I hate Everclear

DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
edited July 2007 in Other Music
No idea why I had to post this, but I did. I got it off my chest and now I feel better.

Good day, sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!
"I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Their music is shit
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    The 1st two albums were excellent the last 5 sucked balls.
    NERDS!
    Cant stand anything about them, hate their sound, lyrics, image
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• the drink or that really shitty awful band
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
    the drink or that really shitty awful band

I think I would take a shot of that over listening to one of their songs
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I think I would take a shot of that over listening to one of their songs

Too bad Everclear the drink makes you go blind and not deaf so I would never have to hear these arseholes again.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    I liked a few songs from So Much For The Afterglow, but that's about it
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    me too, but I hate Chris Cornell more... much better music, much bigger jerk!
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    pjtaper wrote:
    me too, but I hate Chris Cornell more... much better music, much bigger jerk!

I am starting to think you secretly love CC.

• Danimal wrote:
    No idea why I had to post this, but I did. I got it off my chest and now I feel better.

Good day, sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

me too. Involuntary eye roll when I hear an everclear song.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I used to love Everclear, their first 3 albums and their 5th are great, but their 6th sucked and I never bought the 7th cuz its not Everclear anymore its just Art Alexakis with 5 other dudes instead of just the drummer and the bassist.
    32 shows and counting...
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Danimal wrote:

Good day, sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

Art is a real jerk!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I like them! Well I liked their first few albums anyway, Sparkle and Fade is a wicked album.

Only heard the single from the last record, and it sounded like shit, so haven't bothered with them since.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i remember seeing live clips of them on MTV back in the day and my god were they terrible live!
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    sparkle & fade. i have nothing more constructive to say.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Im not really a fan..although I like some songs from "afterglow" They really suck live.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Man, that shit will fuck you up.........oh, you're talking about the band? Sorry..:o
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • ISUalISUal Posts: 40
    Sparkle and Fade was a damn good album. Everything else = shit...
    "I know I was born, and I know that I'll die, but in between is mine..." Ed
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    i remember seeing live clips of them on MTV back in the day and my god were they terrible live!

I saw them live in concert twice, and no, they weren't terrible live. if they had been terrible, I wouldn't have seen them a second time. they actually put on a pretty good show both times.

and like the poster above me said, "Sparkle and Fade" WAS a damn good album. imo, the songs "Elektra Made Me Blind" and "My Sexual Life" are 2 of the best songs to come out of the 90s. there were a couple good songs on the first album, then S&F was mostly good, then there were a couple good songs of the 3rd album. after that, I pretty much stopped listening to them.

now I'm not saying they're up there with PJ, AIC, and some of the other great bands from the 90s. but I DO say they were better than 90% of what came out then, at least until they tried to go poppy on the 3rd album. I suggest listening to those 2 songs I mentioned though, I love both of them.