Pic of my babies

TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I took this picture yesterday of my guitars...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/greenstar43/guitars001.jpg

They are: (clockwise from top left)

2006 Paul Reed Smith McCarty Standard
1994 Fender Stratocaster 40th Anniversery Edition
2006 Fender Jazz Bass V
2006 Taylor 814-CE

I traded in some of my other guitars last year and reupdated with 2006 versions:D
Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Gorgeous!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Very nice. If i had any four guitars I wanted, i'd look very much like that.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Gorgeous!

Thank you :)
    Very nice. If i had any four guitars I wanted, i'd look very much like that.

Yeah, I am definitely happy with them... especially the PRS. God I love that guitar!! :cool:
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    BinFrog wrote:

That's a pretty sweet setup!!

I don't know if there is another thread about this... but everyone should post pics of their guitars, rigs, etc...
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Trailer wrote:
    I took this picture yesterday of my guitars...
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/greenstar43/guitars001.jpg
    They are: (clockwise from top left)
    2006 Paul Reed Smith McCarty Standard
    1994 Fender Stratocaster 40th Anniversery Edition
    2006 Fender Jazz Bass V
    2006 Taylor 814-CE
    That's a great little bunch of guitars you've got there (you can play almost anything with those).
    The only thing you're missing is a Les Paul (my PRS's are close, but just not the same) & a Telecaster.
    In order like you (just my newest of each):

03' PRS Hollowbody-2 in Violin Amber Sunburst ('04 McCarty 24-fret Drk Cherry w/ Birds & LR Baggs Piezo System).
    96' Amer Dlx Plus Strat 50th Ann (L.E.) and a few others.
    64' Jazz Bass (Sherwood Green) - this does it all so I don't need any others.
    99' Taylor 814-BCE (E.M.) endorsement model and an 01' 855-CE .
    Plus your missing LP - 99' Les Paul Std Plus (L.E.) and a few others.
    And your missing Tele - '99 Amer Dlx Tele (Old) and a few others.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Ian, should I even ask how much you paid for that PRS hollowbody? I'd love to have one eventually but the list price is freakin' ridiculous, even if it is a really good guitar.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    That's a great little bunch of guitars you've got there (you can play almost anything with those).
    The only thing you're missing is a Les Paul (my PRS's are close, but just not the same) & a Telecaster.
    In order like you (just my newest of each):

03' PRS Hollowbody-2 in Violin Amber Sunburst ('04 McCarty 24-fret Drk Cherry w/ Birds & LR Baggs Piezo System).
    96' Amer Dlx Plus Strat 50th Ann (L.E.) and a few others.
    64' Jazz Bass (Sherwood Green) - this does it all so I don't need any others.
    99' Taylor 814-BCE (E.M.) endorsement model and an 01' 855-CE .
    Plus your missing LP - 99' Les Paul Std Plus (L.E.) and a few others.
    And your missing Tele - '99 Amer Dlx Tele (Old) and a few others.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian

Yeah, I sold my Les Paul to get my PRS... and I'm SO glad I did!! I also sold my Martin HD-28V to get my Taylor... which I'm heartbroken over. I loved my Martin, but I needed an acoustic/ electric... and didn't have enough money to keep those guitars in my collection.

Show us some pics of your guitars! :D

edit: and are you sure your Fender's a 50th anniv? cuz the 50th wasn't released until 2004
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    96 was fender's 50th though.

here's a couple of mine for the sake of ego.

http://www3.telus.net/exhausted/mustang/100_2241.JPG
    http://www3.telus.net/exhausted/tele/100_2583.JPG

don't have anything of the rest on line.
    exhausted wrote:

I got ya... 1996 was Fender's 50th, 2004 was the Stratocaster's 50th.. that explains it :D

Nice guitars!! Lefty eh?
    Novawind wrote:
    Ian, should I even ask how much you paid for that PRS hollowbody? I'd love to have one eventually but the list price is freakin' ridiculous, even if it is a really good guitar.
    I got a deal on that one - paid $3,100 for the Hollowbody-2
    click here: '03 PRS Hollowbody-2 Violin Amber Sunburst
    Sorry, I don't have that many PICS of my guitars available - I've already done some digging (but I'll eventually post 'em all)..
    Trailer wrote:
    and are you sure your Fender's a 50th anniv? cuz the 50th wasn't released until 2004
    I'm Positive - Fender started in 1946, thus 1996 was 50 years.
    My Strat marks 50 years of Fender, not 50 years of the Strat - plus it's engraved 50th-Ann on the back).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Those are beautiful buddy! How long have you been playing?
    exhausted wrote:

That tele is amazing. New one?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Jam10 wrote:
    Those are beautiful buddy! How long have you been playing?

Thanks!! Well I started playing when I was 12, and now I'm 27... so carry the one.. ah, 15 years I guess :D
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I am extremely jealous of that hollowbody 2. I love those guitars. Can't beat the carved violin block and it's dead sexy.

Yeah that guitar looks sick!! I'm sure it sounds equally sick..
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I am extremely jealous of that hollowbody 2. I love those guitars. Can't beat the carved violin block and it's dead sexy.

Quoted for truth.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Trailer wrote:
    Thanks!! Well I started playing when I was 12, and now I'm 27... so carry the one.. ah, 15 years I guess :D
    Exactly the same length of time as me (that's odd) :)

- Ian
    I'm in awe of what you guys have. Here's my collection.
    http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2350&id=512465746
    I'm in awe of what you guys have. Here's my collection.
    http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2350&id=512465746
    Do you have another link - this one's not viewable unless you have a facebook account???
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Do you have another link - this one's not viewable unless you have a facebook account???
    This one might work:
    http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2350&l=b679c&id=512465746
    (the website said that one would).
    Tell me what ya think!
    Very nice - I love the ES-175 - the pickguard looks different, is that original (the shape is fairly unusual).
    I've got an older ES-175 too (I think there's a picture of it in the corner of both of my room pics).
    I usually tape strings together after the bridge because the older ES-175's tend to get harmonic overtones in
    that space between the bridge and tailpiece (or maybe it's just the 175's with the zig-zag trapeze tailpiece).
    I also removed the pickguard because I like to see wood (which is why I get a lot of guitars without pickguards).
    Plus it looks good like that (I find the pickguard kind of in the way). Also I'm not rocking out with that guitar.

- Ian
    You have no dirt pedals, something needs to be done about that!

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Very nice - I love the ES-175 - the pickguard looks different, is that original (the shape is fairly unusual).
    I've got an older ES-175 too (I think there's a picture of it in the corner of both of my room pics).
    I usually tape strings together after the bridge because the older ES-175's tend to get harmonic overtones in
    that space between the bridge and tailpiece (or maybe it's just the 175's with the zig-zag trapeze tailpiece).
    I also removed the pickguard because I like to see wood (which is why I get a lot of guitars without pickguards).
    Plus it looks good like that (I find the pickguard kind of in the way). Also I'm not rocking out with that guitar.

- Ian
    The pickgaurd was either put on in the early 60s BEFORE my Great Grandfather bought it, or shortly thereafter. He was the king of jerry-rigging things, so either or wouldn't suprise me. My mom and I are going to get one made for my dad at one point (the guitar's in his possession at this point). Every once in a while, I'll take it out and play only that for a week or so.

And Nova, I'm still lookin for the right overdrive (note the open space on the board!). I'm gonna try out an OCD this week hopefully.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    This one might work:
    Tell me what ya think!

the ES-175 is gorgeous.
    The pickgaurd was either put on in the early 60s BEFORE my Great Grandfather bought it, or shortly thereafter. He was the king of jerry-rigging things, so either or wouldn't suprise me. My mom and I are going to get one made for my dad at one point (the guitar's in his possession at this point). Every once in a while, I'll take it out and play only that for a week or so.
    Looked like something was not quite right - replacement ES-175 pickguards are quite expen$ive - usually a couple hundred dollar$.
    And Nova, I'm still lookin for the right overdrive (note the open space on the board!). I'm gonna try out an OCD this week hopefully.
    Great choice, probably my next as well - great Robin Trower type tone.

- Ian
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Looked like something was not quite right - replacement ES-175 pickguards are quite expen$ive - usually a couple hundred dollar$.
    Great choice, probably my next as well - great Robin Trower type tone.

- Ian
    There's a guy in our city that I trust would do a good job with it (the only guy I trust with my gear). And OCD, we'll see.

If I see something cool in Seattle, I'm gonna pick it up, but then the Godin's going, so we'll see.

Thanks for the compliments!

As far as I know, the guitar is all original except the tailpiece and the knobs.
    This one might work:
    Tell me what ya think!

Like it's already been said, the Gibson's very cool... but who makes the 12 string you got on the wall, and the acoustic bass you got below it?
    Trailer wrote:
    Like it's already been said, the Gibson's very cool... but who makes the 12 string you got on the wall, and the acoustic bass you got below it?
    The 12 string is an old 70's Takamine that my dad's had since university. He got it when he sold his Marshall Stack and the guy was $100 short.

The acoustic bass is my brother's and made by a company called Cascade. It's Asian made but sounds really good. It's great sittin around campfires, because now my brother can join in.
    P.S. Sorry for hijacking your thread!