*~*~*~*~ Van Halen Reunion Dates ~*~*~*~*

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited August 2007 in Other Music
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Van Halen has reunited with the group's original singer David Lee Roth for their first tour together in more than 20 years, they announced on Monday.

The 25-date trek begins on September 27 in Charlotte, North Carolina, and wraps up on December 11 in the Canadian city of Calgary. Key stops include Chicago (October 16, 1, New York City (November 13) and their native Los Angeles (November 20)

But it will not exactly be a reunion of the classic lineup famed for such hits as "Panama" and "Runnin' with the Devil," because bassist Michael Anthony has been replaced by lead guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 16-year-old son, Wolfgang.

Roth and Van Halen were supposed to hit the road earlier this year for a reunion tour, but plans fell through when Eddie Van Halen entered rehab in March for undisclosed issues. His illness also scuttled a potential reunion at the group's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction later that month.

Roth, now 52, quit Van Halen in 1985, during the band's heyday, in hopes of attaining solo stardom. Those dreams crashed and Van Halen continued successfully with Sammy Hagar on vocals.

The band's luck ran out a decade later when Hagar and Van Halen acrimoniously parted ways, and a new album with a third singer tanked. Since then, both Roth and Hagar have briefly aligned with Van Halen, and the two singers even toured together, despite Roth's barely concealed enmity for Hagar.

Here are the dates so far, according to Billboard.com:

Sept. 27: Charlotte, N.C.
Sept. 29: Greensboro, N.C.
Oct. 1: Philadelphia
Oct. 7: Toronto
Oct. 10: Cleveland
Oct. 14: Indianapolis
Oct. 16: Chicago
Oct. 18: Chicago
Oct. 22: Auburn Hills, MI
Oct. 24: Minneapolis
Oct. 26: Kansas City
Oct. 28: St. Louis
Oct. 30: Boston
Nov. 3: East Rutherford, N.J.
Nov. 13: New York
Nov. 20: Los Angeles
Nov. 23: Glendale, AZ
Nov. 25: San Diego
Nov. 27: Sacramento
Nov. 29: San Jose, CA
Dec. 1: Portland, OR
Dec. 3: Seattle
Dec. 5: Vancouver
Dec. 9: Edmonton, Alberta
Dec. 11: Calgary, Alberta
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    what are the Vegas odds that they'll actually play ANY of those shows before disintegrating? I would put cash down that not one single show will happen.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    bassist Michael Anthony has been replaced by lead guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 16-year-old son, Wolfgang.

I hope there will be a tutor for young Wolfgang on tour and someone from Child Protective Services to cover his eyes from all the middle-aged breasts to be shown.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Dear American touring band,

The United States has recently included a section of the country in most recent maps and encyclopedias called the "Southeast." It's right below the Northeast and next to the mid-west.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Fuck you, Van Halen.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    hahahahahaha.....good april fools joke......oh wait it's august.....:eek:.....will this coincide with the release of chinese democracy? will axl tour with vh? instead of monsters of rock you could call the tour monsters of overinflated egos.....:p:D:D
  • Dear American touring band,

The United States has recently included a section of the country in most recent maps and encyclopedias called the "Southeast." It's right below the Northeast and next to the mid-west.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Fuck you, Van Halen.

NC is in the southeast:)
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • NC is in the southeast:)

Yeah, but NC blows. That's like common knowledge.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    i'll be curious to see how much tickets are. i'm tempted...

i would guess that there's no way in hell that roth sings van hagar songs. i'm just trying to picture diamond dave putting his spin on poundcake (a zibbity, bibbity pop!)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    NC is in the southeast:)
    Yeah and plenty of open dates in there for added shows.

Looks like I know where I'll be spending Oct 30th.
    ....Rock on!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Yeah, but NC blows. That's like common knowledge.

This coming from someone in that cesspool known as Louisanna :)

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Van Halen has reunited with the group's original singer David Lee Roth for their first tour together in more than 20 years, they announced on Monday.

The 25-date trek begins on September 27 in Charlotte, North Carolina, and wraps up on December 11 in the Canadian city of Calgary. Key stops include Chicago (October 16, 1, New York City (November 13) and their native Los Angeles (November 20)

But it will not exactly be a reunion of the classic lineup famed for such hits as "Panama" and "Runnin' with the Devil," because bassist Michael Anthony has been replaced by lead guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 16-year-old son, Wolfgang.

Roth and Van Halen were supposed to hit the road earlier this year for a reunion tour, but plans fell through when Eddie Van Halen entered rehab in March for undisclosed issues. His illness also scuttled a potential reunion at the group's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction later that month.

Roth, now 52, quit Van Halen in 1985, during the band's heyday, in hopes of attaining solo stardom. Those dreams crashed and Van Halen continued successfully with Sammy Hagar on vocals.

The band's luck ran out a decade later when Hagar and Van Halen acrimoniously parted ways, and a new album with a third singer tanked. Since then, both Roth and Hagar have briefly aligned with Van Halen, and the two singers even toured together, despite Roth's barely concealed enmity for Hagar.

Here are the dates so far, according to Billboard.com:

Sept. 27: Charlotte, N.C.
    Sept. 29: Greensboro, N.C.
    Oct. 1: Philadelphia
    Oct. 7: Toronto
    Oct. 10: Cleveland
    Oct. 14: Indianapolis
    Oct. 16: Chicago
    Oct. 18: Chicago
    Oct. 22: Auburn Hills, MI
    Oct. 24: Minneapolis
    Oct. 26: Kansas City
    Oct. 28: St. Louis
    Oct. 30: Boston
    Nov. 3: East Rutherford, N.J.
    Nov. 13: New York
    Nov. 20: Los Angeles
    Nov. 23: Glendale, AZ
    Nov. 25: San Diego
    Nov. 27: Sacramento
    Nov. 29: San Jose, CA
    Dec. 1: Portland, OR
    Dec. 3: Seattle
    Dec. 5: Vancouver
    Dec. 9: Edmonton, Alberta
    Dec. 11: Calgary, Alberta

Wanna bet this is ALL about BIG money??

Sammy Hagar has way more talent than Dave, imho.
  • lets just thank God its not Gary Cherone again

LETS GO CARDINALS!
    JSBE wrote:
    i would guess that there's no way in hell that roth sings van hagar songs. i'm just trying to picture diamond dave putting his spin on poundcake (a zibbity, bibbity pop!)

I'm pretty sure I remember Dave saying he wouldn't go out and sing Sammy songs...however, for the right price, I imagine he'd do just about anything.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

I'm pretty sure I remember Dave saying he wouldn't go out and sing Sammy songs...however, for the right price, I imagine he'd do just about anything.

PBM
    Well since all evidence of Sammy and Gary has disappeared from the VH website, I'm guessing Dave won't be crooning "Sucker in a 3 Piece" any time soon.
  • nickcat0nickcat0 Posts: 75
    Gets on knees to pray ...........

Please come to the UK , please come to the UK , please come to the UK .
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    9/9/06
    Everton 3 RS 0
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    JSBE wrote:
    i'll be curious to see how much tickets are. i'm tempted...

Here is Toronto prices: Tix, $199.50, $99.50, and $69.50,
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    even flow? wrote:
    Here is Toronto prices: Tix, $199.50, $99.50, and $69.50,

Guess Eddie really needed to pay off that rehab bill...and save up for Wolfgang's rehab/college tuition!
    I love to turn you on
  • question is msg or meadowlands ... meadowlands is a saturday, but have to deal with all the xanadu construction making parking a bitch. garden is the garden, but it is a tuesday.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
    I copied this from another website:

Grab your mouse and highlight the album covers. Start with Women And Children First. Instead of the classic band photo that graced the cover, there is a green box with the name of the band and the album, that's all. Then, check out the cover of Van Halen, the 1978 debut that to this day is the biggest selling Van Halen recording in the world. The group's first exposure to the world, the cover featured the band's logo in the center of four pictures of the group's founding members. There's Diamond Dave, striking a pose in leather pants with his shirt open, the penultimate frontman. There's Eddie Van Halen, the streaks of light from his guitar only hinting at the audio bombardment within. Alex Van Halen, bathed in red light, pounding the skins. And there's ... Wolfgang Van Halen?

That's right, Van Halen has removed the picture of Michael Anthony and replaced it with a shot of Wolfgang, who not only wasn't born in 1978, Eddie hadn't even met his mother yet!

PBM

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388

Grab your mouse and highlight the album covers. Start with Women And Children First. Instead of the classic band photo that graced the cover, there is a green box with the name of the band and the album, that's all. Then, check out the cover of Van Halen, the 1978 debut that to this day is the biggest selling Van Halen recording in the world. The group's first exposure to the world, the cover featured the band's logo in the center of four pictures of the group's founding members. There's Diamond Dave, striking a pose in leather pants with his shirt open, the penultimate frontman. There's Eddie Van Halen, the streaks of light from his guitar only hinting at the audio bombardment within. Alex Van Halen, bathed in red light, pounding the skins. And there's ... Wolfgang Van Halen?

That's right, Van Halen has removed the picture of Michael Anthony and replaced it with a shot of Wolfgang, who not only wasn't born in 1978, Eddie hadn't even met his mother yet!

PBM
    Eddie must have never went to school, cause he ain't got no class. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • For those who like the US Dollar, here are the Charlotte Ticket Prices: $55.00, $75.00, $125.00
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
    tybird wrote:
    Eddie must have never went to school, cause he ain't got no class. :)

"I brought my pencil....give me something to write on"

PBM

For those who like the US Dollar, here are the Charlotte Ticket Prices: $55.00, $75.00, $125.00
    Not particularly unreasonable when The Police and Genesis are both charging $225 for the top price at their respective reunions this year.
    nickcat0 wrote:
    Gets on knees to pray ...........

Please come to the UK , please come to the UK , please come to the UK .
    In the press conference they claimed they would be recording new material and doing a world tour, they acted like the band was reborn and planned to work for years to come...time will tell.
    Poncier wrote:
    In the press conference they claimed they would be recording new material and doing a world tour, they acted like the band was reborn and planned to work for years to come...time will tell.

What's the over/under?

PBM

Poncier wrote:
    Not particularly unreasonable when The Police and Genesis are both charging $225 for the top price at their respective reunions this year.
    No Michael Anthony is worth at least $100 (U.S.) off the price of a ticket. :D

While the reunion of the Police is great........the ticket prices are wack. As I much as I love "old-school" Genesis, I would not pay those prices for anything less than Peter Gabriel-Tony Banks-Mike Rutherford-Steve Hackett-Phil Collins all on stage playing at the same time.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    "I brought my pencil....give me something to write on"

PBM
    Nice.....really nice........but we expect that from you. :cool:

I am also interested in hearing an over/under on this circus.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

PBM

You're kidding. That pisses me off if true. Eddie Van Halen is an egotistical prick.

I used to love this band so much.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    You're kidding. That pisses me off if true. Eddie Van Halen is an egotistical prick.

I used to love this band so much.
    It appears to be true. :rolleyes:
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    tybird wrote:
    It appears to be true. :rolleyes:

I just went and tried it. It is true. Also, none of the Hagar albums or III are pictured. Or mentioned anywhere on the site.

One funny thing is that it mentions VH has the Guiness record for most #1 Album Rock tracks on the Billboard charts. Most of those tracks were from the Hagar years.

This is just stupid. I was always able to accept Hagar because I could justify it by saying Van Halen is the "band", not the singer.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13