Options

Learning Guitar

123457»

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    oysterjar said:

I just found a website for a company called zZounds.com. By far the best prices online for guitars and super low pricing on blemished guitars. Anyone deal with them?

MANY times. Great site.

Also check out sweetwater.com

Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    BinFrog said:

oysterjar said:

I just found a website for a company called zZounds.com. By far the best prices online for guitars and super low pricing on blemished guitars. Anyone deal with them?

MANY times. Great site.

Thanks!

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    I just used sweetwater to buy a PA mixer for my first solo gig in May. They had it for $50 cheaper than any site, and it came with free shipping.
  • Options
    I just checked some prices and they seemed pretty consistent with zzounds. Shipping is obviously a bonus. I didn't see any blemished ones listed that zzounds lists for significantly less, do they ever do sales?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Occassionally
  • Options
    Thanks again!

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    BinFrog said:

I just used sweetwater to buy a PA mixer for my first solo gig in May. They had it for $50 cheaper than any site, and it came with free shipping.

Do you play the electric guitar as well? If so what do you play? I am really torn between a Fender and a Gibson. I have wanted a Les Paul forever but that brings up another question: should I spend the extra grand for a Gibson over a Epiphone?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    oysterjar said:

BinFrog said:

Do you play the electric guitar as well? If so what do you play? I am really torn between a Fender and a Gibson. I have wanted a Les Paul forever but that brings up another question: should I spend the extra grand for a Gibson over a Epiphone?
    I have a couple of S series Ibanez guitars. They're great, but at at some point I'll get something with a thicker tone for my needs.

The old Epiphone vs Gibson debate: try both out and see if you really feel/hear a difference. Then choose wisely :)

• Options
  • Options
    Ya I've viewed videos for hours on YouTube. I can tell some differences but at my level I don't really care. On the other hand if I get a Gibson I'd never need to buy another LP.

SUH-WEET jam room. Now I'm jealous. My favorite part is the original NES console. I think I still have mine.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    Its the "feel" of the Guitar that will help you make your decision. I ended up buying a Gibson studio after I tried out a bunch (8 or 10) Epiphones and Gibsons. I love it- and I've never regretted it. I tried a couple higher end Epiphones recently, again, because I was questioning myself......it reinforced my decision.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Here's a photo of it- its got a really nice flamed maple (carved, not veneer) top, but doesn't have all the fancy binding on the higher end Gibsons or Epiphones.
    Post edited by BHealy on
  • Options
    Okay, nevermind, I don't know how to post a photo!
  • Options
    Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    BinFrog said:

oysterjar said:

MANY times. Great site.

Sweetwater is awesome...best customer service from any online music company.

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • Options

BinFrog said:

oysterjar said:

MANY times. Great site.

Sweetwater is awesome...best customer service from any online music company.

Yeah, they've been great.

Also: I was in Guitar Center the other day and ended up getting a GREAT Deal on a couple of PA speakers/equipment. Maybe it's because they are having financial problems, or maybe having my 3 1/2 year old daughter with me was my ace in the hole...but I threw a number at the guy and he gave me the deal. Before taxes it was going to come to well over $1500, and I threw the number $1400 at him...which he made work AFTER taxes. $750 speakers (on sale for $600) ended up itemizing out to $560 a piece.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Im at the point of learning where I really need to make noise. Cant as we have a 1 year old and wife who doesnt want to hear it.

In the process of finishing my basement and soundproofing it.
  • Options
    I have a 1 year old and an almost 4 year old...I hear you. My jam room is un-jammable past like 8:00.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    thats the earliest I can start. It really blows.
  • Options
    Welcome to the world of quietly playing your acoustic ;)
  • Options
    zZounds.com is having a huge sale right now on Epiphone Electric guitars (other brands possible as well)

Wind this thing up.