SMC: Synergy Music Club Round 6

2»

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I'd like to join. What should I do to sign up? I may not be able to contribute music, but I'd love to review.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    transplant wrote:
    I figured you would be up for it.

Ok, here is the list and the order.

Echoes
    viggs20
    Alobar
    burnin-candle
    kdpjam
    transplant
    AndySlash
    StoneG82
    brhf9
    deadmosquito
    South of Seattle
    PJGARDEN
    reeferchief

Ok, as far as theme, I am putting out 3. pick one.

1. Bands that start with 'The.....'
    2. Band that starts with an N
    3. the '80s (pick a CD from this decade)

Let's wrap this up pretty quickly.

My vote is for the 80's.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I'd like to join. What should I do to sign up? I may not be able to contribute music, but I'd love to review.
    You just have to say you would like to join :) However please understand that half of this SMC is contributing music. Is there a specific reason you would not be able to contribute? I will put you on the list. You will have some time to work on the contribution part ;)

If you have any questions or problems or need help in some way getting your music out there for others when your time comes, just say the word. There are plenty of folks here that will help. I will PM you the info.
    transplant wrote:
    You just have to say you would like to join :) However please understand that half of this SMC is contributing music. Is there a specific reason you would not be able to contribute? I will put you on the list. You will have some time to work on the contribution part ;)

If you have any questions or problems or need help in some way getting your music out there for others when your time comes, just say the word. There are plenty of folks here that will help. I will PM you the info.
    It's just I don't know how to. So, is it I would go to youtube, and try to download a video of music that corresponds to the theme we are discussing? Or rather, should I download something on my itunes, and then some how get it to gmail or something? We'll see, eh?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    It's just I don't know how to. So, is it I would go to youtube, and try to download a video of music that corresponds to the theme we are discussing? Or rather, should I download something on my itunes, and then some how get it to gmail or something? We'll see, eh?
    It would be more the downloading from iTunes variety. however you will need to somehow get past the DRM thing (burn the iTunes songs onto CD and re-rip into mp3's) etc... Regardless, if that is your only concern, then don't worry. We'll get you on the right track.

So...what is your pick out of the 3 options?
    transplant wrote:
    It would be more the downloading from iTunes variety. however you will need to somehow get past the DRM thing (burn the iTunes songs onto CD and re-rip into mp3's) etc... Regardless, if that is your only concern, then don't worry. We'll get you on the right track.

So...what is your pick out of the 3 options?
    Definitely 80s :) I downloaded the coconutcrakersuite, and I don't know where it went . . . ai yai yai. One day this will be a smooth process, just not today ;)
    Yea! I found it. Is there certain criteria we are discussing? Flow of the entire album, individual songs etc? Whoever uploads the record, is that person going to add a little bio of the band or is that done already?

Am I asking too many questions :D I'm going to read previous SMC threads to see what you are looking for.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Talk about whatever you want to talk about in regards to the album choice. No limits. The uploader can choose to tell as much or as little about their selection as they wish. It's all up to you!

As for the theme, let's go with bands that start with N, just for the hell of it.

And can we stress once again that mp3s are the preferred format for uploading? I don't have iTunes, and I don't plan on using it in the near future. I don't like m4a files. If I'm the only one, I can live with it just fine, but my entire music collection is mp3, so if you want me keeping your uploads on my computer, mp3 is the way to go.
    AndySlash wrote:
    And can we stress once again that mp3s are the preferred format for uploading?
    also add that Zip is the prefered compression (instead of *.rar).

Ok, so far we have

#1. - (start with 'The') 1 person
    #2. - (start with 'n') 1 person
    #3. - (80's) 2 people

I am not voting unless I need to break a tie.
  • i vote for "starts with n"
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    My vote goes for "start with 'The'"
    Ok, I am breaking the 3 way tie. My scientific method came up with

Starts with 'N'. Should be interesting. I say if you are picking a singer/songwriter type, last name starting with N would work.

So there it is. Round closed, Echoes, you are up.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    I would have been happy with any of those three themes.....

bands/artists that start with 'N' will be interesting. Bring on round 6!
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    having problems here - I will have it up tomorrow after work for certain

sorry for the delay, guys
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Actually I'll do any of those topics, but starts with "n" sounds very challenging!

Echoes, glad you're putting up something after all!;)
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    have we established a posting order yet, transplant?

just wondering.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    StoneG82 wrote:
    have we established a posting order yet, transplant?

just wondering.
    yup.

Echoes
    viggs20
    Alobar
    burnin-candle
    kdpjam
    transplant
    AndySlash
    StoneG82
    brhf9
    deadmosquito
    South of Seattle
    PJGARDEN
    reeferchief
    Ms. Haiku
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    reeferchief is an awesome name.
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I know I'm up next but I'm still playing catch-up with a lot of the albums from last round and had problems downloading NES. Just bump me down the order for now and I'll let you guys know when I can contribute. So I guess alobar is next.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
    viggs20 wrote:
    I know I'm up next but I'm still playing catch-up with a lot of the albums from last round and had problems downloading NES. Just bump me down the order for now and I'll let you guys know when I can contribute. So I guess alobar is next.
    cool. just let me know.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Sorry but i was away for the last 2 rounds so i wonder if i am next.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute