*** >>>The Grammys<<<***

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Tonights the show, its still 6 + hours away, and i'm eagerly anticipating seeing and hearing the Police.
( Got my Message In The Box in the CD carousel on random,.. and holy cow,.. all the hits :eek: :eek: )

i know there has been talk of grammys not mattering, record companies bigwigs , blah blah blah .

Say what you will about all the integrity and all that ,
but its still nice to see some of the live acts performing live ( a few seconds delay) on the television .

I'm also looking forward to RHCP, and seeing if Bruce scores any Grammys ( 2 seperate projects have nominations ) or even a surprise appearance / live performance :confused::confused: . My GoVideo is on the ready....

enjoy the show everyone.
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I'm with you. I've been waiting for this day (and tomorrow tour announcement) since 1985. 8:00 can't come soon enough.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY Daily News

Police reunion leads big acts for Grammys

The Grammys rumble into L.A.'s Staples Center tonight for a 3-1/2-hour show. But those who value prizes over performances should get ready to grumble.
    As usual, only a small percentage of the show will be devoted to handing out awards: Roughly 10% of the 108 statues will be forked over onstage. The rest will be announced and distributed in a two-hour pretelecast segment this afternoon.

Why? Because the Grammy event has always been more about letting late-to-the-party viewers see, and more importantly hear, the most-nominated stars perform, the better to spur album sales. That's especially key at a time when CD purchases are cooling down as fast as the Earth's atmosphere is heating up.

Luckily, this year's show, the 49th since the Grammys began, boasts some potentially worthy spectacles, including the reunion of a long-lost band of rock superstars, a salute to male R&B singers and a nod to the historic merger of country and rock.

The Grammys, on CBS at 8p.m., will open with a bang - the first public performance by the Police in over 23 years, not counting their private induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003. The band is expected to announce a full summer reunion tour tomorrow at a press conference at L.A.'s Whisky a Go Go, one of the first American clubs they played 30 years ago.

Tonight's R&B toast brings together Smokey Robinson, Lionel Richie and Earth, Wind & Fire with a far younger follower of the form, Chris Brown. For the country-rock tete-a-tete, expect tradeoffs between "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood and Nashville faves Rascal Flatts.

In addition, Justin Timberlake - who's up for multiple awards, including Album of the Year - will sing with a to-be-announced winner of a national My Grammy Moment singing competition.

Other stars set to perform include Beyoncé, T.I., Christina Aguilera, Wyclef Jean with Shakira and John Legend, plus all the most nominated artists of the night: John Mayer, Corinne Bailey Rae, James Blunt, Gnarls Barkley, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Dixie Chicks - the only act up in all three top categories.

Who wins may matter deeply to the musicians and to fans. But to the industry, it's even more important that what viewers see tonight they buy.

Originally published on February 11, 2007
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • larslars Posts: 524
    They should call it the grannys
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • lars wrote:
    They should call it the grannys

why?
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • I just saw on grammys.com that Death Cab For Cutie lost a Grammy to "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas....................that's all I have to say about the Grammys.
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    grammys suck.

why the hell isnt PJ up for album of the year?

fucking chilli peppers.
  • grammys suck.

why the hell isnt PJ up for album of the year?

because it shouldnt be?
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    The Grammys? I thought I was watching the Soul Train Awards.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    because it shouldnt be?

you smoke crack.
  • you smoke crack.

yeah, ok, i smoke crack. i realize this is a pearl jam forum, therefore everyone has to think they're sooo awesome, but theres no way it should have been nominated.

outside of pj's little community, no one gave 2 shits about the album.
  • yeah, ok, i smoke crack. i realize this is a pearl jam forum, therefore everyone has to think they're sooo awesome, but theres no way it should have been nominated.

they shouldn't have been nominated?

of course they should have, if the chili peppers did with their 'stadium arcadium' which isn't half the album that pearl jam is.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    When Rascall Flatts did Hotel California, I about threw my remote across the room. It was a disgrace to music in general.

I have little to no respect for the Grammys anymore, all they are is further promoting the pathetic state of mainstream music.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Anyone know where I can see the Police's performance from the grammys? I missed it and would really love to see it. Thanks.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • they shouldn't have been nominated?

of course they should have, if the chili peppers did with their 'stadium arcadium' which isn't half the album that pearl jam is.

Even though some of the albums that are nominated should not be, there were so many albums better than PJ's.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yosi wrote:
    Anyone know where I can see the Police's performance from the grammys? I missed it and would really love to see it. Thanks.

I'm recording it but I'm on the west coast so it will be a while. :)
  • yosi wrote:

it will be all over the net within hours
  • The song that Ludacrus, Mary J, and Earth Wind and fire are performing 'runaway love' is a great song.
    it will be all over the net within hours

I'm actually asking for help because I'm so surprised it isn't on youtube already.
    yeah, ok, i smoke crack. i realize this is a pearl jam forum, therefore everyone has to think they're sooo awesome, but theres no way it should have been nominated.

Please, it was much better than the one's nominated. And I know no one really cared about the pj album which is why i said it SHOULD have been nominated.
  • yosi wrote:
    I'm actually asking for help because I'm so surprised it isn't on youtube already.

dude, it just happened not that long ago. be patient.
  • Please, it was much better than the one's nominated.

says who? you?
    dude, it just happened not that long ago. be patient.

I didn't realize I was being impatient, just exclaiming my surprise because often these things are up really fast.

Still appreciate the help though.
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Whop! Grammy's on!!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Police reunion would be great though...
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
  • Call me what you want, but Timberlake is one HELL of a pop artist, Good performance.
  • Jellyrolls wrote:
    Call me what you want, but Timberlake is one HELL of a pop artist, Good performance.

without a doubt. GREAT performance.
    says who? you?

truth.
  • yet another reason why the grammys suck:

mary j. blige JUST won her first grammy, ever? WTF?
  • there wasn't one bad performance. I am actually going out on a limb here but I think that was the better Grammy's show I have ever seen. Whether I liked the style of music, it didn't matter. Every one person gave their all during their time. I thought the tribute to James Brown was fantastic, it made me cry. I thought Stevie Wonder and Tony Bennett winning the 1st award was sweet and how broken up that Stevie was talking abotu his mom. Very happy for Mary J. Blige. I am even going to say that Carrie Underwood's 1st song, the old time country song, I think Bill Walls or something was great. It was too much of her with the Eagles even though she did well. They recognize the Grateful Dead to which I was surprised that only Mickey and Bill was there. Can anyone say Rick Ruben?!!? Whatever you want to say about the Chili Peppers, but they just rocked! And lastly, the Police this summer people!!!!! I can not believe it. Good night everyone!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    though i think they were nominated in the wrong category considering who was there with them, all i've got to say as an australian is.....
    WWWOOOOLLLLFFFFFMOTHEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jellyrolls wrote:
    Call me what you want, but Timberlake is one HELL of a pop artist, Good performance.

I agree. He has impressed me on a couple of times. The 1st time was when he was on Saturday Night Live. He's got talent and he sings well and that's what you call Pop.
    Let's Go Red Sox!