Options

SMC- Stephen Malkmus- Face the Truth

2»

Comments

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I love awesomeness, but I just saw what you needed to to to join this little club of elit. I'm sorry that I'll be standing on the side line when all this awesomeness takes place.

just launch transplant a PM, he should be able to set you up in it
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Echoes wrote:
    just launch transplant a PM, he should be able to set you up in it
    yup, that is about as elite as it gets. you want in, let me know and uh..you're in!
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    yeah I'm really looking forward to the SMC.

I've already got a few albums in mind.....

we can't let it just die transplant. I'll upload a record this week if you want.....
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    StoneG82 wrote:
    yeah I'm really looking forward to the SMC.

I've already got a few albums in mind.....

we can't let it just die transplant. I'll upload a record this week if you want.....
    nah, it is a ways from dying, just of late people have been so incredibly busy, I was just curious if people had any thoughts on how to keep it going or rejuvinate it if you will. most people look forward to putting up a selection and as everyone that has put up a selection can probably attest, it kinda sucks a little when it goes to page 6 in a hurry.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    transplant wrote:
    nah, it is a ways from dying, just of late people have been so incredibly busy, I was just curious if people had any thoughts on how to keep it going or rejuvinate it if you will. most people look forward to putting up a selection and as everyone that has put up a selection can probably attest, it kinda sucks a little when it goes to page 6 in a hurry.

I have no idea how to upload albums. So if anyone can explain this trick to me, I would gladely join.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Yeah, where is everyone recently! I got like 2 or 3 people downloading my selection (ok, I know it was out of the range a bit, but....) and transplant was kind enough to give it a shot (I know psycosmic and barcoach are busy), but yeah, a lot of people have drifted somewhere.

Anyway, let's just keep it going no matter how many people there are, and we'll just wait for the members to slowly come back!

And try and mix it up, too. It's much better when we're having selections outside of just rock. ;)

Cheers.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • Options
    HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    I would guess people that aren't that into Pavement also arent into the Pixies or Modest Mouse's early stuff.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Yeah, where is everyone recently! I got like 2 or 3 people downloading my selection (ok, I know it was out of the range a bit, but....) and transplant was kind enough to give it a shot (I know psycosmic and barcoach are busy), but yeah, a lot of people have drifted somewhere.

Anyway, let's just keep it going no matter how many people there are, and we'll just wait for the members to slowly come back!

And try and mix it up, too. It's much better when we're having selections outside of just rock. ;)

Cheers.

I actually already had it ;)
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options

Cheers.
    burnin, I just need to add that I appreciate your selections. I expect these types from ya and that is good. I do struggle with critiquing them though. Not that I don't with more rock oriented material however your selections may just require more study perhaps. maybe I need to listen to a jazz/funk fusion type of release that just downright blows. I only hear of the good ones. I am burning this selection for a jazz freak to get his opinions on it. I don't see him often but when I do, I pick his brain because it is just a whole new world of music I haven't fully grasped.

thebetterman, I hope you are not too annoyed I took your post WAY off topic.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,819
    Echoes wrote:
    I actually already had it ;)

i already had it as well.

the list of who goes when should also be refreshed because i cant remember at all when I go or where we are in line.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,212
    I just got the message that I'm up next.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to participate as much late- I still haven't heard all of the last three SMC picks (Endino/Mastersounds/Malkmus). I have the first two on my desktop here and never got to dl the Malkmus one. Sigh...

I'll get a pick up shortly here.

I did listen to a bit of the Mastersounds and I liked what I heard. I look forward to getting a chance to check that one out.
  • Options
    the list of who goes when should also be refreshed because i cant remember at all when I go or where we are in line.

here is the remainder of the list.

andyslash
    mookeywrench
    yosi
    swede
    transplant
    StoneG82
    karma defect
  • Options
    transplant wrote:
    here is the remainder of the list.

andyslash
    mookeywrench
    yosi
    swede
    transplant
    StoneG82
    karma defect

Holy funk I am on the list. I still need to join. Better do something about that. I am a lazy ass motherf*****, I didn't know how to do it right away so I kinda forgot about it. Sorry.
  • Options
    Hey good I still have some time to work it out.
  • Options
    Bumb
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    this record could be the soundtrack to my summer.

"It Kills", "Loud Cloud Crowd" and "Freeze the Saints" are my favorites.

This is probably my favorite malkmus project. (pavement included)
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    dammit, i forgot to buy this instead of the johnny cash i bought. .... soon!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    kdpjam wrote:
    dammit, i forgot to buy this instead of the johnny cash i bought. .... soon!!

It's worth every penny.