very unfortunate--
    saw their next to last show--
    gimmee back my dog IS an Awesome tune--
    the lyrics are so...incredibly...heartfelt--
    (that's a word, isn't it?)--
    brent best is one cooooool m*therfucker!--

peace
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    never heard a song by them, but ive seen this thread kicking around a while now and i finally had to say it:

worst name for a band ever.

thank you.
  • Yes, but in the world of rock n' roll, "worst name " can be a good thing...

You'll remember it, right?

You should check out some of their (now defunct) music...
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Caught the Drams (most of slobberbone, plus some) Thursday night. There couldn't have been more than 40 people there in a venue that holds a couple hundred. That said, they put on a hell of a show. Great harmonies, amazing guitar work, they put a lot into their performance. Highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance.

http://www.thedrams.com/tourdates.php
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • yeah, I was gonna say, at least their lead guitarist and keyboardist didn't quit in the middle of a tour.

just saying.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • After a few days of listening, Everything you Thought Was Right Was Wrong Today is clearly emerging as my favorite of the two albums. In addition to the songs I mentioned before (Meltdown and Lumberlong), songs like Give Me Back My Dog, That is All, and Josephine are all album highlights.

Excellent stuff if you like bands like DBT, etc...
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    yeah, I was gonna say, at least their lead guitarist and keyboardist didn't quit in the middle of a tour.

just saying.

hehe, i AM glad i got to see those guys before that shit hit the fan. only downer is they didnt play my namesake and it seems the only show of their entire show not available for purchase through their live site is the detroit show i was at :(
  • I saw this band play back in 2004 I think? It was one of their last shows and it was in LIncoln, NE-my hometown. They were really good. So are thely back together now?
  • I saw this band play back in 2004 I think? It was one of their last shows and it was in LIncoln, NE-my hometown. They were really good. So are thely back together now?

No - but re-incarnated (mostly) in a new band called The Drams...

But "newer" to me - I only got turned on to the old Slobberbone recordings through my interest in The Drive By Truckers...

Interesting tidbit, I heard (here, Alabama Ass Whuppin site?) that Slobberbone has sold almost as many albums since breaking up than they did when they were together due to DBT's constant pimping of the band...)
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    NakedClown wrote:
    Interesting tidbit, I heard (here, Alabama Ass Whuppin site?) that Slobberbone has sold almost as many albums since breaking up than they did when they were together due to DBT's constant pimping of the band...)

Goes to show, DBT not only makes great music, but has excellent taste in it as well.

Those upcoming DBT/Drams shows should be wild.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Just got turned onto these guys...anybody into them?

PBM

I saw them ones, all I remember is that I liked the show and had a good time.
    They played at an easter festival a few years back.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • hehe, i AM glad i got to see those guys before that shit hit the fan. only downer is they didnt play my namesake and it seems the only show of their entire show not available for purchase through their live site is the detroit show i was at :(
    Yeah, just joshin ya.
    That was mean, I take it back.

It's a bummer when bands just don't work out...I mean, I saw the Crowes at Saratoga and it sounded OK, you know?
    you just wonder what goes on behind the scenes....
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.