to.

You have problems ;)

High Hopes, Tom Joad, Just Like Fire Would, Frankie Fell in Love..

I'm not the biggest Boss fan, but c'mon...good stuff

If you haven't seen the dude live, Soul, you have to. Don't let an album sway your decision.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited November 2014

PJ_Soul said:

You have problems ;)

High Hopes, Tom Joad, Just Like Fire Would, Frankie Fell in Love..

I'm not the biggest Boss fan, but c'mon...good stuff

If you haven't seen the dude live, Soul, you have to. Don't let an album sway your decision.
    I haven't seen him live yet (the RNDM show and the Boss's show was on the same night in 2012!! Went with RNDM because I was broke and RNDM was only $30, lol). But i have every intention of seeing him. I really only like his ballads for the most part, but I believe everyone when they say he puts on an amazing live show, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I just didn't like his new album. I didn't hate it either. But i found that I just wasn't feeling the desire to spin it after the first time. I forced a second and third time, and was done. I dunno.... it lacked something... Je ne sais quoi.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The Stand Up For Heroes setlist from last week.

-- Working On The Highway
    --Growin' Up
    --If I should Fall behind ( with Patti )
    --Born In The USA
    --Dancing In The Dark

Some of these tracks are just odd acoustic.
    I guess I'm spoiled.
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Pardonb the interuption but where is the Led Zeppelin thread on this forum?

I met this guy on Friday.

now back to the regularly scheduled Bruce thread.

Here you go

community.pearljam.com/discussion/177188/official-led-zeppelin-thread/p20

Awesome that you met him, too bad you could not ask him about this rumor going around

mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/led-zeppelins-robert-plant-turns-4595788
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    thanks dude !

Pardonb the interuption but where is the Led Zeppelin thread on this forum?

I met this guy on Friday.

now back to the regularly scheduled Bruce thread.

Here you go

community.pearljam.com/discussion/177188/official-led-zeppelin-thread/p20

Awesome that you met him, too bad you could not ask him about this rumor going around

mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/led-zeppelins-robert-plant-turns-4595788
    platessmall.jpg