fellow gibson fans

2»

Comments

• It could've been the biggest tone turd in the country... if you had that Burst today... you'd be close to half a million richer, if it was clean, unmolested and original. There as rare as panda bear these days...

For me... Love LP's... I have an all original '59 TV Model and an '07 R9 Lemonburst:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/solsurfr/59TV/DSC03538.jpg
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/solsurfr/R9/DSC03572.jpg

BTW... I grew up in Newark, DE... graduated UD in '97. Go Blue Hens! :)

Haha,,, well, if I had that Burst today, I would be a a half a mil poorer because I wouldn't have sold it! :D It was a little beat, and the Goldtop was in good shape.
    The Goldtop is in California.
    The Burst went to Texas and is resting comfortably with a famous fur covered guitar and about a hundred other pieces of guitar history. He did me right. I used the bucks to pay for my cancer treatments and sent most of the leftover to cancer research.
    One of my old friends has a just about perfect condition 59 burst that is primo sounding with singing PAF's. (youthinkyou'reold on this board.)
    I love opening that case and seeing that thing.

So where are you on the Eastern Shore? I live on the top of the hill in Wilmington and maybe I can see you from my roof! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    The Burst went to Texas and is resting comfortably with a famous fur covered guitar and about a hundred other pieces of guitar history. He did me right. I used the bucks to pay for my cancer treatments and sent most of the leftover to cancer research.
    One of my old friends has a just about perfect condition 59 burst that is primo sounding with singing PAF's. (youthinkyou'reold on this board.)

So where are you on the Eastern Shore? I live on the top of the hill in Wilmington and maybe I can see you from my roof! :D

Bob What Brew house are you working for? Everytime I drink a Dogfish Head I think of you guys. I know they are close but I wasn't sure which one.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Bob What Brew house are you working for? Everytime I drink a Dogfish Head I think of you guys. I know they are close but I wasn't sure which one.

Paco! Cheers!
    I'm working with Jack at Twin Lakes Brewery. They don't bottle, just keg for right now and stay local in Delaware because they didn't make the brewery big enough! It's on a farm outside of Wilmington, and not really a pub, just make it there unless you come for a tour.

Haha, THEN it'll be a pub when you come by! Nothing like filling a glass from a 750 gallon tank! When he built the place, he installed a big sound system so that the Grateful Dead can properly be blasted whilst making beer.

This has nothing to do with Gibson, except that I did crank up my ES-355 in there when we were waiting for a batch to boil. :D Gotta keep those guitars properly humidified. ;)

http://twinlakesbrewingcompany.com/
    Be kind, man
    The Goldtop is in California.

• exhausted wrote:
    billy g?

Yup. I forgot to add that. It didn't make it into his book, though. If you've ever seen his book, it's a lot of fun. Cars and guitars that make you drool. I'm not even a car guy and I like that book.
    My car and guitar book will be a whole series of things that always needed oil changes and guitars that are just about finished but not quite. :D
    Be kind, man

as for the thread.... well, i'm still in a fender phase.... but i like my gibsons too.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Paco! Cheers!
    I'm working with Jack at Twin Lakes Brewery. They don't bottle, just keg for right now and stay local in Delaware because they didn't make the brewery big enough! It's on a farm outside of Wilmington, and not really a pub, just make it there unless you come for a tour.

Haha, THEN it'll be a pub when you come by! Nothing like filling a glass from a 750 gallon tank! When he built the place, he installed a big sound system so that the Grateful Dead can properly be blasted whilst making beer.

This has nothing to do with Gibson, except that I did crank up my ES-355 in there when we were waiting for a batch to boil. :D Gotta keep those guitars properly humidified. ;)

http://twinlakesbrewingcompany.com/

Phenominal, next time we visit her parents I'll make a side trip to Wilmington :D
    Well I'm really glad the one you sold went to Billy G. and that it was enough to cover your treatments.

Oh man am I still jonesing for a big body 335 or 345 with 11's and maybe a varitone. One of these days I'm going to evolve into a respectable blues player.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • exhausted wrote:
    that's awesome. well, you know it's going to be well taken care of.

as for the thread.... well, i'm still in a fender phase.... but i like my gibsons too.

Haha, I just had an argument with my 335 about an hour ago. I'm doing a kind of ambient/ psychedelic/ Mazzy Star/ Frippy kind of weird thing with this girl with an amazing cool spacey voice.
    I reached for my ES-335 because it sounds great with delay and feedback and I love that thing, but I hopped it up and threw the strap over my neck and the body hit my nose and it bled all over! :mad: I've only done that like a thousand times with that guitar.

I guess I have to suffer for my art! :D
    Be kind, man