Your Current Setup (Guitar)

Hurley3038Hurley3038 Posts: 35
edited September 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys i've been reading for a bit and just signed up cuz theres good stuff here. Just curious what all you guys are playing.

For me: Fender Blues Jr->DD3 Delay->TS9DX->Cry Baby Wah->John Mayer Strat
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Well...a picture is worth a thousand words...

(Get ready with that comic, PJ_Gurl)

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t263/xtremehardy388/2008%20gear/
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Fender HSS Strat (mex), BD-2, DS-1, 535Q Wah, and my Fender Frontman 25R amp. I'm using headphones a lot lately due to my living situation.

I want a MXR Phase 90, DD-3, and maybe a ML-2 or MT-2 for X-mas.

I almost bought a used Mex Strat Standard w/Rosewood fretboard for 300$ off of craigslist, but chickened out.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Hurley3038 wrote:
    Hey guys i've been reading for a bit and just signed up cuz theres good stuff here. Just curious what all you guys are playing.

For me: Fender Blues Jr->DD3 Delay->TS9DX->Cry Baby Wah->John Mayer Strat

How do you like your DD3?
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Ibanez GAX30 (cheap guitar I know but I'm working on another one) > Boss TU-2 Tuner > Boss FZ-5 Fuzz > Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive > Boss TR-2 Tremolo > MXR Custom Script Shop Phase 90 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Limited Edition.

Guitar kinda lets me down but I've got a sentimental attachment to it and it feels good to play. I might replace the pickups to improve its tone and since im a bit short on cash at the mo.
  • I don't have much experience with delays. I got cheap and heard it was decent. I love it though, it really makes my cleans nice (think ledbetter) and adds some niceness to the overdrive. I'd recommend it for sure.
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Gibson Les Paul Studio>TU 2 Tuner>BD 2 Blues Driver>TS 9 Tube Screamer infront of my amp (50 watt Traynor tube) through my effects loop I run Phase 90>CE 5 Chorus> Boss DD 3 Delay>Boss RC 20 XL.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I have a lot of gear . . .
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • Fender MIM Lake Placid Blue Strat with rosewood fretboard

EB jr. volume pedal -> Fulltone OCD -> DS-1 -> MXR Micro Amp -> MXR Chorus -> Boss DD-20 -> RC-20XL -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Marshall TSL60

I also have a Traynor YCV40 and an Epiphone Valve Jr.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    Guitars:
    Gibson Les Paul standard
    Fender 1993 AM Strat

Pedals:
    Marshall foot switch
    Boss TU2 tuner
    Marshall Bluesbreaker II (set to boost)
    Boss TR-2 Tremolo (with C4 mod)
    Boss DD6 Delay

Amp:
    Marshall JCM800 4211 combo
  • Kinda sits over there in the corner.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • LP Studio/Fender Strat->Korg DT-10 Tuner->Dunlop 535Q->Phase 90-> Boss AC-2 Acoustic Sim->Mesa 50 Watt Rect-o-Verb

Effects Loop: Boss CH-1 Chorus->Boss DD-3 Delay
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Gutiar: Reverend Daredevel 290, Danelectro DC (90's reissue thing), Dearmond M-75T

Pedals: Fulltone OCD, Keeley Java Boost, Electro-Hamonix Germaniun OD, Boss BF-3, Boss TU-2, MXR M159 tremolo

Amps: Modded Valve Junior thru a Avatar 2x12 (Vintage 30 and G12H30), Modded Gretsch G5222, Carvin 212 Belair

Then there is the bass side of things.....
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Guitars
    Jap Squire to throw round the room
    Ephiphone Black Beauty
    '74 Fender Strat

Effects
    Guitar > Dunlop Crybaby> Boss OD1 > TS9 > Boss DD3> Amp
    Interchanged with Boss GT6 when i get bored.

Fender Pro Jr
    Marshall Valvestate (on the way out)
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Guitars - Fender 62 RI Strat; Les Paul Studio; Fender DG22CE All Maple.
    Seldom Used Mexi Strat Peavey USA predator... (strat) Fender Precision Bass

Amp: Orange AD 15/12 (vintage 30 for now)

Effects: Barber Direct Drive (original version); BJF Emerald Green Distortion Machine; Fox Rox Octron; Dunlop JHF1 Fuzz Face; Shannon Compressor; Shannon Uniphase; Morley Bad Horsie Wah; Line 6 DL4; Danelectro Hash Browns; Grumpy Cockatiel ABY box. (thanks Greg) I also use but not much anymore a Weber 15watt Mass attenuator.

Recording: Alesis Multimix 8 Boss BR-532 Zoom handheld. Sennheiser 835 switched.

That's it for right now I think.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • American Strat>Dynacomp>TS-9>CE-5>Rotovibe>Crybaby>DD-6>Traynor YCV 80Q.

Not a bad little rig.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • You should probably put your crybaby before everything else.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Novawind wrote:
    You should probably put your crybaby before everything else.
    I know I should, but the layout the way it is on the board works REALLY nicely (I know, stupid reason).
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • 62 reissue USA Strat(1994) - Keeley Mod Blues Driver - Fender 57 Twin Reissue

Taylor 414CE LTD(2001)
    Taylor 754 CE
    Crate Acoustic 125D
    Uhmm, yeah . . . I do have quite a bit of gear (23-guitars, 9-amps, a lot of pedals).
    I just can't seem to remember everything I have - I guess I should do an inventory again.
    Some of it is in my little music room, some is in the studio, & a lot of it is at my parents place.
    I'll just take a couple pictures of what's in my music room (maybe half) and post them later on.
  • Epiphone Sheraton 97 (with nice new p-90's and new wiring)-Morley power wah- Maxon OD9- DD9- Laney VC30 212 (in rehearsal room), Harley Benton GA5 5 watt tube (for bedroom practice) (back up guitars Squier tele Custom with duncan design p90 and a Tanglewood t-20 elecro-acoustic)

simple but effective

has anyone else got a harley benton ga5?, i was gonna buy a epi valve jr but i saw these for £10 cheaper and you get an eq dial not to mention is pretty darn sexy lookin!...i'm really happy with it and could probably hold its own in our band...who knows!?

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • I'm in a transition period so, here is my current rig.

'08 Strat->Dyncomp->Black Muff->Blues Driver->Dunlop Uni-Vibe->DD-20->Vibro Champ XD.

I keep a DS-1, American Muff, DD-3, and Electric Mistress on the sidelines. Hopefully I'll get around to putting them on the 'bay.

I hope to one day have this setup:

'59 Wildwood Strat->Fasel Wah->Dynacomp->BYOC Ram's Head->MXR Wylde OD->Keeley Blues Driver->Dunlop Uni-Vibe->Modtone Aqua Chorus->Delay->Blues Junior (for practice)/'59 Bassman with Marshall 1936 for gigs.

or

R9 Les Paul/Hot Rod Telecaster->Vox AC30CC
  • Guitars:
    Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany(Studio)
    Fender Mexi Telecaster
    '73 Guild Hollowbody
    '78 Fender Jazz Bass

Pedals:
    Boss ME-50
    Crybaby Wah

Amps:
    '80s Fender Bass Amp
    25r Fender Frontman (Practice Amp)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • guitars - Les Paul Standard (60's neck), Fender Strat

amp - Fender Deluxe 112

effects - MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez Tubescreamer > BOSS Chorus > Ernie Ball Jr volume pedal
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Epiphone Les Paul Ultra into a Vox AD30VT. Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    fender supersonic 112~212 supersonic cab~visual sound h20~ibanez ts9~boss blusedrive~dunlop crybaby 535q~dunlop rotovibe~either strat, tele, or les paul
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    these days it's usually just my tele into a fender reverb into my tweed deluxe clone.
    I just got back from a session, so this is my click: PEDAL BOARD today.
    As most of you know it changes depending on the recording session . . .
    Here's a snapshot of my little click: MUSIC ROOM.
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    Awesome stuff. Are you running that rig into the Bassman? I'm assuming you're using pedals for distortion, how's that? Also, it's interesting to see a PH-3 on your board, I found the volume drop unbearable but for recording it's good I suppose. Finally, are you enjoying the Sonic Stomp?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Damn you really do have some beautiful gear Ian.
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Damn you really do have some beautiful gear Ian.
    Thanks - yeah, this is about half. My bigger amps are in the studio, as well as a couple guitars.
    All my other gear is stored at my parents place (which happens to be on the other coast of FL).
    Awesome stuff. Are you running that rig into the Bassman? I'm assuming you're using pedals for distortion, how's that? Also, it's interesting to see a PH-3 on your board, I found the volume drop unbearable but for recording it's good I suppose. Finally, are you enjoying the Sonic Stomp?
    I run my board into all my amps: Bassman, Deville, Classic-50, Mesa Mark-III, Bogner Shiva, and
    Marshall ('67-SuperLead & '66 JTM-45). I use the OD pedals on the clean side of amps that don't
    have the OD I'm looking for - Everything seems to work really well with all my amps.

Funny, the PH-3 has never given me any problems with volume drops (at all). It's always worked
    really great for me, but then I never drench anything in phaser - I use it as a subtle effect, very
    much like chorus. I did use a Maxon PT999 for a bit, but I really like the control that I have with
    the PH-3 more than any other easily obtainable phaser I've used so far (boutique stuff aside).

Sonic Stomp - Yeah I got that Sonic Stomp a couple years ago and it's been with me ever since.
    It's a real one trick pony, but works really well at what it does (which is tightening up the signal
    so that the Lows and Highs hit the amp simultaneously). I keep it on at all times - and the stomp
    switch is set up in such a way that once you turn it on you never have to turn it on again. Even
    if you unplug the board and then plug it back in, the pedal is still on (that's one stomp-switch I'll
    never wear out - I think I've stomped on it a whole 10-times since I've had it).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian