Incubus - Light Grenades

2»

Comments

• biffy clyrobiffy clyro Posts: 148
    Oasis have made catchier tunes than Incubus could ever come up with

I'm a fan of both bands,but in the long run,incubus can only dream of writing songs as good as oasis
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    Oasis have made catchier tunes than Incubus could ever come up with

i like both bands, but dude, lets face it, oasis' IS a beatles knock off, so i don't give them much credit for that. also, the vocals are pretty weak. listen to ryan adams' wonderwall, then to oasis' version. ryan adams sweeps up with them on their OWN song. i did enjoy their last album, but to say they write catchier tunes, i don't think so, anna molly was a pretty catchy tune. i do listen to both, so this little debate really means nothing to me. in fact, i don't know why i wasted my time responding. :p
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Just the song title... Anna Molly... anomaly... seriously, that's more witty than anything Oasis has ever done. Haha.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Just the song title... Anna Molly... anomaly... seriously, that's more witty than anything Oasis has ever done. Haha.
    That's brutal.

And damned funny because it's damned true.

Blind Melon shoots and scores!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    I didn't really like this album when it first came out, but the more I listen lately...the more I love!!!

What's your take?
    i guess I will have to get it back out..they did that to me before..
    grimmy
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845

So, so true...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Anyone who says Incubus are untalented... Listen to any live version of Sick Sad Little World. Very prog rock and epic. And unquestionably well-written. This band has one of the best guitarists, bassists and drummers in music today. Anyone who says that they suck and to even dare compare them to Nickelback or Creed is, quite frankly, an idiot. Incubus are a million miles away from most rock bands and do you know why? They have TALENT. They can write simple pop songs sure, as can Pearl Jam, but they can also create multi-layered epics, which some of the most mind-blowing soundscapes you'll hear from a mainstream rock record. Seriously, this thread has pissed me off.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Incubus is a really great band all their albums are at least good but mostly amazing.

The more I listen to Light Grenades the better it sounds although I am sure it won't be my favourite one of theirs but still pretty good...my favs are MAKE YOURSELF and A CROW LEFT OF THE MURDER!!!

See them in Austria and Holland for the first times!!! :cool:
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
    Anyone who says Incubus are untalented... Listen to any live version of Sick Sad Little World. Very prog rock and epic. And unquestionably well-written. This band has one of the best guitarists, bassists and drummers in music today. Anyone who says that they suck and to even dare compare them to Nickelback or Creed is, quite frankly, an idiot. Incubus are a million miles away from most rock bands and do you know why? They have TALENT. They can write simple pop songs sure, as can Pearl Jam, but they can also create multi-layered epics, which some of the most mind-blowing soundscapes you'll hear from a mainstream rock record. Seriously, this thread has pissed me off.

So fucking true, but don't let yourself get upset over it.
    I'm really glad there are people on this board that appreciate this band.
  • eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    I really like incubus,and appreciate the way they have changed in these years. I used to listened to SCIENCE, if you haven`t listened to it, please try to do it!. Now their music is very different from their first albums but i still like this band.
    I`m glad because this year incubus is touring my country, it`ll be the first time I see them
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Incubus fits perfectly into that list of the shit rock that has made it big since the late 90's

this is the stupidest post i have seen in a long time and let me tell you there have been a few big ones around here
    eleonora wrote:
    I really like incubus,and appreciate the way they have changed in these years. I used to listened to SCIENCE, if you haven`t listened to it, please try to do it!. Now their music is very different from their first albums but i still like this band.
    I`m glad because this year incubus is touring my country, it`ll be the first time I see them

The evolve more with each album...it's nice to see.
    His voice is really just getting incredibly better. I didn't think he could get higher after Crow... but dang, it's really good now... it's like a mature Crow voice, but cooler.