Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

shame it may be his last tour with the band...

alltho there were rumblings as to such before all the tour info / dates / record was released,

now we know,

not according to Bruce.
    "That's something that you become more grateful for as time passes," Bruce says. "You know, I just lost Terry [Magovern], my great friend of 23 years. That was a big loss. And so you're aware that things are finite. The band really did take care of one another over the years, and like I've always said, it's one of the things I'm proudest of. And I continue to be. I mean, there are a lot of ways that life can take you, and you never know what tomorrow brings. So to have that kind of stability -- and not only that, but also that the personal relationships remain so thoroughly enjoyable -- it's a great gift."

All things being finite, does it enter his mind that this could be the last time out? A "farewell tour"?

"Oh, I'll never do that, man -- you're only gonna know that when you don't see me no more."

Of course, no doubt -- but for the E Street Band as we know it?

"Hell, I don't know," Springsteen laughs. "I envision the band carrying on for many, many, many more years. There ain't gonna be any farewell tour. That's the only thing I know for sure."

I'll be gunning for MSG shows tom also- BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I sure hope this isn't Bruce and the Band's last tour andf that quote makes me happy. But Clarence is 65, had hip surgery this past year and can't get around like he used to.

I mean who can, but I hope the band can continue as is for many years to come.

I hope to get MSG tickets as well. (Good excuse to actually get to work by 9am) Good luck to everyone else trying tomorrow.

Bruce is known to have ticket drops at certain points before shows. If anyone knows more about this please let us know. He must hold on to alot of tickets, especially to East Coast shows, and then release what he does not need.

That's how I got tickets to the 2nd Fenway Park show in 2003 - I got them at about 5 in the afternoon on the Thursday before the Sunday show. Random luck, I had been trying TM on and off for weeks before the show, which had been sold out, and then all of a sudden, BAM, tickets. AWESOME!! and at the show, everyone in our row was talking about how they just got their tickets at the same time I did, and were also just randomly checking for ticks. That was an awesome show.

Bathgate66 wrote:
    alltho there were rumblings as to such before all the tour info / dates / record was released,

now we know,

not according to Bruce.

I'll be gunning for MSG shows tom also- BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE !
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options

Bruce is known to have ticket drops at certain points before shows. If anyone knows more about this please let us know. He must hold on to alot of tickets, especially to East Coast shows, and then release what he does not need.

If you don't get tix in the onsale, there is an organized ticket drop notification run by a BTX'er. It's $10 for 3 city notifications. Info here: http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=30670

Good luck to all!!
  • Options
    good luck everyone !

my GF signed up for that call drop line run by Mr Drones over @ btx , ,
    its an awesome thing !

Good Luck for everyone out there going for the Meadowlands and for MSG later this morning !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I am never going to get a ticket.......
    Your wait is 5 minutes
    10 minutes
    20 minutes
    5 hours

:(
    I can only get a single ticket....:(

I hope everyone got good tix...and if you have an extra....:) I will buy you beers
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Fuck... section 323 behind the stage. All because I had to get 3 tickets. Fuck my father in law...
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    i woke up to late to go to macy's tried on the net and on the phone.i got nothing :( :( :(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    My husband was going to buy me tix, but by the time i remembered...9:15...I couldn't get a pair, just a single.
  • Options
    what a clusterfuck !

i got nuttin'

so now here is my blatant desperate grovel for an extra pair if there are any floating out there.

i heard nothing of anyone getting any 200s or 100s at all- whatsoever., so i believe trhere will be a ticket drop for these shows.

they know that these are the highly sought after tickets on the tour, i suspect there will be a drop but the question is when ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Today, the first day of rehersals by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at Convention Hall in Asbury Park wasn't "Radio Nowhere" it was radio playing very loudly!
    Speakers were placed on both the south and north sides of Convention Hall and in the front entrance to the Hall blasting radio station WJLK 94.3 FM out of Asbury Park.
    This was obviously done so the fans outside on the beach and boardwalk would not be able to hear Bruce and the band rehearse.
    The band started playing early today, around 9 a.m.
    Someone who was there early said they did get to hear four songs before the speakers started blasting WJLK.
    The four songs played early were:
    1. Prove It All Night.
    2 Promised Land
    3. Darkness on the Edge of Town
    4. Loneseome Day

I didn't actually hear these songs as I didn't arrive until 10 a.m.
    By then the speakers were blasting WJLK.
    Some fans did manage to hear a bit on the beach.
    Among the songs worked on today were:
    "I'll Work For you Love," "You'll be Coming Down," "Radio Nowhere," and "Livin' In the Future."
    The band stopped playing around 1 p.m.
    Steven Van Zandt was the first to leave, quickly followed by Max Weinberg.
    Clarence Clemons then left and did sign a quick two autographs for two guys who had albums, one was a CC and the Red Bank Rockers album.
    Saw Garry Tallent, Soozie Tyrell, and then Danny Federici and Roy Bittan leave.
    Bruce left about 3 p.m. He didn't not stop to sign autographs but did drive down the ramp slowly and gave the fans a couple of waves.
    I guess it's all right for me, even as a guy, to say he looked pretty good and in great shape.
    About 30 people hanging around total. Not that big of a crowd. Everyone was disappointed that they weren't able to hear, but then again, maybe Bruce doesn't want anyone to hear the band working on new material for now.
    Stan
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Wow... I'm not so disappointed anymore :o
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    having there not have been an E Street tour since the Rising i'm kind of curious as to what the band will play. i know what i want to hear and i think i know what Bruce wants to play. hopefully no crap songs like:
    into the fire
    let's be friends
    we shall overcome
    mary's place
    ramrod
    two hearts
    she's the one
    darlington county
    workin' on the highway

and more songs like:
    lost in the flood
    for you
    worlds apart
    futher on up the road
    youngstown
    point blank
    the price you pay
    downbound train
    iceman
    meeting across the river
    racing in the street
    janey needs a shooter (yeah right)
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    'shes the one' a crappy song? are you serious!?

anyway got the call from my grandfather today-we have tickets to philly second night. he payed a shitload for them, but i can't wait. bruce is one of my heroes and this will be my first time seeing him
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    what a clusterfuck !

i got nuttin'

so now here is my blatant desperate grovel for an extra pair if there are any floating out there.

i heard nothing of anyone getting any 200s or 100s at all- whatsoever., so i believe trhere will be a ticket drop for these shows.

they know that these are the highly sought after tickets on the tour, i suspect there will be a drop but the question is when ?

i guy i work w/ got 4 in sec 216 at 930 on the phone?
    im surprised he got thru after the stories
    dont worry bath u will be there
  • Options
    does anyone know if bruce is doing an endstage or a centerstage?

if its endstage, according to wachovia's site we just paid a ton of money to watch the back of the curtain

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    LedZepFan wrote:
    does anyone know if bruce is doing an endstage or a centerstage?

if its endstage, according to wachovia's site we just paid a ton of money to watch the back of the curtain

It's endstage, but there's no backdrop curtain or anything that will block your view... you'll just be behind the stage. From what I hear, it's not nearly as bad as you think.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Bruuuuuuuuuuuce
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    i found out our seats are actually on the side...section 123, row 20 or so...i think they're going to be like the ones I had for the Chili Peppers and Clapton last year and, if so, I'm actually going to have a hell of a view

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    LedZepFan wrote:
    i found out our seats are actually on the side...section 123, row 20 or so...i think they're going to be like the ones I had for the Chili Peppers and Clapton last year and, if so, I'm actually going to have a hell of a view
    I'm a big fan of side stage seats in arenas. Often (not in Bruce's case) they are the second price level, and they tend to be marked "rear view", but I've specifically targeted loges 15 and 20 at the Garden in Boston ( the 2 direct side sections) because you are actually closer to the band than the people in the supposed better sections. 123 looks like you'll have a great view. Enjoy.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:

You are not at MSG, are you?!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Does anyone know anything about the Oakland show on sale date? brucespringsteen.net has it listed as 9/15 but ticketmaster lists it as Monday 9/17. I don't remember ever hearing of a show going on sale on a Monday so I will be at my desk on Saturday morning.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    singles dropping for the MSG Shows right now on Ticketbastard
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    LedZepFan wrote:
    'shes the one' a crappy song? are you serious!?

anyway got the call from my grandfather today-we have tickets to philly second night. he payed a shitload for them, but i can't wait. bruce is one of my heroes and this will be my first time seeing him

meh. i really like the version on Born To Run, but even back into the 70s bootlegs i've heard it just doesn't sound right to me. like it's at the wrong speed or they just drag it out too long. there are much crappier songs than She's the One but that one just happened to pop into my head while writing the list. it's one i skip over and is not on my iPod.
  • Options
    friday night at philly dropping now on ticketmaster
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    singles dropping for the MSG Shows right now on Ticketbastard
    fuck i need doubles. oh well, theres always next year
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Got tickets to MSG, don't know if I can make it but I'm deffinantly making DC

Who's going to DC???
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    You are not at MSG, are you?!

no, wachovia in philly

i saw clapton and the peppers there last year (actually almsot exactly a year from the date of the bruce show) and they were great shows. i'm thinking this one is gonna top those though : )

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    Got tickets to MSG, don't know if I can make it but I'm deffinantly making DC

Who's going to DC???
    If you can't pm me please if you need someone to buy them. :)
  • Options
    I know it's not about the concerts..but Bruce now has a myspace page
  • Options
    Sure it may be late to throw my hat in the ring, but if anyone has 1 or 2 for PA/NJ/NY, feel free to PM me.

TIA
    8/9/92 Jones Beach, 10/2/96 Hartford, 9/8/98 E. Rutherford, 9/1/00 Camden, 7/5/03 Camden, 7/9/03 MSG, 7/14/03 PNC, 10/1/04 Reading, 9/30/05 Borgata, 10/1/05 Borgata, 10/3/05 Philly, 5/27/06 Camden, 6/1/06 E. Rutherford, 6/3/06 E. Rutherford, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 8/7/08 EV@NJPAC, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/31/09 Spectrum, 5/18/10 Newark