Incubus - Light Grenades

stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I didn't really like this album when it first came out, but the more I listen lately...the more I love!!!

What's your take?
Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    it is an average album
    i love rock chicks
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    I really like it. My brother got it for Christmas and so I tried out. The only other Incubus I had heard was Morning View and I wasn't gone on it.
    Going to see them in October, should be good!
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I love it... second favorite Incub album... right behind Make Yourself... well not right behind, but y'know.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Cant stand Incubus..........too boring and depressing
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Meh, there are some great tracks, like Rogues and Pendulous Threads, and some crappy ones, like Love Hurts and Earth To Bella. Probably my least favourite Incubus album. Can't wait to final see them after the massive delay at the Birmingham NEC on 24th September.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    It's the only Incubus album that I own.

I kept hearing "Dig" on the radio and it kept digging at me....so I bought it soley for "Dig".

I'm not disappointed.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Cant stand Incubus..........too boring and depressing

Lmao, so much more talented and creative than them manc wankers Oasis, there is more style and variation in any one Incubus album than all of Oasis's music put together.

It is a good album prefer Morning View and Make Yourself but it is solid.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I like it; I do enjoy it more now than I did when I first purchased it. I'm one of the minorities who loved "A Crow Left To The Murder" and I still like that album more, but Light Grenades is not a bad follow up. Can't wait to see them in July!
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    allornone wrote:
    I like it; I do enjoy it more now than I did when I first purchased it. I'm one of the minorities who loved "A Crow Left To The Murder" and I still like that album more, but Light Grenades is not a bad follow up. Can't wait to see them in July!

Crow is my fave album by them...it's musically amazing.
    ACLOTM is really good... it took me a little while to let it be ahead of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. but Light Grenades still beats it.
    Lmao, so much more talented and creative than them manc wankers Oasis, there is more style and variation in any one Incubus album than all of Oasis's music put together.

It is a good album prefer Morning View and Make Yourself but it is solid.:)

Incubus is just another hair on the ass of corporate rock which includes the likes of Creed, Nickleback, Hinder, Linkin Park, Staind, etc.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

And Pearl Jam, don't forget them. But seriously, don't you ever compare Incubus to Nickelback or Creed ever again.
    And Pearl Jam, don't forget them. But seriously, don't you ever compare Incubus to Nickelback or Creed ever again.

Incubus fits perfectly into that list of the shit rock that has made it big since the late 90's
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Incubus fits perfectly into that list of the shit rock that has made it big since the late 90's
    If you honestly believe that Incubus are in the same category as Creed and Nickelback, then you are truly an idiot...

No offense...
    If you honestly believe that Incubus are in the same category as Creed and Nickelback, then you are truly an idiot...

No offense...

Many would agree with me so we must all be on to something. I dont understand how somebody could listen to music as great as Pearl Jam and then something as awful as Incubus.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Zomeguh. You've got to be kidding me... their lyrics alone don't deserve this.
    Many would agree with me so we must all be on to something. I dont understand how somebody could listen to music as great as Pearl Jam and then something as awful as Incubus.
    Ok, I like Oasis...taking your screenname into consideration here...however...

Incubus has more diversity and creativity on 1 minute of any song that Oasis does in their entire catalogue. Oasis are Beatles rip-offs...case closed...their catchy and have some good songs, mind you...but none of them measure up to the worst Incubus song...whatever it may be.
    Ok, I like Oasis...taking your screenname into consideration here...however...

Incubus has more diversity and creativity on 1 minute of any song that Oasis does in their entire catalogue. Oasis are Beatles rip-offs...case closed...their catchy and have some good songs, mind you...but none of them measure up to the worst Incubus song...whatever it may be.

Creativity makes for total crap in their case, besides the fact that their boring ass songs are incredibly radio friendly. Your absolutely nuts to think that no Oasis song can compare to the worst incubus song. 20 years down the road people will be listening to the hits of Oasis while Incubus will be another forgotten or joke band along with those I named earlier.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Creativity makes for total crap in their case, besides the fact that their boring ass songs are incredibly radio friendly. Your absolutely nuts to think that no Oasis song can compare to the worst incubus song. 20 years down the road people will be listening to the hits of Oasis while Incubus will be another forgotten or joke band along with those I named earlier.

That's funny...

You can love or hate whoever the fuck you want...believe me...but your comments are ignorant and hilarious...

Listen to the wanna-be Beatles, and I will listen to Incubus...at least my ears will be filled with originality and some decent lyrics that actually make you think and don't seem like their put together simply because the words rhyme...
    That's funny...

You can love or hate whoever the fuck you want...believe me...but your comments are ignorant and hilarious...

Listen to the wanna-be Beatles, and I will listen to Incubus...at least my ears will be filled with originality and some decent lyrics that actually make you think and don't seem like their put together simply because the words rhyme...

I seem to recall a certain hit by Incubus called Stellar with some absolutely awful lyrics
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

I seem to recall a certain hit by Incubus called Stellar with some absolutely awful lyrics
    To each their own, my friend...I am done with this discussion.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    sasoj wrote:
    it is an average album

What he said.

I really like Incubus...but nothing special IMO.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I never understand why people post in threads about bands they don't like. Just don't click on the thread.

Anyway, I really like Incubus, and Light Grenades is a solid album. I am undecided as to which my favourite album is, possibly Morning View, possibly ACLOTM.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    I didn't really like this album when it first came out, but the more I listen lately...the more I love!!!

I have the same opinion. I first downloaded the album and I thought it was average. But now I bought the cd and love it :)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    parel jam wrote:
    I have the same opinion. I first downloaded the album and I thought it was average. But now I bought the cd and love it :)
    Yeah, it took me a few listens to really get into it in the beginning.
    It's the first album of theirs I've listened to properly and I didn't expect to like it half as much as I do!
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
    Dude... Stellar's lyrics are fucking amazing... when I heard it over and over on MTV... I was just like, this song is really gay.. but when I had gotten the album, listened to it non-stop, then later looked at the lyrics... holy fuck. Those lyrics are awesome as shit.

And about their songs being "radio-friendly"... I'm not even sure about that one... because honestly, after Morning View... it seems as if no one really cared for Incubus anymore... which I really don't care because they are my favorite band... like with this new CD, you don't really hear anyone talking about them... of course at the concerts you realize they picked up some new listeners......... but other than that, it's like Incubus definitely dropped off the radar, which I don't really mind, even if the band was as popular as they were when Drive was out, I wouldn't care... just because they're popular doesn't mean shit, they still have absolutely amazing music, talent, lyrics, band members, whatev.
    Dude... Stellar's lyrics are fucking amazing... when I heard it over and over on MTV... I was just like, this song is really gay.. but when I had gotten the album, listened to it non-stop, then later looked at the lyrics... holy fuck. Those lyrics are awesome as shit.

And about their songs being "radio-friendly"... I'm not even sure about that one... because honestly, after Morning View... it seems as if no one really cared for Incubus anymore... which I really don't care because they are my favorite band... like with this new CD, you don't really hear anyone talking about them... of course at the concerts you realize they picked up some new listeners......... but other than that, it's like Incubus definitely dropped off the radar, which I don't really mind, even if the band was as popular as they were when Drive was out, I wouldn't care... just because they're popular doesn't mean shit, they still have absolutely amazing music, talent, lyrics, band members, whatev.

I agree...it's almost like PJ after Vitalogy. No one really talks of them too much anymore.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I agree...it's almost like PJ after Vitalogy. No one really talks of them too much anymore.

Tis true, on a much smaller scale, they have a solid fan base to keep them going and hopefully experimenting, while Oasis continues with their lame formulaic rip off material.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    while Oasis continues with their lame formulaic rip off material.

:)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
    Tis true, on a much smaller scale, they have a solid fan base to keep them going and hopefully experimenting, while Oasis continues with their lame formulaic rip off material.

Oasis have made catchier tunes than Incubus could ever come up with
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006