*** >>>The Grammys<<<***

2»

Comments

• not4unot4u Posts: 512
    iron chef america was top notch tonight "battle tofu"
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    wow

dixie chicks way far ahead of everyone else ( on TV anyway )

The Boss wins 2 Grammys Tonight

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN WINS TWO GRAMMY AWARDS
    Bruce Springsteen won two Grammy awards in 2007: Best Traditional Folk Album, for "We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions;" and Best Long Form Music Video, for "Wings For Wheels: The Making Of Born To Run" (Thom Zimny, video director and video producer). The 49th Grammy Awards was presented on February 11, 2007.

way to go Boss.
    Wings For Wheels= masterpiece
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • momofglynn wrote:
    there wasn't one bad performance. I am actually going out on a limb here but I think that was the better Grammy's show I have ever seen. Whether I liked the style of music, it didn't matter. Every one person gave their all during their time.

i think i'm gonna go ahead and agree with you.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • honestly, the performances were clean and enjoyable even if you didn't like the artist. Everyone did great. The Police should have had what Carrie Underwood for time however. but I keep telling myself, in due time in due time! The Police will be the show of the Summer. I am really looking foward to it.

Did anyone notice how much they showcased some really great old acts? Booker T and the MG's, fucking great! And then the time line of all the artists that had passed. Again I just think that was a really sweet tribute to James Brown. I loved that it wasn't sung. It was so respectful to have that kid dance.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    John Mayer kicked ass. 'Nuff said.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    not4u wrote:
    iron chef america was top notch tonight "battle tofu"

It's not the same without Hiroyuki Sakai. That man can peel an apple in nothing flat. Morimoto is good, but Sakai and Chen were fun to watch.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • i love mary j blige. the lady can SING
  • It amazes me that "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas could win any award outside of the Nickelodean Teen Choice Awards.
    NERDS!
  • I agree w/ all of those who say it was a really good show. I freakin' love Mary J and she showed once again why she's such a bad ass. All the performances were solid, including John Mayer & Justin Timberlake who I never thought I would enjoy. The only person who seemed overwhelmed by the experience was Beyonce. She sounded shaky & didn't look confident or secure in her performance. Everyone else just brought it though.

I love the fact that the awards are secondary :D I know. It sounds kinda silly but it's true. Acceptance speeches are usually soooo boring. They're smart to just focus on the music.

Okay...I just saw RHCP. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I've heard awful things about them live. That pretty much justified it. They weren't awful (by no means) just boring.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    why?
    They should call it the grannys because you like it. You smoke too much crack.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • lars wrote:
    They should call it the grannys because you like it. You smoke too much crack.

wow, thats a good one. have a super duper day!
    what are we, 10 years old ?

geeeez

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    What is with Tony Bennett thanking Target, are you fucking kidding me?
    What is with Tony Bennett thanking Target, are you fucking kidding me?

the guys 80 years old, still touring, still collaborating with the younger stars of today,

youd think he would know better, but maybe that was the whole point ($) .
    platessmall.jpg
  • It's probably the most money he has had in his pocket his whole career. Did you hear him thank his son. I am just thinking that he is leaving a nice amount for his family when he is gone. He looks great. Poor Stevie was all broken up about his mom.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    what are we, 10 years old ?

geeeez

:rolleyes:
    yes sometimes we are 10 yrs old. and you're just feeling smug cause bruce did so well. as he should. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • What is with Tony Bennett thanking Target, are you fucking kidding me?

would you be ok if he would have thanked his record label? cause thats basically what he did. Target bankrolled his whole "duets" project.
    yes sometimes we are 10 yrs old. and you're just feeling smug cause bruce did so well. as he should. :D:D

" he's the Boss, i'm just the employee"......

;)

Every Little Thing He Does Is Magic
    platessmall.jpg