Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Anyone have that link to Radio Nowhere?

it's free on iTunes
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    How awesome that Bruce is opening the tour in Hartford???
    I cannot wait.
    So awesome.
    Who else is going?? :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I cannot wait.
    So awesome.

i hope to attend opening night..

tickets are going to be hard to get for this mini tour precursor .

thankfully the onsales are staggered- but still very difficult to get.

best of luck everyone.

love the new band photo - even tho they left soozie tyrell out of it.
    :confused:

http://brucespringsteen.net/art/estreet07tour.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Anyone have that link to Radio Nowhere?

a few posts back.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I would guess I'm about 60% of the way there in convincing my fiancee about oakland, wish me luck on the remaining 40!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,356
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I cannot wait.
    So awesome.
    I'll be in FLA for the Hartford show, so no go for me (saw him there in 84), but I intend to catch him in Bosston.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Not sure if the husband wants to go so maybe I will go where any of my friends are going. I can't wait. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I'll be in FLA for the Hartford show, so no go for me (saw him there in 84), but I intend to catch him in Bosston.

i am contemplating this show also, ( IF i can get my mitts on ticks )

see the band off before they head to europe.

sucks for me that it involves a sunday night

might have to blow off work monday . :\

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i am contemplating this show also,

see the band off before they head to europe.

sucks for me that it involves a sunday night

might have to blow off work monday . :\

dude, how many shows are you going to? how much money are you spending???
  • Options
    dude, how many shows are you going to? how much money are you spending???

probably 6 shows ( again- according to exactly how the ticket grovelling goes - im going for actual chairs and non GA seat tickets)

oh and thats x 2 cuz the GF has to be there also.
    shes the biggest bruce fanatic . :D
    not counting rehearsal shows :
    hopefully
    hartford
    philly ( prolly only 1 of these alltho this is the only weekend night friday )
    east rutherford1or&2
    MSG1or&2

maybe boston
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    I just got into Springsteen in the last year. While traveling along the east coast for the 2006 Pearl Jam show my friend dropped in Springsteen's greatest hits CD and I was hooked. "The Rising" is probably my favorite album. It's got a lot of optimism as well as the darker side to it. I hope to get tickets to a show this tour.
  • Options
    I just got into Springsteen in the last year. While traveling along the east coast for the 2006 Pearl Jam show my friend dropped in Springsteen's greatest hits CD and I was hooked. "The Rising" is probably my favorite album. It's got a lot of optimism as well as the darker side to it. I hope to get tickets to a show this tour.

you think hearing the CD got you hooked :confused: ,

wait until you experience Bruce & The E Street Band live -

this will get you hooked, no doubt.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    Is it going to be general admission on the floor for the shows? i see that tickets range from $65-95 in hartford and $55-85 in minneapolis. Not bad, considering that its the Boss.
    i hope it is general admission for the floor...then the fact that i have to attend this show solo (if i am able to secure a ticket) wont be a big deal.
  • Options
    blackngold wrote:
    Is it going to be general admission on the floor for the shows? i see that tickets range from $65-95 in hartford and $55-85 in minneapolis. Not bad, considering that its the Boss.
    i hope it is general admission for the floor...then the fact that i have to attend this show solo (if i am able to secure a ticket) wont be a big deal.

i have read / heard that the entire floor sections will be sectioned as GA- and I assuming is the lower of those 2 pricetags accompanying your ticket.

perhaps there will be some sort of random scan of your ticket- such as U2 did -- to get you closer into the " elipse " or the " heart " . Alltho this isnt really Bruces MO- it is believed when he saw U2s Vertigo Show in NJ that he really took to the stage setup and the interaction with many more stageside fans.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    blackngold wrote:

from Backstreets

What's the deal with General Admission this time?
    Based on ticket sales and seating charts so far (and the success of this setup on recent tours), it's looking like the whole floor will be G.A., with reserved seating on the lower and upper levels. We presume the G.A. floor will include a separate Pit up front once again, but details and entry policy are unknown at this time. If anything is announced, we'll have the news here; otherwise, look for reports from the field after the first show.
    If you have a question that's not addressed here, before emailing us we ask that you try our general FAQ, or peruse BTX (particularly the Promised Land forum) to see if your question has already been answered. Thanks!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND PERFORM ON 'TODAY' IN A RARE LIVE TELEVISION APPEARANCE

Springsteen Makes History on Rockefeller Plaza, Friday, September 28

NEW YORK – Thursday, August 30, 2007 - - For the first time in history, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform live on NBC News' "Today's" famed Rockefeller Plaza, Friday, September 28, 2007. This marks Springsteen's second live performance on "Today." In July 2002, Springsteen and the E Street Band made their first appearance on a major television network morning show, performing in Asbury Park, NJ.

In their live concert on the Plaza, Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform songs from their October 2 Columbia Records release 'Magic' as well as classic hits. The band also kicks off their first full scale tour of the US and Europe since 2002-03 on October 2 in Hartford, CT.

The E Street Band's members are: Roy Bittan - keyboards; Clarence Clemons - saxophone, percussion; Danny Federici - keyboards; Nils Lofgren - guitars; Patti Scialfa - vocals, guitar; Garry Tallent - bass; Steven Van Zandt - guitars; Max Weinberg - drums.

Jim Bell is the executive producer of "Today" (Monday - Friday, 7-10 a.m.). Melissa Lonner is the senior producer responsible for "Today's" summer concert series.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    That probably won't draw any kind of crowd.
  • Options
    heres the crowd that assembled the prior Today Show appearance ( i was on the railing outside on the beach- and it was 100+ degrees before 7am )
    :eek:

The Rising

Lonesome Day

Glory Days
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this makes it sound way too easy.
    best of luck getting ticks for this leg.

not easy at all...that's why i was crying for all the help.

no luck this morning...it was like a lot less than 13 seconds.

now it's time to beg for 1 spare. anyone? pretty please...
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    It's only 31 shows. I thought I just read on the last page that it's a mini tour? Does that mean that another larger tour is in the works as well? I'll be busy the night he plays in LA and I wouldn't drive to Oakland to see sweet baby Jesus born in person.

On another note, if this is it, 31 shows seems kinda light. I know Bruce, as well as the band, is all getting up there but it still seems pretty small to follow a new album. JMO.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    It's only 31 shows. I thought I just read on the last page that it's a mini tour? Does that mean that another larger tour is in the works as well? I'll be busy the night he plays in LA and I wouldn't drive to Oakland to see sweet baby Jesus born in person.

On another note, if this is it, 31 shows seems kinda light. I know Bruce, as well as the band, is all getting up there but it still seems pretty small to follow a new album. JMO.

Why aren't Bruce and the band playing here?
    Get in line, pal. :-) They're not playing here either. Or anywhere in the South, for that matter. We've also heard from frustrated fans in the Pacific Northwest, San Diego, Arizona, Australia, India... the list goes on. But don't despair yet! If history serves as any guide, Springsteen and the E Street Band won't be calling a halt to the new tour after two-and-a-half months. We fully expect to see this machine motoring well into 2008, hitting more cities (and countries) as they go. Which isn't to say we don't recommend traveling, if you're able, to make sure you see a show. Just be glad you don't live in South Africa, like one frustrated fan I got an email from.
    But there's room in the schedule -- why don't they stop off here? Or play more shows as they go?
    While we doubt any additional cities will be added in 2007, there does seem to be room for second nights in some cities already on the schedule. No guarantees, but be sure to stay alert for second shows added once tickets go on sale. Otherwise, don't forget, they presumably had to do some creative scheduling to make sure a certain late night tellyvision star could come on the road.
    How do I get tickets?
    See our Tour/Ticket Info page for all the pertinent details we know for each show; following the links there will take you to the official venue site and/or official ticket seller for more information. If you don't see a link in the On Sale column, it's still too early -- or we're about to add one.
    I didn't score tickets today, and I'm very frustrated!
    We know the feeling. But hang in there, there's quite a bit of time between now and the shows, and just because you were shut out on the day of the sale doesn't mean you can't get in. There are bound to be extras floating around (aside from what the scalpers/brokers got their mitts on). Check our Backstreets Ticket Exchange (BTX), which we set up specifically to help our readers connect with each other and get extra tickets into the hands of fans at face value. Keep checking with the official ticket seller, as additional tickets are often released as the day/hour of the show approaches. And if all else fails, you can often procure a ticket outside the venue on the night of the show without paying scalpers' prices. There are always tough tickets, particularly in hot markets. But if you're willing to put in the time, there's no reason to consider yourself shut out just yet.
    Can you get me tickets?
    Nope, sorry. We're too busy trying to score our own. But we set up BTX to help. Not only is it a venue for the exchange of tickets (in the Holders, Needers, and Traders forums), it's also a great venue for the exchange of information (in the Promised Land forum). Fans on BTX are already talking ticket tips, policies, prices, predictions, venue information... there's a good chance you'll find helpful info and an answer to your query there.
    Based on ticket sales and seating charts so far (and the success of this setup on recent tours), it's looking like the whole floor will be G.A., with reserved seating on the lower and upper levels. We presume the G.A. floor will include a separate Pit up front once again, but details and entry policy are unknown at this time. If anything is announced, we'll have the news here; otherwise, look for reports from the field after the first show.
    If you have a question that's not addressed here, before emailing us we ask that you try our general FAQ, or peruse BTX (particularly the Promised Land forum) to see if your question has already been answered. Thanks!

Video for Radio Nowhere
    http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/Images/newsRNstill.jpg
    "RADIO" VIDEO TRANSMITS NEXT WEEK
    Watch for the premiere of the "Radio Nowhere" video [that's a still from it, above] just after Labor Day at Amazon.com. Amazon spokeswoman Tammy Hovey tells Backstreets that the video features the E Street Band as well as scenes of New York City, and that it "really matches the tempo of the song, I think fans will be really excited about it." The video will be viewable for 24 hours, on Tuesday September 4, at http://www.amazon.com/music.
    -August 30, 2007
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Why aren't Bruce and the band playing here?
    Get in line, pal. :-) They're not playing here either. Or anywhere in the South, for that matter. We've also heard from frustrated fans in the Pacific Northwest, San Diego, Arizona, Australia, India... the list goes on. But don't despair yet! If history serves as any guide, Springsteen and the E Street Band won't be calling a halt to the new tour after two-and-a-half months. We fully expect to see this machine motoring well into 2008, hitting more cities (and countries) as they go. Which isn't to say we don't recommend traveling, if you're able, to make sure you see a show. Just be glad you don't live in South Africa, like one frustrated fan I got an email from.
    But there's room in the schedule -- why don't they stop off here? Or play more shows as they go?
    While we doubt any additional cities will be added in 2007, there does seem to be room for second nights in some cities already on the schedule. No guarantees, but be sure to stay alert for second shows added once tickets go on sale. Otherwise, don't forget, they presumably had to do some creative scheduling to make sure a certain late night tellyvision star could come on the road.
    How do I get tickets?
    See our Tour/Ticket Info page for all the pertinent details we know for each show; following the links there will take you to the official venue site and/or official ticket seller for more information. If you don't see a link in the On Sale column, it's still too early -- or we're about to add one.
    I didn't score tickets today, and I'm very frustrated!
    We know the feeling. But hang in there, there's quite a bit of time between now and the shows, and just because you were shut out on the day of the sale doesn't mean you can't get in. There are bound to be extras floating around (aside from what the scalpers/brokers got their mitts on). Check our Backstreets Ticket Exchange (BTX), which we set up specifically to help our readers connect with each other and get extra tickets into the hands of fans at face value. Keep checking with the official ticket seller, as additional tickets are often released as the day/hour of the show approaches. And if all else fails, you can often procure a ticket outside the venue on the night of the show without paying scalpers' prices. There are always tough tickets, particularly in hot markets. But if you're willing to put in the time, there's no reason to consider yourself shut out just yet.
    Can you get me tickets?
    Nope, sorry. We're too busy trying to score our own. But we set up BTX to help. Not only is it a venue for the exchange of tickets (in the Holders, Needers, and Traders forums), it's also a great venue for the exchange of information (in the Promised Land forum). Fans on BTX are already talking ticket tips, policies, prices, predictions, venue information... there's a good chance you'll find helpful info and an answer to your query there.

Video for Radio Nowhere
    http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/Images/newsRNstill.jpg
    "RADIO" VIDEO TRANSMITS NEXT WEEK
    Watch for the premiere of the "Radio Nowhere" video [that's a still from it, above] just after Labor Day at Amazon.com. Amazon spokeswoman Tammy Hovey tells Backstreets that the video features the E Street Band as well as scenes of New York City, and that it "really matches the tempo of the song, I think fans will be really excited about it." The video will be viewable for 24 hours, on Tuesday September 4, at http://www.amazon.com/music.
    -August 30, 2007
    (singing) Longest reply in the WORLD But, seriously, thanks.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    There will be two shows in Philly... confirmed by the venue but when the second show will go on sale is yet unknown.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ( i was on the railing outside on the beach- and it was 100+ degrees before 7am )
    :eek:
    C'mon, you're exaggerating, it says 82 degrees right at the bottom of the screen. :D
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    C'mon, you're exaggerating, it says 82 degrees right at the bottom of the screen. :D

too bad the temp you see on the screen in ny comes from the central park thermometer , in the shade , under a tree , right near the big lake .
    Down at Asbury Park , which is probably under 60 miles away from nyc , it was that hot that morning.
    it was stifiling .

that morning i also met Gov Jim McGreevey and his wife, who tried to walk down on the sand in high heel pumps. :confused:

it will be a zoo at Rockefeller Plaza, but i will likely be among those crazy bruce fanatics on the morning of the 28th. i plan on going in to manhattan on thursday night sometime to start buzzing around.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like a long Thursday Night on the 27th,....
    http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=5edd30ca-838f-4ddd-8e9c-41fa727a071a
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Looks like a long Thursday Night on the 27th,....
    http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=5edd30ca-838f-4ddd-8e9c-41fa727a071a

anyone else going into manhattan for the Today Show ?

i'll be there,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Evidence The Boss started " grunge "

1975 NYC