Site to download TOOL shows?

elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
edited April 2007 in Other Music
I did try using the search feature first....

My brother-in-law is a huge TOOL fan and his birthday is this month. I would love to surprise him by downloading a specific show he went to last year.

does anyone have any links where I can search for the the show and download it?

Thank you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HaijayHaijay Posts: 376
    sneak in gorge 1 instead and save him from that crap.6 twenty minutes songs is boring,no?
  • Haijay wrote:
    sneak in gorge 1 instead and save him from that crap.6 twenty minutes songs is boring,no?

WHAT?! Not that the Gorge was bad but Tool are amazing. I guess Zeppelin shows must have been pretty boring as well?
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 376
    zeppelin,wtf?." not that the gorge was bad",you're joking right? if i wanted smoke, theatrics,and a little weiner hiding in the shadows,i would go to joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat. i prefer pure rock &roll performances,not artistic statements.tool are way overrated, but i respect your opinion
  • I'm looking for a specific Tool show as well. There is one Tool site that lists Tool bootlegs and their source, but it is for reference only and as a result, they only offer 1 minute samples. The site is http://www.collectiveunconscious.org. They have a source listed for my show, it was 8/30/2006 at Coors Amphitheatre in Englewood, CO. Here's the details they listed if anyone could help me out:

Source C: DAT --- Schoeps MK41 > N-Box > Sony PCM-M1
    Transfer: M1>deltadio2496>48k>cdwave>44.1>flac level6
    Taper: Twister
    Gen: 1st from Master
    MP3 Sample: Right click & save

Notes - by Galen: Hands down one of the best, if not the best, audience recordings from this leg of the tour. Super-clean, up-front vocals mixed with guitar, bass & drum that leave you with the impression that you are not simply listening to a recording but are "there". Definitely a recording that will wear your CD player out... in a word: Superb. In fact, that is all I am going to say about it.

Maynardism: "Donno whazza gass - Good Evening."
    Maynardism: "We'll be back in the beginning of the new year...scouts honor."

Time: 1:37:24
    Setlist:

Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty Six & 2
    Jambi
    Schism
    Rosetta Stoned
    Opiate
    Sober
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Ænema
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
    your link doesnt work for me...

i cant believe i cant find this show (or your show) to download somewhere. I found one site after hours of going thru net searches, where the guy has the show I am coveting, but he hasn't responded to my email.

i guess this makes you appreciate PJ and their loyal fan base as getting a specific PJ show is like breathing.
  • your link doesnt work for me...

i cant believe i cant find this show (or your show) to download somewhere. I found one site after hours of going thru net searches, where the guy has the show I am coveting, but he hasn't responded to my email.

i guess this makes you appreciate PJ and their loyal fan base as getting a specific PJ show is like breathing.
    There was a typo, I corrected it now. Click the link for a written database of Tool recordings.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    My brother is a huge Tool fan and he might know a site...But he's nearly impossible to get a hold of.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • pjfanatic4pjfanatic4 Posts: 127
    TOOL does not do official bootlegs like PJ. So you will be searching for an audience recording bootleg. Try some bit torrent sites and look for the show specifically. I've seen many shows on these sites, downloaded a few, sound quality is good on some, others are not worth the time.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Ive got a video torrent of their show in Athens on the 10,000 Days tour. If anyone wants it?
    The sound is not the best but the video quality is actually fantastic, almost dvd quality
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    http://db.etree.org/bs_d.php?artist_key=349

you can trade with people through mail here but it also is a good list. what show are you looking for i can check out the hubs for you.