Pic of my babies

2»

Comments

• TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    The 12 string is an old 70's Takamine that my dad's had since university. He got it when he sold his Marshall Stack and the guy was $100 short.

The acoustic bass is my brother's and made by a company called Cascade. It's Asian made but sounds really good. It's great sittin around campfires, because now my brother can join in.
    P.S. Sorry for hijacking your thread!

Yeah, I've been looking into getting a 12 string... how does it sound?

It's almost a given that whenever I pick up a 12 string I immediately start playing Wish You Were Here... even if I don't want to! My fingers just start moving.. :D
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Your babies are so cute....the last one looks just like you!!

Seriously, those are really cool guitars..:)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    Your babies are so cute....the last one looks just like you!!

Seriously, those are really cool guitars..:)

I don't know... I think the last one looks more like his mom :p
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Trailer wrote:
    I took this picture yesterday of my guitars...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/greenstar43/guitars001.jpg

They are: (clockwise from top left)

2006 Paul Reed Smith McCarty Standard
    1994 Fender Stratocaster 40th Anniversery Edition
    2006 Fender Jazz Bass V
    2006 Taylor 814-CE

I traded in some of my other guitars last year and reupdated with 2006 versions:D

these are some fine looking babies, i was plesantly suprised to see that they weren't babies literally ;):D
    genie wrote:
    these are some fine looking babies, i was plesantly suprised to see that they weren't babies literally ;):D

hehe... thanks :D
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Trailer wrote:
    Yeah, I've been looking into getting a 12 string... how does it sound?

It's almost a given that whenever I pick up a 12 string I immediately start playing Wish You Were Here... even if I don't want to! My fingers just start moving.. :D
    Honestly, it's one of the best 12s I've heard. I've seen models like it going for 5-700 in OK condition, and I would pick up one of those over anything new in that price range any day.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    And Nova, I'm still lookin for the right overdrive (note the open space on the board!). I'm gonna try out an OCD this week hopefully.

I just got my OCD and I can tell you, I LOVE it. It's so clean and so open. It's safe to say my TS9 has been ousted.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Novawind wrote:
    I just got my OCD and I can tell you, I LOVE it. It's so clean and so open. It's safe to say my TS9 has been ousted.

I've had a Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive for a couple of years now and it's absolute perfection.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    enharmonic wrote:
    IMG_0598.jpg

Belaireside.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

That Yamaha looks SWEET!! I was in Japan and went into the Yamaha store... they have some amazing sounding guitars! My nylon string is actually a Yamaha