*~*~*~*~ Van Halen Reunion Dates ~*~*~*~*

Comments

• releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Flagg wrote:
    You're kidding. That pisses me off if true. Eddie Van Halen is an egotistical prick.

I used to love this band so much.

I remember 1984 was the first casette I ever got. Thought I was the shit cause I didn't have to spin those black circles anymore. I sure wish I had those circles today. Dumb ass....
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    Flagg wrote:
    Eddie Van Halen is an egotistical prick.
    This is not a startling revelation, EVH has always been such. But we tend to let it slide when his fingers are working.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Flagg wrote:
    I just went and tried it. It is true. Also, none of the Hagar albums or III are pictured. Or mentioned anywhere on the site.

One funny thing is that it mentions VH has the Guiness record for most #1 Album Rock tracks on the Billboard charts. Most of those tracks were from the Hagar years.

This is just stupid. I was always able to accept Hagar because I could justify it by saying Van Halen is the "band", not the singer.
    Funny....what you can sweep under the rug these days, eh? :rolleyes:

I could accept Sammy because he made some great records prior to joining Van Halen.....both solo and in Montrose. I had also seen him live as a solo act, and he gave you more than your money's worth. DLR in the live setting is seriously hit or miss.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Flagg wrote:
    Eddie Van Halen is an egotistical prick.

I remember when all that stuff with Sammy went down back in '96...I should have known he was suspect back then.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    i'm really surprised that they aren't charging $100 for a van halen fan club membership for a pre-sale to tickets complete with free lithograph/keychain/useless item PLUS access to member only areas of their website like other 'reunion' bands are doing.

glad they aren't. would hate to piss away another chunk of cash for that. was pretty psyched that my fiancee said she would go to see them, so looks like i'm trying for tickets.
    doing a little more searching it looks like the opener for all shows is bob marley's son ky-mani marley.

um, yeah. random.
  • cash rake...cash rake...rape the people!!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I copied this from another website:

Grab your mouse and highlight the album covers. Start with Women And Children First. Instead of the classic band photo that graced the cover, there is a green box with the name of the band and the album, that's all. Then, check out the cover of Van Halen, the 1978 debut that to this day is the biggest selling Van Halen recording in the world. The group's first exposure to the world, the cover featured the band's logo in the center of four pictures of the group's founding members. There's Diamond Dave, striking a pose in leather pants with his shirt open, the penultimate frontman. There's Eddie Van Halen, the streaks of light from his guitar only hinting at the audio bombardment within. Alex Van Halen, bathed in red light, pounding the skins. And there's ... Wolfgang Van Halen?

That's right, Van Halen has removed the picture of Michael Anthony and replaced it with a shot of Wolfgang, who not only wasn't born in 1978, Eddie hadn't even met his mother yet!

PBM

The original WACF cover is there as well as the VH debut album cover.
  • anybody notice that there aren't any back-to-back dates on this tour?

do you think it's because they're getting older and need the rest...

... or to give DLR and EVH enough time to cool off between shows???
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    The original WACF cover is there as well as the VH debut album cover.

Yeah, you're right. Its back now.

I tried it this afternoon and it was just like PBM posted. WACF was just a green square with the band name and album title. And Wofgang's pic was where Michael Anthony's should be on the VH1 cover.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Yeah, you're right. Its back now.

I tried it this afternoon and it was just like PBM posted. WACF was just a green square with the band name and album title. And Wofgang's pic was where Michael Anthony's should be on the VH1 cover.
    Their new webdesigner "made a mistake" by eliminating Michael Anthony's image from the redesigned website and has since rectified it. You have to cut him some slack, he just started the job after having been fired from his job working the censor button for AT&T's Blue Room.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Poncier wrote:
    Their new webdesigner "made a mistake" by eliminating Michael Anthony's image from the redesigned website and has since rectified it. You have to cut him some slack, he just started the job after having been fired from his job working the censor button for AT&T's Blue Room.

Bravo!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Poncier wrote:

awesome!

I did see the WACF cover the way PBM stated it was on Monday, but did not even think to check Mike's corner of VH. I wanted to see it and that is when I saw everything was changed to normal.
    anybody notice that there aren't any back-to-back dates on this tour?

do you think it's because they're getting older and need the rest...

... or to give DLR and EVH enough time to cool off between shows???

I think it is a combination of that, Wolfgang having to study for and take tests, lol, and it gives them the ability to schedule more dates in certain cities if and when the first dates sell out.
    I think it is a combination of that, Wolfgang having to study for and take tests, lol, and it gives them the ability to schedule more dates in certain cities if and when the first dates sell out.
    Yeah I assume there'll be added dates, especially Boston, NY, LA for example.
    Ouch:

http://www.iloveallaccess.com/email-login/59/index.php

use password vanhalen if you want to access these "packages". I knew they'd be steep, but wow.

In Charlotte, the 5 star package is $550 per person, in Philly is $695...won't even be a consideration when thye release pricing for Boston.
    Artists' rendering of the VH stage:

http://www.vhnd.com/articles/070813-03.shtml
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Poncier wrote:
    This is not a startling revelation, EVH has always been such. But we tend to let it slide when his fingers are working.

I wonder if he has the same effect when he's with the ladies?
    Poncier wrote:

that looks cool.

(i know, very informative post).
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    even flow? wrote:
    Here is Toronto prices: Tix, $199.50, $99.50, and $69.50,

Ticket prices for Toronto are CA $65.50 - CA $159.50
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Poncier wrote:

love the corkscrew settup

will the boys be sporting spandex on this reunion tour also ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    love the corkscrew settup

will the boys be sporting spandex on this reunion tour also ?

Hopefully Dave has retired the ass-less chaps!
    Poncier wrote:
    Ouch:

http://www.iloveallaccess.com/email-login/59/index.php

use password vanhalen if you want to access these "packages". I knew they'd be steep, but wow.

In Charlotte, the 5 star package is $550 per person, in Philly is $695...won't even be a consideration when thye release pricing for Boston.
    Apparently all the packages they put on sale yesterday sold out instantly, even at $695 a pop.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    even flow? wrote:
    Here is Toronto prices: Tix, $199.50, $99.50, and $69.50,

Stop the presses for Toronto fans, there has been a change in prices.

In other concert news, there's been a ticket price change for Van Halen's just announced Oct. 7 date at the Air Canada Centre, with ducats now priced at $159.50, $85.50 and $65.50.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    Stop the presses for Toronto fans, there has been a change in prices.

In other concert news, there's been a ticket price change for Van Halen's just announced Oct. 7 date at the Air Canada Centre, with ducats now priced at $159.50, $85.50 and $65.50.
    Now I know that you're opening your wallet for this one. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    tybird wrote:
    Now I know that you're opening your wallet for this one. :D

I am even going to break out my moth holed Diver Down tour t-shirt for this concert. ;)

Reducing the top price a couple of bucks has me thinking that I may just shoot for those tix this Saturday. If not, I just want to be in the building to see the show. They were "the band" for me when I was a teenager, so I would like to see how they have aged compared to myself. :eek:
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    I am even going to break out my moth holed Diver Down tour t-shirt for this concert. ;)

Reducing the top price a couple of bucks has me thinking that I may just shoot for those tix this Saturday. If not, I just want to be in the building to see the show. They were "the band" for me when I was a teenager, so I would like to see how they have aged compared to myself. :eek:
    I also was in to them as a wee lad...but mixed results when actually seeing them live took some of the shine off of it. I find it amazing that so many people, who never saw 3/4 of this line-up together, think that they are some kind of gold standard for a concert experience. They were very hit or miss in concert. Doesn't anyone else wonder why they never did a live album with DLR???
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Can someone start the Van Halen please play the South thread :)

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

NickyNooch wrote:
    Can someone start the Van Halen please play the South thread :)
    Last map that I looked at......North Carolina was actually part of the South. :D Don't let the "North" part of their name fool ya. :p
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Yeah, I was starting to wonder if they hired PJ's tour manager.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13