**((The Never-ending CORNELL appreciation thread))**

VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
edited October 2006 in Other Music
((((((((((((((( BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! )))))))))))))))))))

:D

Yep, that's right folks, this thread is making a come back. The central headquarters of CORNELL LOVE! A place to let it all out...the praise, the love and the respect for one of THE most amazingly talented vocalists out there. I thought with it being JULY 20TH and all that this would be the prime time to resurrect the thread of praise while also wishing the mighty man a ~~~~~~> HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

A day to be soooo damn grateful for.

Chris Cornell...the man continues to defy age and bewilder minds. What a
gift! :o

As I always say, everything the man touches turns to gold....SOUNDGARDEN, Temple of The Dog, solo, Audioslave....the talent is unstoppable and with each and every project the voice remains simply untouchable. I heard the voice before I saw the man and I remember that feeling that came over me the first time my ears were exposed to these vocal chords...it's one that continues to come over me to this day...feeling completely STUCK and in awe. Weak in knees, heart sinks, jaw on floor, tears, chills. Reminds me of American Beauty quote "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in" AMEN! That's how I feel about the beauty of Chris' voice sometimes. LOL! Seriously though. I mean, there really are no words that can come close to describing what happens to my body/heart/soul/mind when this man opens his mouth. How in the hell does he do it?! I can't praise it enough. This voice gets me like no other. The POWER and emotion behind it, the out of control highs, the beautiful lows, the insanely mezmerizing range - paired up with the gorgeous lyrics. The man kills me with his one liners... "eyes like oceans so far away" & "I'm sleeping in the silence of your voice" are 2 favs that come to mind. :o

This talent touches my soul! It has changed my life in a beautiful way. The power of this voice--I love how it can say so much without saying anything at all...a simple "hum" is chill inducing...songs like ZERO CHANCE, PILLOW OF YOUR BONES, STEEL RAIN, SEASONS, SUNSHOWER, WHEN I'M DOWN, PREACHING THE END OF THE WORLD, ALL NIGHT THING, GETAWAY CAR, CALL ME A DOG....forces some tears to flow just from the shear beauty of it all!! It's too much to handle.

Gorgeous pretty much sums it all up when talking about this man. :o And there
ain't NO denying dude is **easy on the eyes** to put it lightly. :p;) Looking AND
sounding better than EVER as these recent pictures clearly
demonstrate....

http://photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/?action=view&current=SmokinCC_bike.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/?action=view&current=HOTCCBurninthatGASOLINE.jpg

Another thing I'd like to praise and give props for is how completely ON IT he is these days in every single way. Overcame alcoholism, quit smoking. I mean outside as well as in, he just SHINES. Makes ya feel all proud.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/?action=view&current=HappyCC.jpg

Awww! Happy Chris! Looove it.

:D

Been lucky enough to see him live with SG, solo and last AS tour...the recent AS shows were more amazing than ever....I've never seen such a happy smiley Chris. He was so into it, really interacting with the crowd & band, stomping all around, just having a blast. His energy is at an all time high! And the voice?!!? Holy shit! Soundgarden days if not better! :eek: He was nailing every single note! CALL ME DOG (?!!? :o) was such a blessing. I'll say it here as well, the man seriously sounded like TOTD days if not better. He is ON IT! You can tell he is at such a great place right now and it shines through in all that he does. You can see it , you can hear it and you can definitely feel it. I'm so happy for him and oh so grateful that he is not only still sharing his gift with the world, but doing it in TIP top shape.

Out Of Exile continues to kick my ass and blow my mind. I am absolutely AMAZED by it. The band has completely defined their sound and EACH member is on FIYAH! I am LOVING this positive side of Chris shining through in all the lyrics. There is much, much SOUL POWER going on here.

I'm gonna kick start this thread of praise with a stand out fav from the new album....a song that had me hooked right from the beginnng. It is absolutely gorgeous and makes me SO happy everytime I hear it. It definitely captures the new and improved Cornell goodness. How much can you feel this love buzz? :D Ah I can't get over it. It's fuckin beeeeautiful!

CHRIS....once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thank you sooooo much for all that you give and share. Amazing guitarist, untouchable vocalist, out of this world lyricist...producer, songwriter.... Looks, out of control talent, and a kick ass sense of humor to top it off. Talk about the god damn PACKAGE DEAL!

I will never, ever understand how in the hell you do it Mr Cornell...but thank god you do! :D You are one of kind on many, many levels.

As a fellow jammer so perfectly put it...
"THANK FUCK HE EXISTS"
.......exaaaclty. :D

Much, MUCH love for the MIGHTY CC~~~~~~

~YESTERDAY TO TOMORROW~

Beauty is what the eyes behold
And you burn brighter than most
I chased you thru the midnight streets
To be where I could speak freely
I didn't care what tomorrow held
I felt the world turning only for us
Only bliss now for you and me
Rise up let life's kiss send us reeling
And unlike the times before
From yesterday comes tomorrow
When life comes alive the past moves aside
No regrets and no remorse
We have more than everything
More than man or machine
More than luck
More than fiction
Higher than any religion

From yesterday comes tomorrow
No regrets and no remorse
We'll squeeze the blood out of life
And say goodnight to the silver of old
Even when wrong we're right
Far beyond the world of diamonds and gold
I've come to realize
Where happiness lies
I want you to know I know
No regrets no remorse
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    My god I am ALL for this thread :D MORE PICTURES!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!! I love Chris, he's an amazing man with the most amazing words and attitude. Chris Cornell rocks my world!
    Sweet euphoria, mine is the heart you own
    You lost the grace of the hands that harmed you
    In the daze of a thousand yawns
    Lost my love, as it is i'm truly gone
    In you morning i will sleep
    Fire on an open palm
    Death for jesus and plastic armies
    Wouldn't bring me back again
    Sweet as ether eyes i'm blind to them

Gone are your dandelions, falling like mine
    Falling on land-mine pillows
    Tired angels save my love for the lasting one

Sweet euphoria, mine is the heart you stole
    Touched and broken are the things you love
    Using stars to light your candles
    Warms my face, but i can't remember yours
    Gone are you dandelions, falling like mine
    Falling like daydream mangos
    Diving swallows
    Save my love for the lasting one
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    *standing ovation*
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    WOW! U took the words right out of my mouth....... ;)

Love this thread.

:D:D:D Happy Birthday Chris!!!! :D:D:D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Chris cornell is the Grunge Prince of Darkness and always will be!!!!

Chris Rocks/Cornell
  • chris sounds so nice on the new audioslave, lyrics are so insightful, love worm "with my halo" just about says it all about born again right,missed the few small concerts on the east coast this spring, hope on hope he comes this way after europe, chris please come to MD, VA or PA,chris sings so sweet and looks so sweet too, greatest wish is that he and ed would sing together again but for a happy time this time, 2 would burn up the stage and my eyes
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • ************************************************************Love*********************************************
    for god's sake...excuse me Cornell's sake

this was a great appreciation of all things Cornell. the man is quite possibly the most talented lyricist out there today. (no disrespect to Mr. Vedder o'course!)

whoooooo!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • soundgrungersoundgrunger Posts: 218
    OMG Lydia!!!
    i KNEW i could count on you for an appreciation AND b-day thread! :D
    and those pics, holy shit 41 is lookin GREAT on him!
    he never ceases to amaze me with his voice, his lyrics and his on stage presence! :)
    Kate!! Hi! YES, definately MORE PICS ;):D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!! Hope you have an outstanding day with those closest to you! Here's lots of b-day wishes coming your way, and KEEP ON ROCKIN! *********************************
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    The Hitch-Hiker signin on right here with all the appreciation 'n love in the world for Mr. Chris Cornell. i remember the first time I saw him in the flesh on Audioslaves first tour.He camestrutti nout on stage with a big grin on his face and they launched into Gasoline. When he opened his mouth and those first notes came out i was fuckin blown away.

saw them again only last week at the Oxegen festival (the last date of the tour). and when he did Black Hole Sun there was an awed hush over the crowd. Amazing again.
    Listened to Down on the upside today for the first time in ages. It put me in agreat mood to listen to the voice again.

Here's to you Chris *raises a glass*

"I like throwing my voice, and breaking guitars 'cause it doesn't remind me of anyhting"
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    That was such a beautiful post!!! I have such admiration for what Chris has done. You summed up everything into your thread. A BIG Happy Birthday to Chris!!! :D:D:D

~**Seasons**~

Summer nights and long warm days
    Are stolen as the old moon falls
    My mirror shows another face
    Another place to hide it all
    Another place to hide it all

And I'm lost, behind
    The words I'll never find
    And I'm left behind
    As seasons roll on by

Sleeping with a full moon blanket
    Sand and feathers for my head
    Dreams have never been the answer
    And dreams have never made my bed
    Dreams have never made my bed

And I'm lost, behind
    The words I'll never find
    And I'm left behind
    As seasons roll on by

Now I wanna fly above the storm
    But you can't grow feathers in the rain
    And the naked floor is cold as hell
    This naked floor reminds me
    Oh the naked floor reminds me

And I'm lost, behind
    Words I'll never find
    And I'm left behind
    As seasons roll on by

If I should be short on words
    And long on things to say
    Could you crawl into my world
    And take me worlds away
    Should I be beside myself
    And not even stay

And I'm lost, behind
    Words I'll never find
    And I'm left behind
    As seasons roll on by
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • OMG Thank you for bringing this back girl!!!!

This man only gets BETTER with age!!!! I am so proud of all he's overcome how he's turned his life around. He looks and sound AMAZING this tour!!!

BTW DROOOOOOOL at the Motorcycle shot!! DAYUM! Anyone know what mag that is from and where I can get my hands on a copy??? WOWOWOW!

I hope they do a larger tour for Out Of Exile and come back to TO! I need to see that man again!! What a talent!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    comes from Stuff Magazine....
    http://www.stuffmagazine.com

good article/interview too.....

Lydia, girl how you can write......Perfectly put......mind if I just say DITTO????
    Hello Dolly!!!
    And look! PJammin IS alive!!!! I KNEW it!!!

Chris is THE reason I've met so many great people and learned what GOOD music SHOULD sound like.....

I hope his birthday celebration gives him miles of smiles.....

*crap, I'm getting SO corny in my old age*
  • Toshala wrote:
    comes from Stuff Magazine....
    http://www.stuffmagazine.com

good article/interview too.....

Lydia, girl how you can write......Perfectly put......mind if I just say DITTO????
    Hello Dolly!!!
    And look! PJammin IS alive!!!! I KNEW it!!!

Chris is THE reason I've met so many great people and learned what GOOD music SHOULD sound like.....

I hope his birthday celebration gives him miles of smiles.....

*crap, I'm getting SO corny in my old age*

SWEEET!!! Thanks. Is it from the current issue?? I not, do you know who was on the cover...there is a used place near my work that I can get back issues of mags from.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    TOSHIE!! So good to see our CC momma! :D
    *HUGS*

Thanks for the kind words guys and glad to see people are happy this thread was resurrected. It needed to be done and I'm just the CC soul sista for the job. :p Hey, I'm just tellin it like it is. Glad you all agree. ;)

I've been listening to a CC / SG mix all damn day. A-mazing. These 2 men rule my world.

Whew! Too fuckin much. It makes my brain hurt trying to understand. :p

Also want to throw a TON TON TON of love out there for EUPHORIA MORNING. The one album that highlights ALL the Cornell goodness. What an absolute masterpiece!

AND......

As requested, BUMPIN it up with more pictures...... :D

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/LOOOOOOVE.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/GORGEOUS.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/beautifulccamsterdam.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/Eyeslikeoceans.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/shirtlessccgoodness.jpg

41 MY ASS!! :eek:

The man is not of this EARTH! :o That's all there is to it.

**SPREAD THE CC LOVE****

"Lo√e, you know the word

• rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    Rock On Chris Cornell!!!!!! 40 More Years!!!!!
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
    Uh oh, this one just came on and I must post and praise. It's really, really hard to find words that can explain how much I adore this one. ATTACKS me every damn time. Instant tears, chills....heart caves in. Completely takes over every inch of me. It's just....... overwhelmingly GORGEOUS. :o:o:o

One of my all time favs from the man....

*sigh*

::GETAWAY CAR::

The first time I saw you you were chasin' down
    A cyclone all alone in the field
    With railyards and clovers, I kept rollin' on
    Never thought you'd wind up chasin' me

Settle down
    I won't hesitate
    To hit the highway
    Before you lay me to waste, no
    Saddle up and I'll help you find something to drive
    Before you drive me insane

You're tired of walkin'
    And you loathe the ground
    The sidewalk will barely touch your feet
    Life moves too slowly to hold you down
    With ring in hand you take it out on me

Settle down
    I won't hesitate
    To hit the highway
    Before you lay me to waste no

So get yourself a car
    And drive it all alone
    Get yourself a car
    And ride it on the wind
    Get yourself a car
    And drive it all alone
    Get yourself a car
    And ride it on the wind

Settle down
    I won't hesitate
    To hit the highway
    Before you lay me to waste no

So get yourself a car
    And drive it all alone
    Get yourself a car
    And ride it on the wind
    Get yourself a car
    And drive it all alone
    Get yourself a car
    And ride it on the wind

"Lo√e, you know the word

• MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    BUMPING this thread up for all of my Chris' fans out there!! :D

I give this man SO much respect. He definitely has the singing pipes to do it, and no one can sing like him!! His vocals works SO well w/Eddie's in Temple of the Dog, and how can we forget Soundgarden, solo, and Audioslave!! HOT DAMN!! This man keeps reinviting himself each and every time!! I give him much props w/that!;)

Heck, I love the song, Can't Change Me, I remember seeing the making of the video on MTV when the album was about to come out. I was thinking, 'oh man, no way?!" and he totally blew me away!! :) Excellent musician, songwriter, and he does NOT look his age damnit! what is it w/all these guys that are over 40 and they STILL look HOT?! come on man!! :eek:

Anyway, he rocks and happy belated b-day to him (sorry, my b-day energy was all for Stone :D)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    haha. Good call bumping this girl! ;) And hey, many thanks to MEDDLE for calling me this morning and telling me that a local radio station was doing an artist spotlight on none other than the MIGHTY CORNELL himself. :D Thanks girl. That was sweet and made my morning.

Everything said on this thread is damn true. This man is a gift from above and then some! :o Oooooh and him and ED together?!?! Yeah, the dream team to the max....best of BOTH worlds right there. Let's please not even talkabout Santa Barbara. Please. :eek: It's a miracle anyone survived all that! That DID happen right?! :eek: MAGIC! The voices that rule the world. Deep and high, they fit/compliment each other so perfectly. And come on....why did some people take a HUG/SMOKE break during Mikey's Reach Down solo!!?! Love it! Love their amazing voices together and god damn do I love that manly love. Ok...stoppin there. Really can't talk anymore about all that. What the?! :eek:

Meddledeal wrote:
    what is it w/all these guys that are over 40 and they STILL look HOT?! come on man!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though. I have NO idea. They are BLESSED is all I can say, and in return so are we. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Bump
    Coz he deserves it :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I just listened to Outshined and OMG................... I just loooooooooove when he sreams "NOW I KNOW WHY YOUVE BEEN TAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Its soooo good, I mean my god it's good. His voice is just so raw.

Chris Cornel is awesome!

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    Sending some love!!
    Happy Birthday, CC!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ayight i must say that
    i was drooling when i seen
    him during the cuba show today.....
    that tan......WOW! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ayight i must say that
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D
  • JonBonhamJonBonham Posts: 11
    who better than mister jb to run up int his forum and give a happy birthday to the man who has opened up my heart and soul to everything he can with his words. I am sergeant, reverend audioslave, and chris thank you so much for so many things you have done for me personally and spiritually! i am forever endebted to you. happy birthday bro and keep on rocking! cuz that's how we roll!!!
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    ayight i must say that

Wait today??? Where?? when??? How can I get my hands on a copy??
  • orgirlorgirl Posts: 35
    Great thread! I can't even put my feelings about CC into words but you did a great job. I am melting after those pictures. He has an out of this world voice among other things. Right now one of my favorite songs is Heavens Dead on Out of Exile. I play it over and over. Thanks, love ya!
  • angelfire317angelfire317 Posts: 224
    my favorite cornell song at the moment

I walk the streets of Japan till I get lost
    Cause it doesn’t remind me of anything
    With a graveyard tan carrying a cross
    I like studying faces in a parking lot
    I like driving backwards in the fog

The things that I’ve loved the things that I’ve lost
    The things I’ve held sacred that I’ve dropped
    I won’t lie no more you can bet
    I don’t want to learn what I’ll need to forget

I like gypsy moths and radio talk
    I like gospel music and canned applause
    I like colorful clothing in the sun
    I ilke hammering nails and speaking in tongues

Bend and shape me
    I love the way you are
    Slow and sweetly
    Like never before
    Calm and sleeping
    We won’t stir up the past
    So descretely
    We won’t look back

I like throwing my voice and breaking guitars
    I like playing in the sand what’s mine is ours
    If it doesn’t remind me of anything
    "I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks."
  • ok this is fallen down WAY too far. Senrock chica....where did u see this Cuba stuff??

I saw Great Expectations for the first time last night, and my #1 fave CC song is in that movie. Sunshower!!!

If you haven't heard it....LISTEN TO IT! Gives me serious chills. Sadly when my HD went kablewee a while back, one of the things I lost was my copies of that song :(

If anyone has it and can send it to me I would be REALLY REALLY greatful! I LOVE that song!
  • angelfire317angelfire317 Posts: 224
    cornell song of the day

I woke the same as any other day
    Except a voice was in my head
    It said seize the day, pull the trigger
    Drop the blade, and watch the rolling heads

The day I tried to live
    I stole a thousand beggar's change
    And gave it to the rich

The day I tried to win
    I dangled from the power lines
    And let the martyrs stretch
    Singing

One more time around might do it
    One more time around might make it
    One more time around might do it
    One more time around
    The day I tried to live

Words you say never seem
    To live up to the ones inside your head
    The lives we make never seem
    To ever get us anywhere but dead

The day I tried to live
    I wallowed in the blood and mud with
    All the other pigs

I woke the same as any other day you know
    I should have stayed in bed

The day I tried to win
    I wallowed in the blood and mud with
    All the other pigs

And I learned that I was a liar
    Just like you
    "I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks."
  • soundgrungersoundgrunger Posts: 218
    ok this is fallen down WAY too far. Senrock chica....where did u see this Cuba stuff??

I saw Great Expectations for the first time last night, and my #1 fave CC song is in that movie. Sunshower!!!

If you haven't heard it....LISTEN TO IT! Gives me serious chills. Sadly when my HD went kablewee a while back, one of the things I lost was my copies of that song :(

If anyone has it and can send it to me I would be REALLY REALLY greatful! I LOVE that song!
    that is SUCH a beautiful song!!! YOU MUST HAVE IT! :D so i'm gonna send it to you if you didn't already get it (aim-soundgrunger10 or msn-soundgrunger@hotmail.com)