Looks like the Van Halen tour is off....

2»

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    locked wrote:

But no doubt the tour will be a bust at some point mid-way through
    (aka Eddie will collapse on stage)..

so those of you who get some of the earlier dates, get your boot-legs on!

Its gonna get real ugly real fast
    My money was on a fist fight on stage between Eddie and Dave..........:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • ...and now, according to DLR, the VH brothers may not attend the HOF ceremonies.

http://www.therockradio.com/2007/02/van-halen-brothers-might-not-attend.html

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    ...and now, according to DLR, the VH brothers may not attend the HOF ceremonies.

PBM
    "....the chaos surrounding guitar hero Eddie Van Halen," "somewhere between Axel Rose and Michael Jackson."........LMAO....that's some great writing.

What a bunch of babies.....threatening to skip the HOF ceremony. LMAO
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    that's right Eddie..

stay mad at the world...

(WTF???)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • At least according to Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/02/21/the-official-word-van-halen-tour-kaput/

This wouldn't surprise me in the least. For the past 10 years, this band has been the biggest punchline in the rock music world.

this thread is a hoax...on page 16 of the most recent Rolling Stone, with the same pic, the article says nothing about strippers from Albequerque nor anything about the tour not happening...that link was made up/edited by someone who doesnt want VH to tour
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • all i Know is they are the most fucked up band in rock
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • locked wrote:
    I predict the tour will happen..
    Alex and Eddie, David (and all the people they support) reallly need the money..

Promoters are seeing easy $$$..

But no doubt the tour will be a bust at some point mid-way through
    (aka Eddie will collapse on stage)..

so those of you who get some of the earlier dates, get your boot-legs on!

Its gonna get real ugly real fast

(picture Jimmy Page touring with "The Firm", so messed up he had to play while seated on a folding chair)..
    Sounds like some more Guns n' Roses bullshit:rolleyes:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • imspinnin wrote:
    Sounds like some more Guns n' Roses bullshit:rolleyes:

...but really it's smart marketing. The GNR brand name continues to be talked about, whether it's positive or negative. There's no such thing as bad PR, right?

Same thing with Van Halen...these little feuds and in-fighting keep the drama going. In return, the audience stands at attention.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • This wouldn't surprise me at all if the tour got canned. My bet was always they start the tour and end it half way through because DLR says something cocky to Wolfgang and Eddie gets so ticked that he calls off the tour.

However, by these interviews, it seems like DLR is acting very mature about what all is going on.

Of course, even if he didn't I'd still take DLR's side :)

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

NickyNooch wrote:
    This wouldn't surprise me at all if the tour got canned. My bet was always they start the tour and end it half way through because DLR says something cocky to Wolfgang and Eddie gets so ticked that he calls off the tour.

However, by these interviews, it seems like DLR is acting very mature about what all is going on.

Of course, even if he didn't I'd still take DLR's side :)
    Maybe DLR needs the money more than the other guys?
  • ...and now, according to DLR, the VH brothers may not attend the HOF ceremonies.

PBM

Sounds like the potential for it to be Sammy, Mike and DLR at the HOF ceremonies. That would be pretty funny to see VH get inducted without a single namesake musician present. The HOF ceremonies are definitely going to be a must-TiVO event.

Eddie's either a tool, a loon, or both. And I bet Wolfgang is pissed that he's not going to be able to get his first real tour groupies.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    Eddie's either a tool, a loon, or both. quote]

more likely an alcoholic...

self centered fear of rejection going on here...

Kill everyone before they kill you..

(nonsense)

if he got sober, things would be better all around..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford