White Stripes New Tour, possible Idea for PJ

Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
edited April 2007 in Other Music
From an email from the White Stripes yesterday:
In fact, The White Stripes have yet to confirm their North American routing as of yet. But we are happy to say that it will include all 10 provinces and 3 territories of Canada, as well as the remaining 16 states of the United States the band have yet to play. A few major markets that have been journeyed to in the past will be also be included.

The North American tour will start in the state of Tennessee.

I'm assuming that's going to be Bonarooo. I gotta now see where they haven't played to make up those 16 states. But this got me thinking, wouldn't a tour like this be cool for PJ. I know others out there would think so because there's alway those threads on Alaska and other states they've not hit. Lucky Canada got most of those territories and Provinces checked off in '05, well not the remote ones.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    So from just based off of setlists from their website and the Expecting fansite I've found 17 of the potential 16 states. They are:
    Maine, Vermont, Conn., Delaware, Virginia, S. Carolina, Miss., Alabama, Iowa, Nebraska, S. Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska.

I find it hard that they've not played either Nashville or any city in Virginia, but those shows were canceled when Jack broke his hand in 03 and not rescheduled. And they've played New Hampshire twice somehow???
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    this is why i love White Stripes so much (edging closer to PJ each and every day) its a great idea and keeps fans interested and clear about where they are touring.. i dont like the stealth approach to touring that PJ management have adopted of late

whats that 'expecting' site dudesical?? brokenbricks is good for tabs and stuff and http://www.whitestripes.net has some free downloads and brilliant live footage!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    this is why i love White Stripes so much (edging closer to PJ each and every day) its a great idea and keeps fans interested and clear about where they are touring.. i dont like the stealth approach to touring that PJ management have adopted of late

whats that 'expecting' site dudesical?? brokenbricks is good for tabs and stuff and http://www.whitestripes.net has some free downloads and brilliant live footage!!!

I think what i like most about the Stripes is their incredible energy and passion they have for making music. Seriously, banging a record out in a week!? And good records at that. It's not just that, Jack is in on so many different projects i.e. loretta's record, the raconteurs and so much other stuff. This band amazes me so much
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I think what i like most about the Stripes is their incredible energy and passion they have for making music. Seriously, banging a record out in a week!? And good records at that. It's not just that, Jack is in on so many different projects i.e. loretta's record, the raconteurs and so much other stuff. This band amazes me so much

i loved the blurb from the latest news update on their site about how the new record took 3 weeks to record (their longest yet!!!) and i'm thinking.... it took Ed Ved 3 weeks to just remember the words to Soon Forget :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    i loved the blurb from the latest news update on their site about how the new record took 3 weeks to record (their longest yet!!!) and i'm thinking.... it took Ed Ved 3 weeks to just remember the words to Soon Forget :)

Lol. I know. I don't know much about the recording process but i do know that 1-3 weeks is an incredibly short amount of time to make a quality record. Haha, its really gotta make Axl feel like shit :D
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

• great find, i saw this last night over at the roo boards and thought of mentioning it... it took their management all of a few days to clear the air about false dates/touring intentions... definitely an idea for the pj camp ;)
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    So from just based off of setlists from their website and the Expecting fansite I've found 17 of the potential 16 states. They are:
    Maine, Vermont, Conn., Delaware, Virginia, S. Carolina, Miss., Alabama, Iowa, Nebraska, S. Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska.
    Please come to South Carolina....I would definitely be in attendance if they came.
    dunkman wrote:

http://www.all.at/expecting is the site. It doesn't look like it's been updated with the frequency of .net, but it does have a good setlist and concert history database. whitestripes.net is far better for news and thier downloads.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    When is Icky Thump coming out?
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    When is Icky Thump coming out?

June, allegedly, no firm date yet.
    Icky Thump has a tracklisting now accoding to Pitchfork http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/41892-white-stripes-reveal-iicky-thumpi-tracklist

01 Icky Thump
    02 You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do as You're Told)
    03 300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues
    04 Conquest
    05 Bone Broke
    06 Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn
    07 St. Andrew (This Battle Is in the Air)
    08 Little Cream Soda
    09 Rag and Bone
    10 I'm Slowly Turning Into You
    11 A Martyr for My Love for You
    12 Catch Hell Blues
    13 Effect and Cause
  • I can't wait for this album. I hope I get a chance to see them live soon.
    Icky Thump has a tracklisting now accoding to Pitchfork http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/41892-white-stripes-reveal-iicky-thumpi-tracklist

01 Icky Thump
    02 You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do as You're Told)
    03 300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues
    04 Conquest
    05 Bone Broke
    06 Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn
    07 St. Andrew (This Battle Is in the Air)
    08 Little Cream Soda
    09 Rag and Bone
    10 I'm Slowly Turning Into You
    11 A Martyr for My Love for You
    12 Catch Hell Blues
    13 Effect and Cause

Conquest sounds like an awesome song. Gimme now. I need new White Stripes. *shivers*
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Conquest sounds like an awesome song. Gimme now. I need new White Stripes. *shivers*

...yeah cause the routine didn't get old after the third album, but at least it will mean an abscence of new racounteurs songs
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • have they actually played in west virginia before?
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    ...yeah cause the routine didn't get old after the third album, but at least it will mean an abscence of new racounteurs songs

Actually...no, it hasn't.

"She fell funny"

What "routine" is he talking about?
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    white stripes live on prince edward island

wow i hope that happens
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
    have they actually played in west virginia before?

Yes, according to the expecting website, they played Morgantown back in April of 02.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    you obviously dont know shit about the band
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Please come to South Carolina....I would definitely be in attendance if they came.

Makes 2 of us... I would imagin Charleston as their concert destination...96 wave is ALWAYS playing the stripes...maybe at a Wavefest?
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,743
    If they play Iowa, Im going. Don't think I could wait for a possibility of a Minneapolis gig.
  • If they play Iowa, Im going. Don't think I could wait for a possibility of a Minneapolis gig.
    my thoughts as well. i suppose a SD gig would potentially work too.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    so your tellin me its possible by the sounds of that email that the white stripes are coming to newfoundland.....goddamn i hope that happens.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
    Grr... I've been trolling the net for Stripey leaks. None yet. Grr...
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    Grr... I've been trolling the net for Stripey leaks. None yet. Grr...

uhhh, its a little early for that.

the new single is out and its awesome.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • vedhead23vedhead23 Posts: 18
    uhhh, its a little early for that.

the new single is out and its awesome.

i can't find it anywhere... where is it?
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Their tour schedule is up now

http://www.whitestripes.com/tour/tour.html
    From the above link:

Sun 06/24/07 Burnaby, BC Deer Lake Park
    Mon 06/25/07 Whitehorse, YT Yukon Arts Centre
    Tue 06/26/07 Yellowknife, NW Yellowknife Multiplex
    Wed 06/27/07 Iqaluit, NUN Arctic Winter Games Arena
    Fri 06/29/07 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome
    Sat 06/30/07 Edmonton, AB Shaw Conference Centre
    Sun 07/01/07 Saskatoon, SK TCU Place
    Mon 07/02/07 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
    Tue 07/03/07 Thunder Bay, ON Thunder Bay Community Auditorium
    Thu 07/05/07 Toronto, ON The Molson Amphitheatre
    Fri 07/06/07 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
    Sat 07/07/07 London, ON The John Labatt Centre
    Sun 07/08/07 Ottawa, ON Cisco Systems Ottawa Bluesfest
    Tue 07/10/07 Moncton, NB Moncton Coliseum
    Wed 07/11/07 Charlottetown, PE Charlottetown Civic Centre
    Fri 07/13/07 Halifax, NS Cunard Event Centre
    Sat 07/14/07 Glace Bay, NS Savoy Theatre
    Mon 07/16/07 Saint John's, NF Mile One Centre
    Sun 07/22/07 Portland, ME Cumberland Co. Civic Center
    Mon 07/23/07 Boston, MA Agganis Arena
    Tue 07/24/07 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena
    Wed 07/25/07 Wallingford, CT Chevrolet Theatre
    Fri 07/27/07 Wilmington, DE Grand Opera House
    Sat 07/28/07 Fairfax, VA Patriot Center
    Sun 07/29/07 North Myrtle Beach, SC House Of Blues
    Mon 07/30/07 Birmingham, AL Sloss Furnace
    Tue 07/31/07 Southaven, MS Snowden Grove Park
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Anyone have any idea if the White Stripes will likely have GA for an arena show (as in hockey arena), or will it be like PJ with no GA and all seats?