Carry On In Stores Tomorrow!!!

yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Be sure and show your support for Chris Cornell's new album featuring the songs Arms Around Your Love and She'll never be your man!
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/yahamita/CC-4.jpg
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
info@wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Chris Cornells got a solo album out? Shit, they kept that quiet. I haven't heard anyone mention it :S
  • this cd is terrible........
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    i got it today

with the bonus tracks ;)

and its alright.. not good.. no where near as good as euphoria morning
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    this cd is terrible........

It's terrible we have to wait one more day. :D
  • I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    There is too much filler on this...
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Damn, I keep hearing it's a bit "poppy" but terrible?? That doesn't sit well with me....

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I just listened to it, and here's my review.

Easily not worth the thousands of threads devoted to it on this board. I was very...VERY unimpressed.
    I just listened to it, and here's my review.

Easily not worth the thousands of threads devoted to it on this board. I was very...VERY unimpressed.
    May I ask, how is everyone listening to this album when it's not even in stores yet? Did I miss something?

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    yahamita wrote:
    May I ask, how is everyone listening to this album when it's not even in stores yet? Did I miss something?

The album is already out on Europe and Australia. It also leaked weeks ago.
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • I actually canceled my pre-order a couple days ago. The more I kept thinking about it, the more I realized that the only reason I was getting the album was because it was Chris Cornell and not because I thought it was a good album. Definitely my biggest disappointment of the year. And the album cut of Billie Jean absolutely blows.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Just got my autographed copy today! Pretty good so far.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The album is already out on Europe and Australia. It also leaked weeks ago.
    its also up on his myspace page to
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    I've had it for a week (I live in Europe), and I think it's great. Particularly Safe and Sound, Arms Around Your Love and Scar On The Sky. :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • bambi girlbambi girl Posts: 406
    CornishMan wrote:
    I've had it for a week (I live in Europe), and I think it's great. Particularly Safe and Sound, Arms Around Your Love and Scar On The Sky. :)

Me too, and those are probably three of my favourites so far too.
    It's all good! i loved all songs on first listen....i still can't get over how good his voice is sounding again-i find it very exciting.

To those of you hearing it tomorrow, ENJOY! i love that first listen of a CD.
  • just for the song "YOUR SOUL TODAY" it is easily worth the cost of a freakin CD people!

my god...once anyone mentions Chris Cornell on the pit (even here where he belongs in "other music") all of the haters come out.

relax people...if you dont like it then fine but some of the comments are just "i hate chris" comments...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    Let me run over to myspace and see what I can find/hear...

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    ok also he released every song on his myspace for listen not download. i was going to wait until it came out but once i opened his myspace to check dates some days ago and i saw it RIGHT THERE temptation took over. now, yes its more mellow then most of his stuff and sometimes poppier. but hell its fuckin chris cornell and truth is he's just a more diverse musician now a days. its a very matured album and i think it's fantastic. now i'm a guy who prefers soungarden to anything...but with that said i belive that 'superunknown', 'down on the upside', and 'euphoria morning' are the best albums he was ever featured on. audioslave and temple are AMAZING as well don't get me wrong. but anyways, euphoria for me was extremely hard for him to back up. that was just brilliance on a disc..his voice was out of this world better than ever, the weird, funky, phsychedelic, kinda dreamy sounding music really captured my attention. listening to it on dark rainy nights or on late drives on the highway was amazing. WITH THAT SAID .. carry on is fucking kilerrrr. not as good in my mind but damn it's great. reason being is that he's in such a different place in his life right now. he's happy and not so self destructive. it shows in the music. here's a little review of the songs and album :

1. - No Such Thing - What a great choice of a single, video, and album starter. fuckin catchy-ass riff with great melody. the bridge in this song is amazing..in that falsetto - ish voice..and when it leads into the "you fill the whooooooooooooooooooole" scream i just go nuts. great vocal delivery by chris.

2. - Poison Eye - Such a cool song, one of my favorites. catchy guitar and love how he sings the vocals. "i have the radar i can see sooooo far" - that is sung so sweet .. the whole song actually.. interestingly cool chorus with some funky guitar sounds. good stuff [correction] great stuff. audioslave sounding

3. - Arms Around Your Love - Very poppy i must admit. =[ the chorus is totaly radio-friendly poppiness and so is the video. HOWEVER it is still chris cornell and i actually really dig it. inot for you stuck up people who ONLY love heavy soundgarden and some audioslave. but hey, i think it's good.

4. - Safe And Sound - Very bluesy. great intro guitar. this song oozes with class. the chorus is great and sounds like a fucking church choir chant. but hey, its different for chris and i love it. thats the thing about this album..instead of being like ehh not really chris..look at it as this is chris being creative and trying all different styles and types of music.

5. - She'll Never Be Your Man - One of my favorites right from the begining. i don't know why. i just love it. plai nand simple. the chorus kills. great to groove out to. interesting lyrics too.

6. - Ghosts - LOVE THE GUITAR! great folky-echoey-'euphoria morning-ish' sounding ;]. Love the lyrics and how it's sung. If you loved euphoria morning, you should really dig this. awesome. one of the favorites.

7. - Killing Birds - Now here's some weird phsychodelica. i instantly loved it, because for some reason of love those kinds of weird odd sounding songs with weird lyrics. thats just me. for most, this will take some repeated listens. Almost would have fit on euphoria morning as well. not sure what it's about but i love it for its originality.

8. - Billie Jean - yep, the one that everyone looks at and says WHAT THE FUCK!?? but boy your in for a big surprise! in an interview chris said he always just loved the lyrics and he felt the song was ruined from the poppy dancey-ness of it. he felt it didn't fit the song so he wanted to experiment on his own. well let me tell you it is brilliant and one of the bets on the album! starts off slow and accoustic but the chorus slam in pretty heavy and he really lets out some hgih quality screams. his vocals are in full form here. the last few choruses are honestly amazing. SOOOOO different from the original. just forget it was ever by michael jackson. its great!

9. - Scar On The Sky - Great ballad with hints of euphoria morning phychedelica. this song, in my mind, sounds like a combination of "preaching the end of the world" from euphoria and "the curse" by audioslave. the choruses resemble "the curse" and other elements resemble "preaching..." really good tune.

10. - Your Soul Today - by far the catchiest riff on the album! awesome feeling to it. very uplifting in my mind. just all around a great positive rocker with great vocals and an awesome sing - a - long chorus. most people will instantly love this one. look foward to it.

11. - Finally Forever - So chris does some country here. interesting. really good lyrics. it is kind of slow and not too exciting. a little bit lacking and unemotional. however it is a quality song. probobly the weakest here in my mind though.

12. - Silence The Voices - So here it is folks. my FAVORITE song on the entire album. this bleeds with emotion and brilliance. it's totally an anti-war type of song. listening to the build up and highly emotional choruses, i just think oif a video flashing pictures of war and 911 and just familys and soldiers waving to their loved ones. i get chills. major chills. i cannot liten to this without thinking of the soldiers out in war. really cool guitar elements in this song too. i just think it's amazing. the chorus will wrench your heart out. brilliant. should have been the closing song on the album.

13. - Dissapearing Act - kind of interesting tune. sweet and soft sounding. soothing..i like it. not GREAT, but its definitely good and listenable.

14. - You Know My Name - Everyone knows this one. seriously. being the james bond theme and all. it is great though. really cool, catchy rocker we got here. the chorus is great. most people already know/love it. so not much explaining to do. i don't get why it is the closer though.

overall this album is fantastic..but when has chris ever not been? it is not euphoria morning, but its up there. still brilliant. you should love it. i pre=ordered the one that comes with the autographed booklet and i can't wait until it comes in.

- now what is this i saw about bonus tracks? what are they and am i getting them on my autographed pre-ordered album?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    i have the cd ;)

bonus tracks

Today and Roads we choose
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i have the cd ;)

bonus tracks

Today and Roads we choose

=0 do these come on the cd that i pre-ordered?????????????
  • Dr. JDr. J Posts: 75
    =0 do these come on the cd that i pre-ordered?????????????

The U.S. release does not contain the bonus tracks. They'll show up eventually.
  • i got my autographed pre-order today. :D

scar on the sky is my favorite song on the album. silence the voices and disappearing act are amazing. safe and sound is a great song, but i have a feeling that the radio stations will play it into the ground if they ever find out about it. then again, i'm usually wrong about these things.

there are certain songs that i feel lack the complexity of euphoria morning. but overall, i'm very happy with the new album.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    12. - Silence The Voices - So here it is folks. my FAVORITE song on the entire album. this bleeds with emotion and brilliance. it's totally an anti-war type of song. listening to the build up and highly emotional choruses, i just think oif a video flashing pictures of war and 911 and just familys and soldiers waving to their loved ones. i get chills. major chills. i cannot liten to this without thinking of the soldiers out in war. really cool guitar elements in this song too. i just think it's amazing. the chorus will wrench your heart out. brilliant. should have been the closing song on the album.

Yes sir. It's a great song. Sadly it's the only song that I really enjoy on an otherwise bland album. Everybody should check this song out. Great imagery and atmosphere, and great lyrics and emotion.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    Ghosts
    Scar On The Sky
    Your Soul Today

My favorite three off the new album. Overall the whole album is great. :D

Also like alot Silence The Voices.
    I WANT THOSE BONUS TRACKS!! anyone willing to send them?
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Cornell rules. This album kicks ass, all Cornell fans go out and buy it.
    Today Is The Day, People! Spend Your Cash On Chris Today

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    yahamita wrote:
    Today Is The Day, People! Spend Your Cash On Chris Today

I'm off today from work and I'm going to buy my copy. :D
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    A friend sent it to me over a week ago, but I'm religious about waiting for the album to drop before I listen to it. Pretty excited to pick it up. Chris Cornell is the man. :)
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Got it like 2 hours ago. On my second listen now. And I am liking it. I love " Arms around your love ". Way to go Chris, another solid album in my opinion.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I WANT THOSE BONUS TRACKS!! anyone willing to send them?

Today
    http://download.yousendit.com/AAD1C0DD7E488166

Roads We Choose
    http://download.yousendit.com/B916A6FA2CFA4B28
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky