call me now its alright
    its just the end of the world
    you need a freind in the world
    'cause you cant hide
    so call and i'll get right back
    if your intentions are pure
    i'm seeking a freind for the end of the world

Preaching the End of the World

this song is just so beautiful, another of the many touching beautiful songs that Chris has kindly wrote for us
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    AMEN reeferchief !!! :o I second that! You know, I was meaning to post that beauty as well since it had not been done yet but you beat me to it. GOOD CALL my friend. This is one of those songs that just completely GETS ME. I mean, even saying it's title makes me emotional ya know? The song really, really digs deep. It's something we can all feel and relate to. Such a comforting and at the same time heartbreaking song. The emotion behind the mighty voice in this one is just beyond intense. These lyrics are some of the most gorgeous ones I have ever seen/heard/felt/experienced.

"cause all has been lost and all has been won
    and theres nothing left for us to save"
    :o

Jesus! It really is very touching and very moving. The song is magic! So many emotions run through me when listening to this one. Tears of sadness/joy/so beautiful this hurts, smiles, chills....just SO much.

Ooooh but you can't forget the second part of it buddy! That's the part that really attacks me....

I’ve got a photograph, I’ll send it off today
    And you will SEE that I am perfectly sane
    Not for a lifetime or forever and a day
    ’cause we know now that just won’t be the case
    There will be no commitment and no confessions
    And no little secrets to keep
    No little children or houses with roses
    Just the end of the world and me
    ’cause all has been gone and all has been done
    And there’s nothing left for us to say
    But we could be together as they blow it all away
    And we can share in every moment as it breaks

Call me now it’s alright
    It’s just the end of the world
    You need a friend in the world
    ’cause you can’t hide
    So call and I’ll get right back
    If your intentions are pure
    I’m seeking a friend for the end of the world

DAMN!!

"But we could be together as they blow it all away, And we can share in every moment as it breaks"~~~> BY FAR one of my fav CC lines ever. Wow! :o

Incase you haven't seen it, insanely gorgeous footage of the magic captured.......

**PREACHING THE END OF THE WORLD**
    http://homepage.mac.com/jeffansari/preachingleno.mpg
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    oooooo i'm getting the shivers down my spine, i feel the necessity to play the cd now, just that song as i need my bed soon.
    damn i cant just listen to one song on there that would be wrong
    i feel the need to recite some lyrics that are very special (then again they nearly all are when it comes to cc and pj,:)) i'm in a very reflective mood at the present, and have listened to down on the upside everyday for the last three days now, you tend to forget just what a masterpiece it is!!! so many highlights on the album there aint any lows:D
    and what with my homework being a bit of a chore at the moment:(
    this is something that never fails to pick me up, a fantastic song on an under rated album.

TIGHTER & TIGHTER

Shadow face
    Blowing smoke and talking wind
    Lost my grip
    Fell too far to start again
    A sudden snake
    Found my shape and tells the world
    Remember this
    Remember everything is just Black
    Or burning sun

And I hope its a sweet ride
    Sleep tight for me
    Sleep tight for me I'm gone

Warm and sweet
    Swinging from a window ledge
    Tight and deep
    One last sin before I'm dead
    A sucking holy wind
    Will take me from this bed tonight
    And bloody wits
    Another hits me and I have to say goodbye

And I hope its a sweet ride
    Here for me tonight
    Cause I feel I'm going
    Feel I'm slowing down

Its a beautiful song, much emotion I feel in the lyrics
    OOOOH OOOOH, nice choice reeferchief! That song is sick as hell. That guitar work is sheer brilliance. Loooove it! :D And I must agree with you that Down On The Upside does NOT get the praise it deserves. It honestly is the album that has grown on me the most. Once it hits you, it HITS you and it's hard to get that sucka outta your stereo!!!

Ok, after searching for fuckin EVER for a SOUNDGARDEN thread the use to exist and having no luck, I thought I'd just come to the central Cornell headquaters to express my LOUD LOVE for the following song! :D Damn this badboy never fails to rock to bits. So oldschool & fierce as hell!! This is one of the nastiest riffs out there! UH! Fuckin Kim! The king of chunky riffs, the bad ass shred master. :D Chris and these piercing, powerful vocals too?! My god. Gotta love that intro scream! Mmm mmm mmm! :D

I'm being reunited with the boys 1 WEEK FROM TODAY....reunited with the voice that rules my universe. I seriously can't wait. The thought of them busting this one out has me bouncing off the walls. The possibilities are seriously endless. Woooooo!!!!!!

*rocks the hell out to the mighty*
    \m/

†LOUD LOVE†

There's no time to keep it low
    I've been deaf and now I want noise
    You stay down
    But I won't be quiet
    I'll hammer on until you fight

Loud love
    Loud love
    Loud love
    Loud love

If you've got some time to kill
    Slow resistance wins the war
    Well I know
    But that's no way to go
    You can't resist the louder pull

Well that's right
    I want something to explode
    I've been deaf
    Now I want noise

"Lo√e, you know the word

• i like chris cornell.
    that's faarkokte.
    i like chris cornell.

AWESOME! :D:D:D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    AWESOME! :D:D:D

yes, i think so too :D
    that's faarkokte.
  • Ooh, I saw the boys two weeks ago, and let me tell you, I have never seen them in better shape! The energy being compacted and the way their passion was expressed in the performance..the way the music just swirls in your head..it sets you the fuck off! Once the music hits I'm gone, dancin like none other. They have the power, like a other bands, to really get you going. An amazing live performance they give and all you want is to give back and never let the night end. Ooh, and the Soundgarden and Rage..gah, I wish I could go see them again soon! Anything Chris has done has been absolute top-notch, but the way he is live, musically, talkative, etc. is uncomparable. Just proving to age like a fine wine in every aspect. AMAZING!
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
    Ooooh man you have me even MORE pumped reachdown12! :D They really are on it like never before...and yes, CHRIS in every single possibe way is TOP notch. I've never seen him smile so much! :D He is way talkitive these days too...I mean compared to SG days it's just like a totally different person up there. He surely does seem to be at such a great place in his life and it really is something you can see. hear and feel. I love it! And yeah, he sounds beyond amazing these days, the SG and TOTD songs completely highlight that. I'm glad you had such an amazing experience. They definitely guarantee one hell of a show...more than ever these days! :D

I'm currently preparing for my trip down to southern Cali! Leave tomorrow... then FRI it's AS in Long Beach then SAT I'm off to AS VEGAS style!! AHHH!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!! I wanted this to be one of my final BUMPS before I go. *coughcough& GETAWAY CAR *coughcough* ;) Hey...I just had to come put that energy out there....especially seeing how this band is all about making some dreams come true and so full of surprises-SG songs again?! :eek: I mean really!!

Yep, being reunited with this music and THIS VOICE certainly does it "set you the fuck off". You are so right about that my friend. I'm fuckin READY!! :D This voice continues to amaze me and touch my life in such a beautiful way....to experience it first hand is one of the greatest things on earth!!!!! :o

"Lo√e, you know the word

• shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    Personally I dont rate Cornell. He has a great voice, but he is a lazy singer. Half the time I cant understand what he is saying.

Stop mumbling man !!

and he isnt fit to lace the shoes of Zach de la Rocha

Rage are now a backing band for Cornell...its a tragedy

Pleeeeeeeeeeease stop singing Rage songs...you cant deliver them...nobody else can.

Audioslave are like Paul Rodgers and Queen...a total miss casting...just a crude money crubbing exercise

sometimes I despare in music
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
    shmike wrote:
    Personally I dont rate Cornell. He has a great voice, but he is a lazy singer. Half the time I cant understand what he is saying.

Stop mumbling man !!

and he isnt fit to lace the shoes of Zach de la Rocha

Rage are now a backing band for Cornell...its a tragedy

Pleeeeeeeeeeease stop singing Rage songs...you cant deliver them...nobody else can.

Audioslave are like Paul Rodgers and Queen...a total miss casting...just a crude money crubbing exercise

sometimes I despare in music

see its all personal taste i think Paul Rodgers is a far better vocalist than freddie mercury, as i would also say Free are better than Queen, and queen sound much better without mercury.
    i embrace Audioslave as a new project and a good one Chris is far from a "lazy" singer he has a solid voice, and is one of the best song writters around in my opinion.
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    see its all personal taste i think Paul Rodgers is a far better vocalist than freddie mercury, as i would also say Free are better than Queen, and queen sound much better without mercury.
    i embrace Audioslave as a new project and a good one Chris is far from a "lazy" singer he has a solid voice, and is one of the best song writters around in my opinion.

its all about the cash mate....
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • shmike wrote:
    its all about the cash mate....

of course but i don´t think that audioslave is just for cash -they don´t need it ...i think they just did it bec. they wonna do what they love-music
    OK...I am just NOW recovering from these shows and must come post about them as promised reachdown12!! ;) Been sick as hell for the past week which I guess was my body's way of retaliating from the hell I put it through of 2 nights of back to back serious rockin.:p

Anyways, WOW...it was all over way too fast. What an experience though. Damn, where to begin?? Well...once again I completely stand by the belief that this band and this VOICE are just getting better and better each and every passing second. It's fuckin incredible!!

LONG BEACH! This entire experience was just surreal & this SET completely rocked my universe!!The SET and show experience made this night what it was...magic. :eek: It's too long of a story to tell but basically my group and I ended up catching the very end of soundcheck!!!!!!! AHHHH!! *explodes* I can't even explain this experience and still can't even believe it happenend. THANK YOU seems like such a understatement to the friend that hooked this up, but that's really all I can say at this point. DAMN! THANK..>YOU! The entire venue emptied and just US and the BAND...the VOICE?? :o Jesus!! We caught the last few songs (unreal!!)...the last one being just Chris and an acoustic guitar...he busted out FELL ON BLACK days!! I nearly collapsed. Damn! I was soooo hoping to hear this one again...in an AS atmosphere. Holy shit! :o He brought out Shaun from Seether to sing it with him and although I am NOT a fan of that voice or that band, he gets MAJOR props for this. He really did a surprisingly incredible job! While me and others kept trying to keep our cool it was also incredibly difficult to keep from grinning so much it hurt and squeezing the living shit outta each others hands while we watched/listened/felt in utter amazement. WOOOOOW! So that's how it all started!! I already knew the night was beyond blessed. Then the set...

SLAVES & BULLDOZERS!!! <~~~ OMG!! All jazzed out too?! UH! Talk about a serious highlight! SO BAD ASS! My god. Dream come true right here!

THE WORM <~~ wanted this one SO bad & hadn't heard it live yet. COMPLETELY KNOCKED ME ON MY ASS!!!!!! I can't even explain how much ASS this song kicks live but I'm pretty sure it's not a legal amount! All the more reason it felt soooo gooooood. DAAAAMN was it amazing!:eek:

FELL ON BLACK DAYS (Chris/Shaun acoustic)<~~~ :o:o Drop dead gorgeous!!!*chills* Really..this topped the charts.

REDEMPTION SONG <~~~ Oooh wow! This really knocked me out as well. Absolutely beeeeeautiful. No words can do it justice.

They also busted out a new song, being referred to as SOUND OF A GUN! Damn! This song kicked all kindsa ass too. Out of control solo!! Has me drooling even more for new album. Definitely another major highlight.

SO after the show we also got to chat TOM too which was another surreal, amazing experience. My group officially introduced us and he smiled at me and said "YOU...YOU were rockin out particullary hard tonight!!!" haha! What??! OMG that was too fuckin awesome! Getting props from the badass Morello himself! Again..WOW! :eek: He also gave us picks and setlists. Such a fuckin down the earth sweetheart. I swear he totally reminds me of the McCready of Audioslave. That man is the BEST!!! :D He also thought of us for Vegas and gave us a gift that, while it didnt take us where we thought it might, will last a lifetime and forever be cherised. Just the very fact that he thought of our group like that means SO MUCH and makes that shit beyond special. I'm still slappin myself over this!!! So yes...LB~WHAT A NIGHT! WHAT..>A NIGHT! That setllist, combined with ALL OF THAT, really made for one hell of an amazing experience. :D:o

Onto VEGAS! Twice is nice when it comes to this band and the holy voice! But damn...a fuckin radio-fest so of course the AS set was cut waaaaaay short and they only played "radio hits". VEGAS was very bittersweet. That's just the perfect word for it all around. That trip was for sure all about the PEOPLE to me. Reunited with dear friends and meeting new ones....and experiencing the show as one. Just beautiful. :) I will say one thing about the set that REALLY stood out was a super slow, super jazzed out tease of DAZED AND CONFUSED!!!! :eek: None of us could even make out what it was at first. I heard the lyrics but was just like WTF??? NO WAY!! :eek: But yep...the boys did a few verses of the mighty ZEP classic. Such an amazing "HOLY SHIT DID THAT HAPPEN?!" moment right there.

Incase people haven't seen them I'm gonna post 2 vids from the LONG BEACH show....2 songs that happened to be the MAJOR highlights of the night too. :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=260663211685579604&q=audioslave
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5526020378159855942&q=soundgarden

Again, this band continues to amaze me with their greatness...as does the almighty Cornell. In every way he really does keep defying age. Even happier than the last time I saw him :), and ofcourse the pipes even more breathtaking. Apparently he had laryngitis too which completely blows my mind EVEN MORE! He sounded better than ever!! How in the?? Said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know how you do it CC~~~but PRAISE THE LORD you do.

The AS shows are always about the MUSIC for me as I really don't feel the untiy within the crowd like I do with PJ. It actually gets really violent and ugly up in there at times...people just totally not lookin out for each other. :/ I was grateful to have that in my group though which was awesome. :) And really, as soon as the band comes out nothing else matters. Being reunited with this voice always completes a part of me. :o

Amazing shows. Amazing group of welcoming, fun, generous people I was with. Amazing experiences. Amazing band.

CANNOT WAIT FOR 2006!!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Wow!! I can't even begin to tell ya how amazing these shows sounded, Vedhead!!! The soundcheck must have been nothing short of incredible. and having Fell On Black Days, Slaves and Bulldozers, The Worm AND Redemption song all in one show?! Inexplicable the aw that is expressed from hearing this! I thought the Philly was nothing short of Amazing, but hearing this just made me go into disbelief, the energy must have been phenomenal!

The show i went to was the first to hear the new song, and it was suuuuch a great rocker! I can't wait for the next album, which I know will heighten the bar even more and prove to be just as great as it's predecessors. And meeting Tom and the comment he made to you? wow, all in one night, I am quite surprised the Euphoria of all that happened wasn't enough to kill ya! lol!

I'm sooooo glad you experienced such an amazing night!! And Vegas, getting the Zeppelin tease?!! WOW! Not to mention one of my favorite songs from one of the most monumental bands to exist.

And Thank You for the video clips!! Those shows looked unbelieveably amazing and made me wish I could have been there rockin out next to you!! lol! This band has proven over these last few years, from a shaky start that may have never gotten the ignition going, to seeing them today, the chemistry and passion flowing that is almost suffocating to us all, and seeing them create music and a hope that there is still a flowering life in the soul of music, really makes me love them even more than I ever thought possible.

And the fact that Cornell, after all his pipes have been through, proves that he is even better than ever before. To know that he can pull off such amazing talent so perfectly, even while fighting sickness, is unfuckingbelieveable. And seeing them live..it sets you free..just having their music reverberating in your mind..those funky basslines from Timmy C, the pounding rhythm of the drums from Brad, to the Badass Morello playing ungodly creations or bluesy feel on the guitar to Cornell's passionate ridden vocals that never cease to amaze..it all comes into one. Them, the crowd, feeling just as passionate about the music, the music in itself..and you. It is so untterly incomprehensible, that even after, however many times you may experience it, you will never fully convey the emotions felt. Music has that power, and it is able to be expressed especially through them. It is quite the unity that if grasped by those who feel music's passion flowing through their veins will have an unconditional love for something so real, yet surreal forever more.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    OK...I am just NOW recovering from these shows and must come post about them as promised reachdown12!! ;) Been sick as hell for the past week which I guess was my body's way of retaliating from the hell I put it through of 2 nights of back to back serious rockin.:p

Anyways, WOW...it was all over way too fast. What an experience though. Damn, where to begin?? Well...once again I completely stand by the belief that this band and this VOICE are just getting better and better each and every passing second. It's fuckin incredible!!

LONG BEACH! This entire experience was just surreal & this SET completely rocked my universe!!The SET and show experience made this night what it was...magic. :eek: It's too long of a story to tell but basically my group and I ended up catching the very end of soundcheck!!!!!!! AHHHH!! *explodes* I can't even explain this experience and still can't even believe it happenend. THANK YOU seems like such a understatement to the friend that hooked this up, but that's really all I can say at this point. DAMN! THANK..>YOU! The entire venue emptied and just US and the BAND...the VOICE?? :o Jesus!! We caught the last few songs (unreal!!)...the last one being just Chris and an acoustic guitar...he busted out FELL ON BLACK days!! I nearly collapsed. Damn! I was soooo hoping to hear this one again...in an AS atmosphere. Holy shit! :o He brought out Shaun from Seether to sing it with him and although I am NOT a fan of that voice or that band, he gets MAJOR props for this. He really did a surprisingly incredible job! While me and others kept trying to keep our cool it was also incredibly difficult to keep from grinning so much it hurt and squeezing the living shit outta each others hands while we watched/listened/felt in utter amazement. WOOOOOW! So that's how it all started!! I already knew the night was beyond blessed. Then the set...

SLAVES & BULLDOZERS!!! <~~~ OMG!! All jazzed out too?! UH! Talk about a serious highlight! SO BAD ASS! My god. Dream come true right here!

THE WORM <~~ wanted this one SO bad & hadn't heard it live yet. COMPLETELY KNOCKED ME ON MY ASS!!!!!! I can't even explain how much ASS this song kicks live but I'm pretty sure it's not a legal amount! All the more reason it felt soooo gooooood. DAAAAMN was it amazing!:eek:

FELL ON BLACK DAYS (Chris/Shaun acoustic)<~~~ :o:o Drop dead gorgeous!!!*chills* Really..this topped the charts.

REDEMPTION SONG <~~~ Oooh wow! This really knocked me out as well. Absolutely beeeeeautiful. No words can do it justice.

They also busted out a new song, being referred to as SOUND OF A GUN! Damn! This song kicked all kindsa ass too. Out of control solo!! Has me drooling even more for new album. Definitely another major highlight.

SO after the show we also got to chat TOM too which was another surreal, amazing experience. My group officially introduced us and he smiled at me and said "YOU...YOU were rockin out particullary hard tonight!!!" haha! What??! OMG that was too fuckin awesome! Getting props from the badass Morello himself! Again..WOW! :eek: He also gave us picks and setlists. Such a fuckin down the earth sweetheart. I swear he totally reminds me of the McCready of Audioslave. That man is the BEST!!! :D He also thought of us for Vegas and gave us a gift that, while it didnt take us where we thought it might, will last a lifetime and forever be cherised. Just the very fact that he thought of our group like that means SO MUCH and makes that shit beyond special. I'm still slappin myself over this!!! So yes...LB~WHAT A NIGHT! WHAT..>A NIGHT! That setllist, combined with ALL OF THAT, really made for one hell of an amazing experience. :D:o

Onto VEGAS! Twice is nice when it comes to this band and the holy voice! But damn...a fuckin radio-fest so of course the AS set was cut waaaaaay short and they only played "radio hits". VEGAS was very bittersweet. That's just the perfect word for it all around. That trip was for sure all about the PEOPLE to me. Reunited with dear friends and meeting new ones....and experiencing the show as one. Just beautiful. :) I will say one thing about the set that REALLY stood out was a super slow, super jazzed out tease of DAZED AND CONFUSED!!!! :eek: None of us could even make out what it was at first. I heard the lyrics but was just like WTF??? NO WAY!! :eek: But yep...the boys did a few verses of the mighty ZEP classic. Such an amazing "HOLY SHIT DID THAT HAPPEN?!" moment right there.

Incase people haven't seen them I'm gonna post 2 vids from the LONG BEACH show....2 songs that happened to be the MAJOR highlights of the night too. :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=260663211685579604&q=audioslave
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5526020378159855942&q=soundgarden

Again, this band continues to amaze me with their greatness...as does the almighty Cornell. In every way he really does keep defying age. Even happier than the last time I saw him :), and ofcourse the pipes even more breathtaking. Apparently he had laryngitis too which completely blows my mind EVEN MORE! He sounded better than ever!! How in the?? Said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know how you do it CC~~~but PRAISE THE LORD you do.

The AS shows are always about the MUSIC for me as I really don't feel the untiy within the crowd like I do with PJ. It actually gets really violent and ugly up in there at times...people just totally not lookin out for each other. :/ I was grateful to have that in my group though which was awesome. :) And really, as soon as the band comes out nothing else matters. Being reunited with this voice always completes a part of me. :o

Amazing shows. Amazing group of welcoming, fun, generous people I was with. Amazing experiences. Amazing band.

CANNOT WAIT FOR 2006!!!
    I DONT KNOW LYD...I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS WHOLE STORY.....
    THE SHOW WAS GOOD. ALL OF US BEING UP AT THE FRONT OF THE RAIL WAS GOOD. YOU GUYS GETTING IN EARLY....WAS GOOD. YOU GUYS BEING BACK THERE AFTER WAS GOOD. YOU TALKING TO TOM WAS GOOD. BUT......U NEVER MENTION BRAD!!!! :eek: ARE YA KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW???? HE IS THE ONLY REASON I STAYED FOR THE SHOW!!!! U KNOW THIS MAAAAN!!! I HOPE LOIS GOT SOME GANGSTA PICTURES OF HIM!!! :D I KINDA WANTED TO STAY AFTER TO GET A PICTURE WITH HIM BUT UHM.....YEAH. LITTLE EXXXHAUSTED AFTER THAT HATEFLOW PIT. THERE WAS NO LOVE UP IN THERE!!! PLUS, MY McCREADY SHIRT GOT TRASHED BIG TIME! :mad: I WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT. BUT WHATEVER. AUDIOSLAVE IS GOOD BUT THE BOYS.....THEY RULE!
    PEARL JAM + GREAT FANS + GOOD FRENZ=MASSIVE LOVE~n~UNITY!!! :)
    P.S~ TOM COMMENDED U ON ROCKIN OUT GANGTA CUZ HE NOTICED U WERE THE ONLY ONE WITH "PROTECTION" AND WERE *ABLE* TO HAVE A FEW INCHES AROUND YOU TO SWING THE HAIR AND SHAKE THE BODY!!!! ;) THANK GOD 4 NICE GUYS HUH? :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    to this thread...

the end ;)
    swede wrote:
    to this thread...

the end ;)

THE "KING" HAS SPOKEN!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• swedeswede Posts: 558
    HAHAHAH WOO HOO

btw sen - im gonna be coming over n flowin wid ya all soon - be ready for a grand appearance ;):)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    how long it take you to write that?

for fucks sake, i missed fucking audioslave , dammmit, when will they tour uk again
  • dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    Lydia! Good times were had, eh? Yeah, I it's been two weeks but I keep thinking about !

Chris sounded awesome that night and don't forget "Scream for me, Long BEEAACH!!!!!!" I love those men!!

Sen, I agree that the pit was bad!! That's the only time I've ever been pulled out of an AS pit (been up fron for 13 shows). The back of my legs were black with 8 inch long bruises. One poor girl and a security guard got a cup of piss thrown on them. Bunch of college jocks there just to get drunk and fight.

Other than that, the show was still great. Hearing Chris sing "The Redemption" song and dedicating it to my other favorite AS member, Tom, was a real highlight.

Can't wait to do the whole thing over next year with you, Lydia!
  • Time for a BUMP!!

I was, yet again, listening to the amazing workings of the compilation well-known as Badmotorfinger, and still, I cannot praise it enough!! The intensity of the chemistry flowing throughout Jesus Christ Pose, the screams, the Badass Kim Thayil himself shredding the opening to New Damage..I can't get enough! As perfect as this album is in it's own, all it does is leave you begging for more! Nothing but praise for this monumental band. Long live Soundgarden!
    Yes! Good call with the bumpin action my friend. :D{{SG!!!}} It almost hurts how untouchably out of this world AMAZING that band is. Yep, this is a unique, fierce, ass kickin sound that will forever live on. Kim Thayil is the MAN! These chunky riffs will forever rock my life! SUCH an undeniable BAD ASS. Badmotorfinger is beyond classic. Just like this voice, that album and SG ...the praise is never-ending. I was actually just bumpin them today myself. ;) Again, good call.

Wow, there's so much to respond to up in here for a change? :eek: haha.

First off, as usual, beautiful reply reachdown12. That last paragraph was perfectly summed up! And yes...it was an amazing experience..so glad I can spread that "holy shit!" disbelief and amazement onto you. haha. :D I still can't get over that Long Beach experience/set...every time I think about it, nothing but huuuuuge smiles chills. Those videos!? My god. :eek: You are soooo welcome. I know. I can't wait to do it all again. Seriously, they are all in tip, TOP shape! It's amazing. Just like another band I know!!! :D;) See, this is why this dual DREAM tour neeeeeds to happen! Oh and I think we should meet in some random halfway state and experience a fuckin show together!!! :eek: That is another thing that NEEDS to happen. ;)

SEN...haha, my bad. This IS a Cornell thread though so don't be too surprised. ;) Hey Brad rocks serious ass though. I can't deny that. Of course, yes I admit, I am way partial to these pipes as they get me like nothing else and reign superior. But yeah, other than vocals&lyrics, drums have ALWAYS stood out to me. Brad definitely brings it!!!! I fuckin looooooooove his marching action on the title track. UGH! Brilliant. Yep yep..I know all too well what you mean about the "HATEFLOW PIT". LOL! Love the title. HA...aww that is probably why Tom recognized me ya think? Well hey, even with protection it was pretty hard to move at times. And yes, I am very grateful for the nice guy that kept his end of the bargain in protecting some people. Hey..I booked that months in advance. haha. For real...ever since I had a bodyguard at the AS show in Sac last May NEVER again will I be up front without one. ;) That SUCKS about the mighty McCREADY SHIRT! OMG! What in the FUCK! That's a serious outrage right there. I'd sue!

Awww Dana! *hugs&smiles* Good times indeed (major understatement)! Thanks again SO much for everything (another major understatement) I'm still surprised you guys got pulled outta that pit. That says a lot right there. OOoh yeah, "Scream for me, Long BEEAACH!!!!!!" LOL! That was classic.:D Chris was sooo lovin it up with that crowd. He was just blown away by us. The amazement comes full circle it seems. I must say...those WERE some pretty loud ass sing alongs. :D "Redemption song" dedicated to Tom. Just added to the beauty for sure. :o YAY! I can't wait to do it again as well! 2006 is gonna be a super amazing musical year.

*sigh*

This voice and all the insanely beautiful packages it comes in. Damn! How blessed are we???

"I hear you SINGING and my soul is saved"

HAIL HAIL the mighty CORNELL! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

dana_b wrote:
    Sen, I agree that the pit was bad!! That's the only time I've ever been pulled out of an AS pit (been up fron for 13 shows). The back of my legs were black with 8 inch long bruises. One poor girl and a security guard got a cup of piss thrown on them. Bunch of college jocks there just to get drunk and fight.

HEY!!!! I WAS NOT AWARE U POSTED HERE!!! GOOD TO SEE YOU! YOU BEING PULLED OUT OF THE PIT SO FAST, I DIDNT KNOW IF IT WAS REALLY YOU!!! :eek: ONE MINUTE WE'RE NEXXXT TO EACH OTHER ON THE RAIL AND THE NEXXXT THING I KNOW....U WERE MISSING!!!! I WAS LIKE WTF??!!! HAHA LONG BEACH IS DEFINITELY GANGSTA!!! HEY THANKS FOR ALL THE HANGIN' OUT AND LAUGHS IN LINE! YOU GUYS ARE JUST GREAT!!!! BTW, HOW WERE TOSH'S SEATS WAAAAAY UP THERE AWAY FROM THE MESS? TELL HER I SAID HEY. THAT CHICK IS WAY TOO WAHHHHSOME! :D

P.S~ SORRY LYD....I KNOW ITS A "CHRIS CORNELL THREAD"......HAHA BUT BRADS MY BOY!!!! :D JUST TRYIN' TO REPRIZIZZENT. YOU KNOW THIS MAAAAN!!!

• omg!! BUMMPPP!!!

I've been listening to my Soundgarden/Chris Cornell B-sides and demos, etc. and wow, effin amazing! Great covers and songs that never made albums..Come Together, Karaoke, Angel of Fire, Blind Dogs, Christi, Homicidal Suicidal, Into the Void, Ave Maria, Nowhere But You, Stolen Prayer, and so much more. They are all so incredible in their own way. If anyone ever comes across these songs, give em a listen, purely worth the time. Phenomenal. Once more I will say I can never praise Chris or this band so much. The praising shall always carry on. :D
    ***THE BIGGEST/OVERDUE BUMP EVER****

7 months?!?! :eek: AHHH! Ok that is just unacceptable! haha.
    Well hey, PJ was touring the states so I guess it's acceptable to an extent. ;)Regardless though, just like you said reachdown12...the praise shall always carry on. And that it has despite the fact that thing hasn't been BUMPED in ages. :D

I thought today would be the perfect time to dust this LOVE thread off. The release of Revelations. Well no surprise here, Chris continues to confuse the hell outta me with his untouchable greatness. :o This voice??? There's nothing else like it and there never will be.

UNTIL WE FALL! This song is straight up heaven. I must post the acoustic version in here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSIm5p5lLmk

:o:o:o

MY...GOD! So much beauty! This song has really attached itself to me. Our golden one is shining very bright here.
    And please let's not even discuss those cargo shorts and flip flops!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:p haha.

Oh speaking of his immortal gorgeousness.....

From the new SPIN:
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/CORNELL%20%20%20%20AS%20solo%20SG/spin1.jpg

Sweet Sweet Euphoria!! If those eyes don't just pierce directly through your soul then....well...you must not have a one. How is this possible???? The man is TOO BEAUTIFUL. It's a little absurd really! haha. I swear he's superhuman in so many countless ways.

Ooooo ooooo ooo...and I cant' remind myself of it enough~~~~>NEW SOLO CHRIS CD IN THE WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D That's honestly one of the greatest things I've ever heard. I CAN'T WAIT for that already guaranteed masterpiece. AHHH and a TOUR TOO?!?!? :eek:!!!!!!!!!!

It's already been said but it can't be said enough...
    CHRIS CORNELL~~>THANK FUCK YOU EXIST!

**spread The Cc Love**

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Good call Lydi!!! Perfect day to bump this thread.
    I picked up the new album. Haven't listened yet, but I've read the lyrics and holy shit they gave me goosebumps!! This man just knows how to write what I feel. Dayum!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Thank you for bumping this one. Jesus, there's too much Audioslave/SG/CC in this board. And I guess if you want more of these appreciation things there's about 300+++ pages of that in the forum of audioslaved.com .

BTW, Chris is amazing.

Our James Bond boy: http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8633/varvatosoc3.jpg
  • I walked the streets without regret
    I stood alone and watched myself fall apart
    Answered the voices in my head
    Slipped through the chain link of a broken heart

When I'm tired and I'm feeling black
    Spread the wings upon your back
    Take us high above it all
    Stroke your feathers until we fall

Back down again

But everything that's any good