Options

Kurt Cobain: suicide or murder?

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited June 2006 in Other Music
what do you think?

personally i lean more towards murder for a few reasons

like kurt was wanting a divorce and they had signed a prenup, and face it, was she really anything until he died and 'live through this' came out? no. she was gonna lose a whole lotta $

but what really does it for me is that there were NO fingerprints on the shotgun...come on, how the hell do ya buy a shotgun, fully load it, put it in your mouth, pull the trigger and not leave one single print on it at all???
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KryptosKryptos Posts: 34
    It was also stated by the medical examiner that the only way he could've pulled the trigger and shot himself where he did was to use his toe...and he was found with his shoes on. I think it's quite possible that someone killed him.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    why the fuck are people still talking about this
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:

sorry, wasn't aware the statute of limitations had expired on discussing this topic :rolleyes:

why not?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    it was dumb and pointless when people were talking about it 10 years ago, it was dumb and pointless when people were talking about it 5 years ago, and it will be dumb and pointless when people are talking about it in ten years.

but it is just my personal opinion. I'll leave you guys to your thread and not shit it up with my antagonism, have fun.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    KryptosKryptos Posts: 34
    Echoes wrote:
    No offense buddy but I don't remember anyone forcing you into this discussion. Ya see some people like to talk about past events...it's called history. People even talk about stuff that happened thousands of years ago...isn't that amazing?
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    it was dumb and pointless when people were talking about it 10 years ago, it was dumb and pointless when people were talking about it 5 years ago, and it will be dumb and pointless when people are talking about it in ten years.

but it is just my personal opinion. I'll leave you guys to your thread and not shit it up with my antagonism, have fun.

i don't see what's so dumb about it. i just wondered what others thought since there are a lot of holes in the official story and the official story seems near impossible to be true

why are you always so uptight?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    why are you always so uptight?

Bc it makes you look oh so ultra cool on the internet. Didn't ya know?
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    And hows about the more than 3 times leathal dose of heroin in his body which medical experts say is imposssible to inject yourself with let alone shoot a gun after.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    the FBI and CIA were in cahoots with Courntey Love ;)
  • Options
    lol since when has anyone thought it was a murder?

I heard that the shooter was on the grassy knoll outside Kurts house, but then they said it was from the Texas book depot, where apparently the shooter had to be 10ft tall and able to let off 12 shots with a single bullet, then pretend to land on the moon in a staged set filmed at Area 51.
    It wasnt JFK who died, it was his decoy, they dyed him black and sent him off into hiding, like they do with all famous "dead" people, now he hangs with Cobain, bigfoot, and Elvis at a singles bar in Norway!

P.S if the police didnt find fingerprints or any evidence to support the suicide theory wouldnt they have done a investigation?
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options

P.S if the police didnt find fingerprints or any evidence to support the suicide theory wouldnt they have done a investigation?

You would think so wouldnt you;) But all the points of evidence sited here and many other points to suggest more than suicide are in the officially released police reports on the case.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Oh come on this conspiracy theory is just to weird. The guy offed himself that might be hard for some people to except for some fans, but he really did. Deal with it and stop being silly.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Oh come on this conspiracy theory is just to weird. The guy offed himself that might be hard for some people to except for some fans, but he really did. Deal with it and stop being silly.

Personally Karma I dont think there is a conspiracy theory, in my view it's just gross negligance on the part of the Seattle police dept.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Personally Karma I dont think there is a conspiracy theory, in my view it's just gross negligance on the part of the Seattle police dept.

I don't buy it. But it doesn't matter much. He is dead anyway you look at it.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    I don't buy it. But it doesn't matter much. He is dead anyway you look at it.

Yeah I'm gonna leave this thread alone now, because it seems like between every fortnight to a month or so I end up debating in a thread whether Kurt comitted suicide or was murdered and I'm beginning to feel trapped in a loop here.:)
    Now that may be a conspiracy theory:D
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I dont know i dont care

Cobain was a hipocrit and was in a completely overrated band
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    My theory;

Kurt was trying to score some smack off the Loch Ness monster who was in town for the weeknd for the Easter Bunny's stag night. Well Kurt was short and said he'd pay Nessie back later on, well later on came and Nessie didn't get his/her (damn androngenous mythical beasts) money. So Nessie phoned Dracula who wasn't available but gave him/her the number for Batman who swopped in to the house lying in wait until he pulled the trigger.

For fucks sake, why the love of conspiracy theories?

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    My theory;

Kurt was trying to score some smack off the Loch Ness monster who was in town for the weeknd for the Easter Bunny's stag night. Well Kurt was short and said he'd pay Nessie back later on, well later on came and Nessie didn't get his/her (damn androngenous mythical beasts) money. So Nessie phoned Dracula who wasn't available but gave him/her the number for Batman who swopped in to the house lying in wait until he pulled the trigger.

PEACE

as soon as you all can explain how one buys a shot gun, fully loads it, sticks it in their mouth and pulls the trigger w/o leaving a single print anywhere on the gun i'll answer your questions. ;):D
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    lee harvey oswald did it...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I personally think the heroin part is the weirdest. There was no investigation either, it was an open and shut case (very similar to John Lennon). I think there needs to be an official investigation into it.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    In my heart I believe Courtney did it!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    My theory;

PEACE

I think people naturally like to question things that just don't seem to add up or seem mysterious to them. I don't think anyone is saying they know for sure what really happened, I think this was just an attempt at discussing some of the evidence/questions surrounding the case to see what others might think. I see no need in being condescending and overly dismissive over a simple invitation to discuss something. If you feel everything is so cut and dry about the case then try replying with a rebuttal stating why you think so and what makes you think that way or at least some sort of explaination for the questions being posed.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    In my heart I believe Courtney did it!

Seriously, I recommend you read up about Courtney's upbringing, it really does explain why she is such a volatile person. She is in her own right a talented person, she just happens to overshadow that fact with her odd behaviour, which is in itself a reaction to the screwed up life she had. The fact is Kurt was a manic depressive, it was always quite likely he was going to kill himself, because he didn't have the equilibrium to be a 'normal' happy person. Let's not forget he attempted suicide in Rome not long before he died.

From everything I've read, there are many different explanations for how there weren't any finger prints, or the heroin levels etc. At the end of the day, you aren't going to be able to tell either way what happened.

Regardless of whether Kurt had died, Live Through This would have sold well, a) because the time it came out, that sound was very popular, b) even if they had divorced it would have brought publicity to Courtney and her band and c) more than anything, it's an incredible album.

Hell, Courtney saved Kurt's life on a number of occasions. It's well documented the time she had to give him a shot of adrenalin to the heart Pulp Fiction style. Why would someone do that if they secretly wanted them to die? I can understand that Courtney's strange behaviour make's people hate her, but how anyone can judge someone so harshly when they have no idea what she's gone through, is really beyond me.
  • Options
    Seriously, I recommend you read up about Courtney's upbringing, it really does explain why she is such a volatile person. She is in her own right a talented person, she just happens to overshadow that fact with her odd behaviour, which is in itself a reaction to the screwed up life she had. The fact is Kurt was a manic depressive, it was always quite likely he was going to kill himself, because he didn't have the equilibrium to be a 'normal' happy person. Let's not forget he attempted suicide in Rome not long before he died.

From everything I've read, there are many different explanations for how there weren't any finger prints, or the heroin levels etc. At the end of the day, you aren't going to be able to tell either way what happened.

Regardless of whether Kurt had died, Live Through This would have sold well, a) because the time it came out, that sound was very popular, b) even if they had divorced it would have brought publicity to Courtney and her band and c) more than anything, it's an incredible album.

Hell, Courtney saved Kurt's life on a number of occasions. It's well documented the time she had to give him a shot of adrenalin to the heart Pulp Fiction style. Why would someone do that if they secretly wanted them to die? I can understand that Courtney's strange behaviour make's people hate her, but how anyone can judge someone so harshly when they have no idea what she's gone through, is really beyond me.

wow, a real reply, i hardly know what to do!

out of curiosity, what were the reasons to no finger prints at all anywhere on the gun?

i'm not saying for sure i think she was involved, just that things don't add up like they are supposed to. even before kurt bought the shot gun it was handled and therefor would have fingerprints on it from others, it just seems too odd that there wasn't a single print to be found on it.

and wasn't she fucking some other guy not even a week after he died? i'm sure you can say 'ppl grieve in their own ways...' but she seems like a publicity whore
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    I think he was murdered. But hey, that is only my opinion.
  • Options
    patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    let's not forget his suicide note, people.........wait! i got it! he wrote the suicide note as a cover up because he was involved in his own murder! that way no one would ever suspect that he was murdered if he took the time to write a suicide note! wow, he really was a genius after all!
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    El_Kabong wrote:
    wow, a real reply, i hardly know what to do!

out of curiosity, what were the reasons to no finger prints at all anywhere on the gun?

i'm not saying for sure i think she was involved, just that things don't add up like they are supposed to. even before kurt bought the shot gun it was handled and therefor would have fingerprints on it from others, it just seems too odd that there wasn't a single print to be found on it.

and wasn't she fucking some other guy not even a week after he died? i'm sure you can say 'ppl grieve in their own ways...' but she seems like a publicity whore

seriously, look up some info on her upbringing, i was shocked and disgusted by how her parents treated her, and it's this reason that i have compassion for her, and why i can understand why she behaves how she does. it just seems that because people hat Courtney they suddenly believe 'it must have been her', which to me is utterly retarded, she had no motive whatsoever.

i'll look up the info on the fingerprints when i get a chance i'll post a link. somthing to do with smudged finger prints if i remember correctly. lets not forget the main evidence people are talking about is from a guy who dedicated his life to proving kurt was murdered, therefore his views are heavily biased.
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    patw486 wrote:
    let's not forget his suicide note, people.........wait! i got it! he wrote the suicide note as a cover up because he was involved in his own murder! that way no one would ever suspect that he was murdered if he took the time to write a suicide note! wow, he really was a genius after all!

On ehteory is that he wrote the note to tell the public he ws leaving Nirvana.It doesn't actually mention his suicide in it,just how he is disillusioned with fame.Also the last few lines are completely different from the others,they are scrawled in child-like writing.And also,Courtney was found in her diary to be practising Kurts writing.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Stone Did It!!!!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    She paid a goon to do it....we all know that.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)