Spoon

2»

Comments

• MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    SPOON is going to be on Austin City Limits THIS weekend!!! :D:D:D

Check
    http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/tvschedule/index.html

for times and schedules....I hope we get to see it this weekend. :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    Anyone here like this band from Austin, TX?

I think they are fabulous!! I haven't seen them live yet, missed them several times especially when I lived in Austin.:( But I hear they put on an AWESOME show!!

I love To Kill the Moonlight, such a great album. I love it how Britt Daniels incorporate a lot of instruments into his songs. And their new single, off of Gimme Friction, I Turn My Camera On, is one hell of a sexy ASS song :D makes me want to dance!

any thoughts on this great band, SPOON?

texas misses you man...
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

texas misses you man...

Awwww that is SO sweet!!:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • going to see em tonight.... should be a good time.
    going to see em tonight.... should be a good time.

OoooOOOOooooo, let us know how the show went!! I am seeing them next week in SF!! :D:D I can't wait!!

I heard they play the new stuff first and then play the older stuff. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • wow... top notch shit i gotta say. these guys have just the right amount of meat shoved in their dancin' pants... i guess i always thought they were a real wimpy group playing standard indie rock, but these guys have some serious backbone and live they absolutely killed. fuckin LOVED it.
    wow... top notch shit i gotta say. these guys have just the right amount of meat shoved in their dancin' pants... i guess i always thought they were a real wimpy group playing standard indie rock, but these guys have some serious backbone and live they absolutely killed. fuckin LOVED it.

YEA!! I am glad that you liked the show...you see, looks can be deciviing!!;) I have seen their previous Austin City Limits performance from 2003, and man, they can rock!! They had a preview of Anything You Want on the Austin City Limits website. :)

I can't wait to see them FINALLY after years of finding out about them when I worked as a dj at KTSW 89.9...Wed is SO going to kick SO much ass. I have been listening to ALL their albums..I am so ready to get some SPOON!!! :D:D I know VEDHEAD27 (who I converted as a SPOON fan) and I will enjoy the show in the city! Maybe I should represent Texas, my home state, by wearing my KTSW shirt :D

My favorite song at the moment, certainly sums up a long-distance/failed relationship, in my opinion.

From "Girls Can Tell":

~EVERYTHING HITS AT ONCE~

DON’T SAY A WORD
    THE LAST ONE’S STILL STINGING
    BACK A MY MIND
    I FEEL THAT PHONE RINGING
    AND THERE IS NO WAY BACK FROM THIS

EVERYTHING HITS AT ONCE
    WHAT WE NEEDS IS JUST WHAT WE WANTS
    I GO TO SLEEP BUT THINK THAT YOU’RE NEXT TO ME
    I GO TO SLEEP AND THINK YOU’RE NEXT TO ME

DON’T MAKE A MOVE
    WHEN I WALK OUT DON’T FOLLOW ME
    OUT IN THE CAR
    CAN FEEL IT CALLING ME
    AND OOH YOU’RE SO FAR AWAY

BUT I CAN STILL CHANGE MY MIND TONIGHT
    I GOTTA CHANGE MY MIND SOMEHOW
    I GO TO SLEEP ALONE BUT THINK THAT YOU’RE NEXT TO ME
    EVERYTHING HITS AT ONCE TONIGHT
    OUTSIDE IS ALL LIT UP WITH AD LIGHTS
    IN TRAFFIC WE BECOME ON THE WAY BACK HOME
    PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER THAN JUST ON OUR OWN

I GOTTA CHANGE MY MIND TONIGHT
    I CAN STILL CHANGE MY MIND TONIGHT
    MERGING IN TRAFFIC CROSS THE LANES AND THEN WE BECOME
    SOMETHING BIGGER THAN JUST ANY ONE
    OH AND EVERYTHING HITS AT ONCE
    WHAT WE NEEDS IS JUST WHAT WE WANTS
    I GO TO SLEEP AND THINK THAT YOU’RE NEXT TO ME
    I GO TO SLEEP AND THINK THAT YOU’RE NEXT TO ME
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    <~~~ can't stop listening to I TURN MY CAMERA ON!!!

*gets the funk down*

Daaaamn! :eek: It really is sexy/catchy as hell. :o

Oooooo I can't wait Nadi! :D In just a few days we will be experiencing SPOON live! Wooohooo. Yep, I am SO glad you exposed me to this kick ass band. I've been listening to GIMME FRICTION all day! Wow! Such amazing sounds going on on this album...and I just LOVE the variety from one song to the next. This band really brings it on so many different levels but they always keep that catchy, original groove. They really do just keep getting better and better too. I just loooooove the vocals so much!!! You're right, he does have a sexy voice. ;) The first song on here tripped me out, The Beast and Dragon, Adored...SUCH a heavy Beatles vibe. Looooove it! :)

This band has "got it". Can't wait for the show! Time to get funk-ay! :D

P.s. haha...yeah you should wear your Texas shirt for the boys! Maybe I'll wear mine too. :eek: :p
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Oooooo I can't wait Nadi! :D In just a few days we will be experiencing SPOON live! Wooohooo. Yep, I am SO glad you exposed me to this kick ass band. I've been listening to GIMME FRICTION all day! Wow! Such amazing sounds going on on this album...and I just LOVE the variety from one song to the next. This band really brings it on so many different levels but they always keep that catchy, original groove. They really do just keep getting better and better too. I just loooooove the vocals so much!!! You're right, he does have a sexy voice. ;) The first song on here tripped me out, The Beast and Dragon, Adored...SUCH a heavy Beatles vibe. Looooove it! :)

This band has "got it". Can't wait for the show! Time to get funk-ay! :D

P.s. haha...yeah you should wear your Texas shirt for the boys! Maybe I'll wear mine too. :eek: :p

oh I know girl!! That song has me HELLA hooked!! :D And I can't get "i summon you" out of my head..I have been listening to that album, Girls Can Tell and Love Ways EP..so beautiful!! OMG girl, I SO can't wait to see them eithier...we SHOULD wear our Texas pride...your UT shirt will for sure, make the boys very happy;) I think Britt went to school there :D WOHOHOOO

Now I am going to listen to ALL their albums, now I am on a SPOON frenzy!! I am glad that you like the new album!! :)

We should do our sexy dance when "I turn my camera on' comes on!! hehhee
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    We are going to see SPOON live tomorrow night, and I am SO beyond excited that I cannot contain myself!! I am about to explode!!

If they play All the Pretty Girls Go to the City...I am going ot FREAK!! :eek:

Is anyone else planning to see this AMAZING band live?!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    BUMP for SPOON!! :D

and OMG, they SO kicked ASS in San Francisco last Wed. night!! They started off with "The Beast and Dragon Adore' from Gimmie Fiction then played a song off of every single album they did (except for eps)

Here is a list of some of the songs they played, I just don't know the whole setlist though:(

-lines in the suit
    -30 Gallon Tank
    -Someone Something
    -Jonathan Fisk
    -Vittorio E
    -Something to Look Forward to
    -Paper Tiger
    -Take A Walk
    -Small Stakes

I forgot what else, but damn, there were some Texans representing at the show, which kicked ASS!! I SO want a boot of this show and Britt Daniel is a real showman ship...he was rockin' and going crazy on stage, playing with his guitar and getting a lot of feedback!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Ok,so now I really gotta check out Spoon.If Meddle Deal and...Jeff Ament (read the last newsletter)say that Spoon kicks ass,I gotta get some of there cd's.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
    shell bell wrote:
    Ok,so now I really gotta check out Spoon.If Meddle Deal and...Jeff Ament (read the last newsletter)say that Spoon kicks ass,I gotta get some of there cd's.

YEP Michelle! You SHOULD get some SPOON cds, I HIGHLY recommend Girls Can Tell..very awesome album!! And Stoney is also a fan of theirs;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    i only just heard of this band today.........very cool.........hopin to find some of their stuff soon.
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
    bigmuzz wrote:
    i only just heard of this band today.........very cool.........hopin to find some of their stuff soon.

Hey, btw, did you find any?!

if you want to listen to some of their songs, go on their website: http://www.spoontheband.com for videos and all that fun stuff:D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    BUMPING this up for SPOON!! :D

check out http://www.spoontheband.com they are playing several shows and they are doing SXSW, a FREE show w/Echo and the Bunnymen in AUSTIN!! :eek:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    put Metal Detektor on a mix I made last week. how smooth is that song?
    transplant wrote:
    put Metal Detektor on a mix I made last week. how smooth is that song?

thats a GREAT song!! :D

I am listening to my "Girls Can Tell/Gimmie Fiction" playlist on my iTunes...'Was It You?' just makes me want to dance :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    BUMP for SPOON!! :D

I know there has to be MORE Spoon fans out there :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • theres some good shows on archive.org
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I was surprised to hear 'I Turn My Camera On' during a Jaguar commercial. I personally could care less, it was just an eyebrow raiser.
  • BIGBIGLOVE for spoon here

me and a mate covered I summon you at a show not too long ago, but it was just the two of us, so he played acoustic, i sang and played Tambourine :cool:

some great lyrics (beast and dragon adored):

When you don't feel it, it shows, they tear out your soul
    and when you believe, they call it rocknroll
  • I don't know Spoon very well, yet 'The Way We Get By' is one of my favourite songs. I really should check 'em out.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
    transplant wrote:
    I was surprised to hear 'I Turn My Camera On' during a Jaguar commercial. I personally could care less, it was just an eyebrow raiser.

yeah I know, I was in shocked when I first heard that. I LOVED that song b/f it was on the stupid commerical. :/

you guys should check out Live105 interview w/Britt Daniel. he talks about coming to SF to play:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Gimmie Fiction got me hooked on them, I love Kill The Moonlight and the Telephono/Soft Effects double pack was pretty good too. I need Girls Can Tell.
  • I have to say that I thought Spoon was a bit boring live. I'm not a very big fan though, so I'm not the best person to ask.
    Jimmy Carter has disco fever.
    Girls Can Tell is such a GREAT album! It is my favorite album by them. It is catchy and very lyrical! I HIGHLY recommend that album! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • gimme fiction was a letdown, but everything before that is pure gold.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Good band. Boring live. A bit arrogant.

It happens.