Irish Tribute Band!!!

edvedd10edvedd10 Posts: 30
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am trying to Find actual musicians to join me in a FULL IRISH PEARL JAM TRIBUTE BAND!!!
I need a Lead Guitarist,Bassist, and a Rythm Guitarist.. I got my drummer, and i sing and play 3rd guitar.. Believe me, whoever is interested, you gotta be shit hot, and you gotta be at least on the same par as i am singing, and if you are Believe me, the band will be UNREAL.....
I am serious and i am ready to give up everything to tour..
Feel free to e.mail me.. piquetwooks@hotmail.com
Tattooed Everything!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I can play about 90% of PJ stuff, what I can't play I could learn, mostly rhythm but quite a lot of lead too and I live in Belfast.

How well can you sing though? I have always struggled to find decent singers.....
    - EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0025
    - PJ avoid me like the plague
  • How well can i sing? Its the only thing that i am 100% confident about saying, i will challenge ANY singer!! You will find it extremely hard to find anyone who can sing better, or even close to similar.. I am not cocky! Its just something that i have been doing since i can remember.. I play around myself, acoustically, and i play alot of Pearl Jam..
    Tattooed Everything!
  • Very good but can you sing in a manner that would suit a PJ tribute band?

Where in Ireland are you?
    - EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0025
  • Do you think i am looking to start a Pearl Jam tribute, with me sounding more like Daniel o D!!
    Dude!! I have the gift of not trying to sound like Eddie, but more like actually sounding like him without trying!
    Most people can sing with a little practice, thats easy. But sounding like the real thing is completely different!
    This is why i want this!! Everyone that doesnt know me,if i play out in a bar, they tell me.. That sounded like a F*ucking live version on a jukebox!
    I am sick of hearing it and i want to do something about it..
    And NO, i aint no bullsh*tter.. Its something that i am Extremely proud of, and anyone who knows me can tell you that there is no other to be found yet...
    Oh yeah, sorry.. I live in Leitrim. Not too far from Enniskillen...
    Tattooed Everything!
  • My, you are a confident chap...

I have short hair and wear glasses so I could play the role of Stone.
    - EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0025
  • I am very confident about this.. Its something that i have to do.. My Family, Friends and Relations are always pissing me off and telling me that i need to do it..
    There is a huge oppurtunity for a Tribute band in this country..
    All you have to do is check out the tribute bands in U.S.A, and i can honestly tell you that i can wipe the floor with them.. And with the right guys with me, as a Band and a Team, we can make it so that we will get Huge Recognition..
    I have a drummer, and he is Unreal, and a huge Pearl Jam fan also..
    Tattooed Everything!
  • edvedd10edvedd10 Posts: 30
    Who has the talent and the stones to do this with me??? I SHIT YOU NOT!!! If i can find the musicians to do this, it will be totally successful... And no WASTERS NEED APPLY!! ok Johnny!!! And if your out there Somers! Get your finger out of your hole!!!!
    Tattooed Everything!
  • Believe me, I am good enough and I have some really good promotions connections in Belfast, really good. But I can't believe some hick from Leitrim can sing Pearl Jam!!

:D
    - EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0025
    Well i never knew that your (Royal Highness) Lizzy!! would allow you to even listen to music!! Seeing as you are under her rule!! Excuse me now while i throw up!!
    ANYWAY,Getting to the matter in hand, and away from the slagging..
    If you have the balls, fair enough.. If you dont, thats your choice, but if you are willing to meet and hear me, i am thinking you will never play anything else only Pearl Jam.. but there is no point in just talking about it!!
    Get your finger out and help form the greatest tribute to the greatest Band in the World!! I SHIT YOU NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh and as for connections, i got a very good friend in London who works for MTV,and she can get gigs ANYWHERE in England. Here is not a problem...
    Tattooed Everything!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    edvedd10 wrote:
    How well can i sing? Its the only thing that i am 100% confident about saying, i will challenge ANY singer!! You will find it extremely hard to find anyone who can sing better, or even close to similar.. I am not cocky! Its just something that i have been doing since i can remember.. I play around myself, acoustically, and i play alot of Pearl Jam..

I'm so sorry. I don't mean this to be offensive in any way! but you make me laugh. :D I mean, your posts amuse me. :)

I'm sure you can sing. lol. after all that talk, I WISH you can sing. but that just sounds an awful lot like what all them folks in American Idol say and then they suck. hehe. :D

anyway, good luck with the band (really!!) and that's all. as you were. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • SuperdudeSuperdude Posts: 24
    dont worry dude i still love ya!!! come on dirty frank! we'll rock the crap outta IRELAND!!! no more BS. 5 against 1. its gonna happen and its gonna be big. and there are no hicks in Leitrim, hicks come from narrow minded people who have never heard edvedd10 sing! what de ya think edvedd10? de ya think this 'blue mosquito' has the stones to follow up and play music with us?
    The only thing aparent to me on here is, there are lots of people talking and noone listening or doing anything about it!! So, i am doing something about it now! No offence to you either dude, but i aint sure what kinda shit you watch in Finland, or wherever you are, but if you watch that shit, then you have really lost your musical mind! But i would hope to think you watch it to make yourself feel normal and talented mabey?
    I can sing,and have been doing so since i was 8..
    It is aparent to me that i will have to post an audio of myself singing to entertain you guys, and actually RAISE THE BAR for those who need a real challenge!!!
    Get back to me dude, i mean absolutely no harm...
    Its just frustrating how narrow minded some people can be!!
    Tattooed Everything!
  • edvedd10 wrote:
    Well i never knew that your (Royal Highness) Lizzy!! would allow you to even listen to music!! Seeing as you are under her rule!! Excuse me now while i throw up!!
    ANYWAY,Getting to the matter in hand, and away from the slagging..
    If you have the balls, fair enough.. If you dont, thats your choice, but if you are willing to meet and hear me, i am thinking you will never play anything else only Pearl Jam.. but there is no point in just talking about it!!
    Get your finger out and help form the greatest tribute to the greatest Band in the World!! I SHIT YOU NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh and as for connections, i got a very good friend in London who works for MTV,and she can get gigs ANYWHERE in England. Here is not a problem...

What shit are you talking about the queen???

I would rather not meet you, you sound like an arrogant tw*t. And MTV sucks balls. Who wants to be in the greatest TRIBUTE band anyway? Go write your own stuff if you are so great.

If YOU have the balls, upload or post a file on YouTube of you singing.........
    - EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0025
    Arrogent?!?! look who's talkin! i'm not gonna support an argument here from eithher side man but you did say...

"But I can't believe some hick from Leitrim can sing Pearl Jam!!"

Honestly, i'v ALOT of friends in Leitrim and I know how much they despise the stereotyping that follows them. Put yourself in edvedd10's shoes man, how did you feel when he dropped the queen thing? Don't get so defensive, get over it!!

I say full on for the Pearl Jam tribute band, I can't wait to see how it sounds. And about writing his own stuff, i'm sure if edvedd10 wanted to he would. Seems pretty clear to me tho that he wants to start a Pearl Jam tribute though. You can't slate him for it.

MTV the channel may blow chunks but if your trying to get a band some cerdit and recognition I can't think of anywhere better to have some contacts.
  • The hick comment was a joke, I have friends all over Ireland and regularly take the mick out of each other and our various locations and their stereo-types... I thought we were famous for our sense of humour...... there was no need to bring the old nationalistic comments into it without knowing my political stance...... but I accept my humour may not have been taken in the tone it was intended........

Rock on.
    - EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0025
    peace out
    Truely accepted my friend...
    Apologies for the comment,i am far from a hick, but if i were a Hick, i would be the best singing Hick to Cover Pearl Jam..
    Am getting an 8track together and recording some covers to put up on various sites.. I just do it for fun and enjoyment, but hopefully it may change your mind on my singing...
    And Rock On Dude!!!
    Tattooed Everything!
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Didn't Leitrim get their first set of traffic lights recently??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dude you should maybe be doing an Oasis cover band... it would seem you have the pre-requisite set of "balls" to do Liam justice!!

btw i am the greatest person on this forum and all my jokes make blind babies see again and other such trivial shit... i am the man, i've got people from Dallas, Texas wanting to give me my own hit chat show where i can be a witty bastard and make a shitload of money and poke poor people with gold canes

see how boring that became sooo very quickly.. confidence is fine, but you just sound arrogant
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    dunkman wrote:
    and poke poor people with gold canes
    Dunk, I thought I was the only one who did that. We should do that together at Wmbley ;)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    What is Challenging about Oasis? If i wanted to do that, i would just write my own stuff and play it to the chords of A,E and G..
    And Oasis is only a 1 man show... Noel..
    No fault to a few of you guys, i am sure you all have valid points, in some weird ways.. You mabey need to get out more.. Seems like i was at my first Pearl Jam gig, before half of you was even left as a stain on your Old Mans Pillow!!
    Do you guys just listen to Pearl Jam, or do some of you actually play? Am being serious now, and not Takin the Piss.. Just Curious..
    Tattooed Everything!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    edvedd10 wrote:
    What is Challenging about Oasis? If i wanted to do that, i would just write my own stuff and play it to the chords of A,E and G..
    And Oasis is only a 1 man show... Noel..
    No fault to a few of you guys, i am sure you all have valid points, in some weird ways.. You mabey need to get out more.. Seems like i was at my first Pearl Jam gig, before half of you was even left as a stain on your Old Mans Pillow!!
    Do you guys just listen to Pearl Jam, or do some of you actually play? Am being serious now, and not Takin the Piss.. Just Curious..
    I play bass and guitar (primarily bass). I've been listening to Pearl Jam for about 7 years now. I don't really see what age has to do with this though.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    edvedd10 wrote:
    What is Challenging about Oasis?

i never said it was challenging :confused:

you have Liam's intelligence at least :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I could have Shane McGowans Intelligence!! And Voice.... DOH!!!
    You guys are cool... Am only playin with ye... I been listenin to Pearl Jam since i was 11... First saw them live when i was 18. My view is, anyone who is on this site already, has serious Intelligence.. and GREAT FUCKING TASTE!!!
    Dublin 96
    Dublin 00
    Dublin 06
    Paris 06
    Athens 06
    Poland 07
    London 07
    Denmark 07
    Tattooed Everything!
    edvedd10 wrote:
    You guys are cool... Am only playin with ye... I been listenin to Pearl Jam since i was 11... First saw them live when i was 18. My view is, anyone who is on this site already, has serious Intelligence.. and GREAT FUCKING TASTE!!!

trying to regain some of your prospective listeners i see :p
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edvedd10 wrote:

You don't think Shane McGowan's intelligent? You obviously know nothing about him. Try reading this book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drink-Shane-MacGowan/dp/0330490087/ref=sr_1_1/026-5215383-9010800?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176803417&sr=1-1

And you don't think he has a good voice, along with being unintelligent? Try listening to any of his songs. Fairytale of New York, Kitty, A rainy night in Soho, A Pair of Brown eyes e.t.c. He is regarded by some as the greatest Irish poet of the last 50 years. This is debatable, but it's easy to see why when reading his lyrics. You shouldn't allow yourself to blinded by stereotypes.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You don't think Shane McGowan's intelligent? You obviously know nothing about him. Try reading this book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drink-Shane-MacGowan/dp/0330490087/ref=sr_1_1/026-5215383-9010800?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176803417&sr=1-1

And you don't think he has a good voice? Try listening to any of his songs. Fairytale of New York, Kitty, A rainy night in Soho, A Pair of Brown eyes e.t.c.

what's this "book" thing you speak of :confused:

is it loads of paper with black stuff painted onto the paper
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dunkman wrote:
    what's this "book" thing you speak of :confused:

is it loads of paper with black stuff painted onto the paper

Aye! That it is! :cool:
    I am sure if he ever is sober, he is a good singer.. But put it this way, and be totally honest, if you didnt know him, and you walked into a bar and heard him singing some stuff, it would not be classed as Great singing..
    But alas i hear you say, his stuff is genius, That it is my friend, he is a great poet.. Poet being the appropriate word there, and he manages to engulf listeners with his drunken sounding voice resiting some of the greatest songs/poems ever..
    As for intelligence, Brains Yes definitely to a point, but obviously not intelligent enough to Stop drinking and not piss his Fortune up against the wall.. BUT i guess he is happy, so mabey tis the way to go?
    Tattooed Everything!
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Can I just point out.... worst idea ever ...

lol!

But to be fair, I'd probally pay to see an Irish Pearl Jam trib band! Not for any of the right reasons though! ;)
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....