My Morning Jacket - Manchester Academy (June 27th, 2008)

2»

Comments

• Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Is it just me or does the opening riff of 'Off the Record' sound eerily familiar to the theme from Hawaii 5-0?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    wash_ wrote:
    Im half-wondering whether to go...might be good for old times sake. Maybe it'll be better on their own than opening for PJ.
    :eek:
    you've gone mad!!
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Pegasus wrote:
    :eek:
    you've gone mad!!
    You're just deaf. :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • bold99bold99 Posts: 17
    Is it just me or does the opening riff of 'Off the Record' sound eerily familiar to the theme from Hawaii 5-0?

Yes it does...but then at the end it turns into this jazzy jam that is amazing...

Seeing them open for PJ was fun but def go see them on their own..it is so much better, they are amazing live.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    bold99 wrote:
    Yes it does...but then at the end it turns into this jazzy jam that is amazing...

Seeing them open for PJ was fun but def go see them on their own..it is so much better, they are amazing live.
    Yeah, the first time I listened to it I thought 'I've heard that somewhere before' and then it finally hit me. They are probably my second favorite band now and can't wait to see them at Bonnaroo...just hope I'm capable of staying up late night!!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Woo!! Only 4 days away!! :D

Looking at the recent setlists, i'm so excited I could wee! :D

Are we all having a meet up beforehand or what?! ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Dunno yet, i might get a ticket but not sure yet, need to save money not spend it................................
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007