Synergy Music Club (SMC) Round 5

2»

Comments

• psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    kdpjam wrote:
    who's up next?

i'm next...
    expect my selection in a couple of hours...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    ok :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Ok, just throwing a bump on this b/c things have been pretty slow of late. It may just be the mid to late round lull however those that are participating, are you still interested in continuing this sucker?

Of those remaining:

Ledvedderman
    NakedClown
    Pearl Jam and toast
    brhf9
    deadmosquito

are either of you interested in putting a pick up? If so, and I hope you are, let me know and I will try to get this thing back on track. This is also the time to offer up any suggestions on how better to operate this thing.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    just a thought......

if we're going to do mixes, I think we should do a whole round of mixes. Otherwise, let's leave the mixes out and do just albums.

Another thought.......

What if we picked a decade that we had to stick with for the whole round? I think this would be a great way to share some really great, older music.

Is anyone into doing this?
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
    alobar wrote:
    What if we picked a decade that we had to stick with for the whole round? I think this would be a great way to share some really great, older music.
    keep this thought when the next round kicks in. I would love to do something like this. I think it would be fun if we even picked ONE year.

I have also thought about doing a round by genre, I mean pick one you don't know jack about and study up. Black Metal, Hip-Hop, Classical, you name it.

How about a World music round? Just thinking out loud.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Am I too late to join in?
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    rocking that this is still going

my faves in the past have been architecture in helsinki and andrew bird.

those albums really blew me away.

id put myself in again but i cant since i dont have my entire music collection with me, and my schedule is so random whilst im travelling.

but when im back home in oz, whenever that may be ill be back up for it :)
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Am I too late to join in?
    sorta. we are pretty close to the end of this round. Round 6 should be starting up within the next couple weeks. A new thread will be started and then by all means join up. always nice to have some new blood.

If you would like to listen to the few remaining selections from this round shoot me a PM and I can give you further details.

swede, we'll be lookin' for ya down the road.
  • transplant wrote:
    Ok, just throwing a bump on this b/c things have been pretty slow of late. It may just be the mid to late round lull however those that are participating, are you still interested in continuing this sucker?

Of those remaining:

Ledvedderman
    NakedClown
    Pearl Jam and toast
    brhf9
    deadmosquito

are either of you interested in putting a pick up? If so, and I hope you are, let me know and I will try to get this thing back on track. This is also the time to offer up any suggestions on how better to operate this thing.

i'm definitely still interested in putting a pick up. i haven't been able to do much in the way of participating in the last few weeks because of school and a bunch of stuff going on, but i'll put a pick up, just let me know when.
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I think it would good idea to pick a year or decade and choose albums. The drawback with sticking to a genre over a whole round will be that not everyone can suggest classical music for example and I think some might lose interest if they don't dig that genre. I like how different genres pop up here just with the variety of tastes on offer. And maybe, we can have members throw in mixes when there is a down time happening...that usually exposes us to different genres and styles.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    viggs20 wrote:
    I think it would good idea to pick a year or decade and choose albums. The drawback with sticking to a genre over a whole round will be that not everyone can suggest classical music for example and I think some might lose interest if they don't dig that genre. I like how different genres pop up here just with the variety of tastes on offer. And maybe, we can have members throw in mixes when there is a down time happening...that usually exposes us to different genres and styles.

exactly. its not like there is alot of participation lately..
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Well, i'm really sorry i didn't participate enough, but despite the fact that i like to listen to as many music as i can, i don't really have the skills to go much deeper in talking about it. I simply go for the 'i like/don't like' approach.

But i enjoyed some of the artists you guys posted (Kate Bush, Selig, some songs from the Mix Collections...).

And i'm still interested in posting a pick. I'm just waiting in line...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Just let me know when round 6 gets underway.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    brhf9 wrote:
    And i'm still interested in posting a pick. I'm just waiting in line...
    I pm'd ya. It looks like you are up.
  • Yeah, bring on round 6, I've got some goodies.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • I'll try it. Sounds like fun. Put me in for round 6
    NERDS!
    cool, all that are waiting for round 6, another thread will be posted similar to this one in a couple weeks, got 2 people left in this round.

please post in that one if you are still interested.