Now that you have an IPod....

2»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i still have a discman. but my eldest daughter drives me nuts always clicking forward to the next song before the first one's finished. i want to be able to hate the whole song, not just parts of songs. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    was ghostface in wu tang? i'm still learning ;) haven't dived into de la soul either yet. i'm thinking of just rounding up anthologies for starters... ive got public enemy, might grab de la soul and tribe called quest.
    de la soul and tribe called quest's "greatest hits" = good stuff :)
    add in the beastie boys anthology and i'm a happy camper...at work that's usually the only hip-hop i put in the cd player.

i'm still a big fan of immersing myself in one album at a time. though lately i've been buying too many cds all at once...and they're usually of different generes. so, it's hard for me to concentrate on just one.

but...i rarely use the shuffle on my ipod. maybe i'll try it out once i update my new one...cute lil video nano :) i was also thinking of rotating out older stuff for all my new obsessions. not enough space on my wee lil 4G!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    I use shuffle a lot too, but i guess downloading music can be a positive because i have lots and lots of artists i have come to like but if i love their music enough i buy the physical cd and i put it on my ipod and listen or the cd player in the car sometimes i listen to it the whole way through or just a few tracks, i have actually been buying a lot of cds lately they are so cheap due to downloading that i kind of went crazy.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    As for the PJ bootlegs, I delete all the Encore Breaks. It helps with the space a little. I only had a 4G before but just bought an 80G so it's not as much of a problem as it used to be.

I keep my ipod on shuffle most of the time but that is the reason I refuse to have an ipod hookup in my car. I have about a 45 minute drive to work so I love to listen to a new album all the way through during the commute. I have a 6 disk CD changer and I only keep those 6 CDs in my car. This keeps me from skipping around plus we have had some break-ins in our parking garage at work and I don't know what I would do if someone stole my CDs (I used to keep about 200 in the car at a time).

The whole idea that music is going digital kind of scares me. If we're having to use little tricks to make ourselves listen to an entire album now, what's it going to be like when the only way we can purchase an album is to buy it online?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Yep Ghost is part of the Wu-Tang. :) He's the only one releasing excellent Solo albums (even pitchfork is on his dick ;) )

AOI: Mosaic thump is the De la with funny skits. But I'd recommend starting off with "Stakes is High" as far as their records go.

As for ATCQ start with either Low End Theory or Midnight Marauders

are you opposed to greatest hits in general? i'm hooked on them.
  • I've been thinking about this too because it happens to me... :(
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • are you opposed to greatest hits in general? i'm hooked on them.

Not opposed to it, I just usually don't buy greatest hits records. I prefer to buy albums and listen to them the whole way through. Then after that I'll decide whether to keep buying albums or just to buy the greatest hits.
    NERDS!
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I tend to put the iPod on shuffle to try and break away from my normal listening patterns and get some variety in
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    fuck apple.
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    brain of c wrote:
    fuck apple.

:D

I used to have this giant cd rack in my living room, but now it's just the Ipod. And yes, some of the magic of buying a new cd, putting it on repeat, reading the inlay and learning all the lyrics is gone. However I don't think that it's just the Ipod's fault. I used to have a very narrow taste in music. I would buy like a cd a month. Now it's more like 3 or 4 a month. So I simply can't get to know all of them as well as I used to.
    Yesterday I bought the new Radiohead album as a download, but that was a first. I still buy cd's and read through the inlay, before I put it on the Ipod.

I miss those good old days, where I could just sit down, put on a Pearl Jam album and listen to it 5 times, just cause there was nothing better to do.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I've got a 60gb player so there's quite a lot of stuff on there and most of it I skip. I just put shuffle on so I rarely listen to the same artist for a long period of time. I'll sometimes have a 'craving' for a certain band or album though, especially if it's a new album.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    I find I rip the cd before even listening to it, then it gets thrown on the player and nevr gets the reps it deserves.

digital music can suck