Irish Tribute Band!!!

2»

Comments

• edvedd10edvedd10 Posts: 30
    Why you reckon its the worst idea ever?
    I dont think its a bad idea in any sense..
    Playing the music that we all like, and enjoying it while we can..
    Tattooed Everything!
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Have you got the eddie look?
    I would love to see it. My first time in Galway was about three weeks back. There was a live bad playing in a pub. they did two PJ covers and they rocked. Would have loved to have heard more.
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    I play lead guitar and definitely can do the whole mcready thing without much hassle!

But I'm too busy with life in general to tour with a tribute band.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Where are you based? Im tryin to start a tribute band down here in waterford/tipp, In the summer i could give it a shot, i can play the solo to alive behind my head if that helps,
    Unfortunately i dont have the Full look, but i have played in Clubs before where people came up to me at the end and said that they have never heard anyone sound as much like Vedder ever. Played in New York last November, and i had so many offers to come back and play, same story there, people cant believe how much i sound like him, but its all natural voice.. I play rythm also or3rd guitar.. I have one of the best Drummers i could have with me, and we are searching for 3 more guys to fill the others shoes!! Ament,McCready and Gossard.. Knowledge of mostly all Pearl Jam songs is Essential.. I got a couple of Promoters ready to go... They have also heard me and will back any Band i am in..
    I am in Sligo area..
    Tattooed Everything!
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    edvedd10 wrote:
    Why you reckon its the worst idea ever?

"Ah oi, ah, oi'm still alive hey, oi, oi, ah, oi'm still alive hey oi, ah, oi'm still alive."

;)

I'm just messing around with ya! As I said if you play I'll sure come and rock out while you wail!

BTW you're not Scott Stapp pretending to be Irish are ya?!? haha
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • Superdude wrote:
    dont worry dude i still love ya!!! come on dirty frank! we'll rock the crap outta IRELAND!!! no more BS. 5 against 1. its gonna happen and its gonna be big. and there are no hicks in Leitrim, hicks come from narrow minded people who have never heard edvedd10 sing! what de ya think edvedd10? de ya think this 'blue mosquito' has the stones to follow up and play music with us?

LETS GO!! I have always wanted to see Ireland.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    edvedd10 wrote:
    Do you guys just listen to Pearl Jam, or do some of you actually play? Am being serious now, and not Takin the Piss.. Just Curious..
    "Ah oi, ah, oi'm still alive hey, oi, oi, ah, oi'm still alive hey oi, ah, oi'm still alive." ;)
    I'm just messing around with ya! As I said if you play I'll sure come and rock out while you wail!
    BTW you're not Scott Stapp pretending to be Irish are ya?!? haha
    First off, that Scott Stapp remark almost made me piss myself - I'm still smiling.
    I've met Scott, and yes he's as arrogant as they say ( I think he's currently in a Creed Tribute band :D)
    Yeah I guess Scott does sound a little bit like Eddie - in a pilfering kind of way - I can probably sound like that if I tried.

As for "Do you guys just listen to Pearl Jam, or do some of you actually play?"
    Yes I play guitar (I think I must be okay, or I wouldn't have the job I have).
    Actually I think most of the people on this message pit play, hence why they're in the "Musicians and Gerarheads" section.
    I'm actually still waiting to hear this "spectacular" voice.
    Kind of strange you didn't already have a recording ready before making such haughty/supercilious claims.
    I'm not meaning this to be argumentative, just curious.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    Cheers for the comment..
    Not sure if anyone mentioned "Spectacular", but yes i can sing and do sound like Eddie.. I cant and wont say its a Spectacular voice, because i can only go by my last performance, from what people tell me, i do sound like him and should be doing a tribute.. so..i have decided to get that sorted out..
    Some people Write and create their own songs, because they are good at it..
    I sing and play Pearl Jam for the same reason.. And i love the music..
    As i said before, I am a Singer, more than i am a Guitarist.. Without my guitar, my voice is more enhanced, as for with it, i am concentrating probably too much on Playing,but i have an ear for music, and know if i ever mis-hit a note.... I have seen so many bands where singers hit wrong notes and never realise, its very strange..
    Anyway dude, thanks for the comment..
    Hopefully in a couple of months, we will be playing places...
    Tattooed Everything!
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Sorry, but I wasn't really calling your voice spectacular (I've never heard your voice, so I can't really comment on it).
    I was attempting to be a little (dare I say) cynical - Not that I'm saying you don't have decent vocal ability.
    I was actually remarking on your own aparent presumptuous vocal abilities (a bit immodest).
    As I said, I was just expecting a little confirmation for the haughty remarks (NOW, not in a couple months).
    Looking foreward to being floored :rolleyes:

Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    Sorry, but I wasn't really calling your voice spectacular (I've never heard your voice, so I can't really comment on it).
    I was attempting to be a little (dare I say) cynical - Not that I'm saying you don't have decent vocal ability.
    I was actually remarking on your own aparent presumptuous vocal abilities (a bit immodest).
    As I said, I was just expecting a little confirmation for the haughty remarks (NOW, not in a couple months).
    Looking foreward to being floored :rolleyes:

Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

Check out my covers on youtube, they are plain and simple acoustic raw covers recorded on a cameraphone! But they do the trick..
    Type in edvedd and you will find them...
    Tattooed Everything!
  • Well I guess after our initial sparring in this thread I should be eating humble pie!! Great voice.......

If you need a Stone, I would love to do it, I can second guitar my way through most PJ songs and even lead quite a few too!! I even have short hair, glasses and can nod my head in time with what I am playing. Don't think I suit a cowboy hat though!

Man, if I was in my late teens/early twenties I would have been able to have a crack at this but nearly 30 = too many responsibilities...............
    - EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0025
    - PJ avoid me like the plague
  • Can I just point out.... worst idea ever ...

lol!

But to be fair, I'd probally pay to see an Irish Pearl Jam trib band! Not for any of the right reasons though! ;)

Check out my raw videos on youtube just to see what you think?
    Type in edvedd, and you will get me...
    Tattooed Everything!
  • dunkman wrote:
    dude you should maybe be doing an Oasis cover band... it would seem you have the pre-requisite set of "balls" to do Liam justice!!

btw i am the greatest person on this forum and all my jokes make blind babies see again and other such trivial shit... i am the man, i've got people from Dallas, Texas wanting to give me my own hit chat show where i can be a witty bastard and make a shitload of money and poke poor people with gold canes

see how boring that became sooo very quickly.. confidence is fine, but you just sound arrogant

Check out my videos on youtube, and let me know what you think?
    type in edvedd, and you get me..
    Tattooed Everything!
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    There's already 2 PJ tribute bands in ireland

http://profile.myspace.com/australianpearljam

29 Feb 2008 21:00 McHugh’s bar & venue, Drogheda, Louth
    1 Mar 2008 22:00 The Grill Music Venue, Letterkenny, Donegal
    18 Apr 2008 21:00 Electric Avenue, John St., Waterford
    10 May 2008 21:00 Roisin Dubh, Dominick St., Galway
    17 May 2008 22:00 The Stables, Mullingar, Westmeath
    Pretty good my man, I'd go to see yeah if yee played in cork
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    edvedd10 wrote:
    Check out my videos on youtube, and let me know what you think?
    type in edvedd, and you get me..

i did look at them and thought they were very good.. :)

you just sounded arrogant was all i was saying.. fine line between self-confidence and arrogance.. but anyway... if you irish fuckers come to scotland and play i want free tickets and i promise not to headbutt your cock ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    fada wrote:
    Pretty good my man, I'd go to see yeah if yee played in cork

Should be playing Cork soon. Keep you posted
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    edvedd10 wrote:
    And NO, i aint no bullsh*tter.. Its something that i am Extremely proud of, and anyone who knows me can tell you that there is no other to be found yet...
    Ed is a very humble musician and that might be something you could work on if you want to be serious about gathering some dedicated fans. I listened to some of your tunes on youtube and i think you are very good, but you need to put a lid on the arrogance because it's not very endearing.
  • Django wrote:
    There's already 2 PJ tribute bands in ireland

http://profile.myspace.com/australianpearljam

29 Feb 2008 21:00 McHugh’s bar & venue, Drogheda, Louth
    1 Mar 2008 22:00 The Grill Music Venue, Letterkenny, Donegal
    18 Apr 2008 21:00 Electric Avenue, John St., Waterford
    10 May 2008 21:00 Roisin Dubh, Dominick St., Galway
    17 May 2008 22:00 The Stables, Mullingar, Westmeath

Play clonmel!!!!!! :D I was thinkin of gettin a pearl jam tribute band started down here but nothing serious, just a bit o' fun