Options

Heart/Alice in Chains Concert- March 10th, Atlantic City

13»

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Was Phil all fucked up?

I hear he hasn't done too well since Dimebag's death.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i'll post some mp3s this weekend.. i used my digital camera to record the audio... not perfect.. but listenable...

Phily sounded decent.. Vh1 is gonna have to bleep him out a bit tho :)

was hilarious when the crowd boo'd rufus wainright
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    schmoff wrote:
    Got 3 tickets today section 101 row 12!!!
    Can't wait, I have a bootleg of the 2-18-05 show in seattle at the premier club, they did 13 alice in chains songs that night!!!

I went to the Premier Club show......THEE best show I've ever been to.
  • Options
    I heard that Alice in Chains played the entire Kiss "ALIVE!" album, plus LOVE GUN.
  • Options
    Awesome Show!!

Here Are Some Observations:

My Seats- Last Row up top :( , but at least it was in the middle and not on the sides

Alice in Chains - Fucking Unbelievable, they sounded friggin amazing. the new singer was right on poit. i have to admit i was a little shady going into this but this singer ( guy with afro) brought me out of it and showed me the light. the band looked like they needed to get back into the swing of playing shows again but they were still friggin amazing

the funniest thing was in the beginning, the host asked how many people were here to see Heart, and it was followed by a large applause, then he asked how many people were here to see AIC, and the place went Fucking Crazy. needless to say the AIC fans out numbered heart fans. every time AIc's name was mentioned they went crazy

I really want to no who had the balls to light up a J during the middle of " These Dreams" . it was hilarious becayse the whole back were i was stunk like weed, i was happy. well considering tonight was a dry night for me , no beer :(
    i mean i know heart was a band in the 70's, but there was a lot of older people there , and i dont mean 40's i n mean late 50's. 4 of which sat right in front of me and looked pissed all night and at one point i caught one the older gentlemen covering his ears during Man in the box

did anyone catch the crazy lady with the white shaw dancing in the middle of the aisle on the floor, she was definitely on something

i was very upset that Heart played Alone acoustic and without Drums, when they came on stage and started playing the opening riff, my sister and i both turned to each other at the same time and asked where the drummer was. the drum is the best part of that song beside ann's voice

Barracuda WAs fucking amazing , the sound was excellent and so on point , i guess thats what you get when you have nancy, Jerry cantrell, dave navarro, and duff mckegan playing guitar on the same song

the Four Zepplin songs were my favorite part of the night and such a treat i had a feeling they were going to play rock and roll since it has always been a live staple for them. but Battle of evermore ( lovemongers style) was very unexpected, i loved every minute of it. Blackdog and Misty Mountian hop back to back i couldnt have asked for more, they sounded almost identical to the original never missing a beat. and Ann's voice brought so much energy and lfe to the songs

Booing? wow lots of that tonight Huh? i kinda felt bad for the people it was directed at even though i kinda agreed. Carrie underwood came out to lots of boos, but she sounded really good. but i felt most sorry for Rufus Wainwright (sp?). jeez he really got it tonight. right when he started singing that signaled bathroom/smoking break for everyone as there was a mass exodus to the doors.when he came back on stage for the finale , they announced his name and the place Erupted in a loud roar of boos, i felt emabarrassed for him, then he just stood on stage for barracuda looking like an idoit

the production was so painful and tiring. i was thinking about going to see the Velvet revolver/stp one, but i am having 2nd thoughts after tonight. with all of the breaks and double song playing and just the oddness of it all im not sure if its something i want to sit thru again
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    i think it's awesome that a dude named Rufus played
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    I just got back from the show... I hate to say it, but I was definitely disappointed. I wasn't expecting a full-out AIC concert, but I was expecting more than just 5 songs. The crowd seemed to light up when AIC came on, I think there were about as many AIC fans there as Heart. I appreciated the "Alice in Chains!" chant from the crowd, I thought that was really awesome. I did end up sitting through a good part of Hearts set though- most of the crowd really didn't seem into them at all and it seemed like a lot of people just left when they came on. The entire place looked packed when I got in, and once Heart came on, half of the row in front of me emptied out (I was on the floor), the guys next to us left and there seemed to be a lot of empty seats across the arena. I was glad to see Phil Anselmo singing with them and Dave Navarro sounded awesome... but I will say this, going to a concert where they are taping a TV show is NOT going to a concert. Way too bright and the stage manager making the entire audience fake clap... didn't really think about that beforehand, but no thanks. But, I am glad to say I at least finally got to see AIC though... my dream for the last 9 years. Hopefully they'll be like PJ and post some US tour dates soon!! :)
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    fanch75 wrote:
    i think it's awesome that a dude named Rufus played
    He really did get booed.... bad.
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i gotta admit.. after AiC's set when Jerry said that the show was dedicated to Layne Staley i got a lil teary eyed...William did a good job, but he had tough shoes to fill...
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    here's some audio of their performance with Phil Anselmo

http://www.badongo.com/file/291405
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Thanks for the downloads. Anselmo really down't have the range to pull those songs off though, kind of ruined it for me.
  • Options
    Thanks for the downloads. Anselmo really down't have the range to pull those songs off though, kind of ruined it for me.
    agreed but i like how he sang the songs with his own style..instead of trying to sound like Layne
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    agreed but i like how he sang the songs with his own style..instead of trying to sound like Layne

I can see where you are coming from, but I don't think he added anything to the songs at all, just an odd choice of guest singer. Like you wouldn't get Eddie Vedder in to sing guest vocals on say, Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden, because you need a good upper-register to pull the song off.
  • Options
    I can see where you are coming from, but I don't think he added anything to the songs at all, just an odd choice of guest singer. Like you wouldn't get Eddie Vedder in to sing guest vocals on say, Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden, because you need a good upper-register to pull the song off.
    yeh it din fit..but was nice to see Phil on stage again :)

YNWA