White Stripes New Tour, possible Idea for PJ

2»

Comments

• Red Lukin wrote:
    Anyone have any idea if the White Stripes will likely have GA for an arena show (as in hockey arena), or will it be like PJ with no GA and all seats?

I believe they usually have GA shows, and from what I've seen on various videos of live performances, the floor is as rocking spot to be.

I'm hittin up the New Brunswick show, it's gonna be so ridiculously badass. Everyone should check out their Under Blackpool Lights DVD, it's fucking incredible.
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 859
    Yes, according to the expecting website, they played Morgantown back in April of 02.

:eek:

How the hell did I miss that? At 123 Pleasant Street!!?!?

anyhow, if you haven't heard it yet...

http://cache.idolator.com/assets/resources/mp3/thump.mp3
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I believe they usually have GA shows, and from what I've seen on various videos of live performances, the floor is as rocking spot to be.

I'm hittin up the New Brunswick show, it's gonna be so ridiculously badass. Everyone should check out their Under Blackpool Lights DVD, it's fucking incredible.

GA would be awesome...crossing my fingers for good tickets

I got a couple other questions. How much are their tickets generally? Are they somewhat reansonable like PJ, or a bit more/less?

And it is worth it to catch them 2 shows in a row? I've never seen them, but I'm thinking of seeing them in Toronto on a Thursday, then London on a Saturday night (I haven't seen a bad show in London yet).
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I got a couple other questions. How much are their tickets generally? Are they somewhat reansonable like PJ, or a bit more/less?

tell you what man and i'm not groaning or a-moaning... but PJ lost their "reasonable tag" ages ago...

$181 dollars paid for 2 tickets to Wembley, London gig... thats $90 a ticket!!!

you'll see 2 and a half White Stripes shows for that!!!!

EDIT: here's pre-sale info for those that need it Presale tickets for the upcoming North American tour will be available by visiting the presale link of the “shows” section of http://www.whitestripes.com beginning April 30th at 10 am local venue time.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    dunkman wrote:
    tell you what man and i'm not groaning or a-moaning... but PJ lost their "reasonable tag" ages ago...

you'll see 2 and a half White Stripes shows for that!!!!

EDIT: here's pre-sale info for those that need it Presale tickets for the upcoming North American tour will be available by visiting the presale link of the “shows” section of http://www.whitestripes.com beginning April 30th at 10 am local venue time.

Hey thanks for the WS pre-sale info. I already knew about it, but don't want to advertise too much, cause recently I've been getting shafted badly when getting tickets.

I'm not so sure why PJ charges so much for shows overseas. I realize travel costs may be a lot but still. All I know if we paid like $60 over here the last little while and I can't complain, since they usually put on a 150 min show and have decent openers.
  • reblfanreblfan Posts: 90
    Wow, I can't believe they are actually going to play in Mississippi. I looked it up and they will be in Southhaven,which is less than an hour away from me. Can't wait!
    "Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."
  • No Arizona dates??? :( So much for catching a glimpse of their genious...
    Just support Obama, damn it.
    No Arizona dates??? :( So much for catching a glimpse of their genious...

they invented something called "transport" back in the day :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Well, I'm a friggin high schooler making my own gas money. God only knows how I'm gonna drive to the closest venue!! (up in portland).

Might as well listen to the whole De Stijl album on my Ipod again...
    Just support Obama, damn it.
    Well, I'm a friggin high schooler making my own gas money. God only knows how I'm gonna drive to the closest venue!! (up in portland).

Might as well listen to the whole De Stijl album on my Ipod again...

fair point dude... well good luck trying to see them :)
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    dunkman wrote:

you'll see 2 and a half White Stripes shows for that!
    [/b]

That's a bit unfair, most major artists here charge like $300-$350 for any decent seat, with prices decreasing as the required binocular size goes up, to minimum of $100 or so for the bellfry. PJ at least charges a flat rate all the way no matter where you sit.
    Music is not a competetion.
    That's a bit unfair, most major artists here charge like $300-$350 for any decent seat, with prices decreasing as the required binocular size goes up, to minimum of $100 or so for the bellfry. PJ at least charges a flat rate all the way no matter where you sit.

it would be unfair if i lived in Oz... PJ tickets for Wembley were more expensive than recent Aussie shows

i've seen 20 or 30 bands live and PJ have been the most expensive... i'm counting Muse, KOL, Radiohead, Coldplay, etc etc... christ even Paul McCartney was cheaper!!!

$90 (US) for a ticket is the most i've paid..

as i said... not moaning about it.. i would happily pay it... but its not "reasonable" as the other poster suggested.. thats all :)