Prices on FENDER Guitars - what you should know, but what they don't want you to know

2»

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Novawind wrote:
    Well Ian, considering you've got a BUTTLOAD of guitars at your fingertips, you'd think at some point you'd be satisfied. :) But we're gearheads, never satisfied!

You mentioned the PRS McCarty Hollowbody in some previous thread and I was looking at the specs for that tonight. Looks and sounds fantastic, and the hollowbody might be good on my back (I have back problems), but as you mentioned, I'm a student. I can't afford a $4000 guitar (much less a $400 Epi, lol). I'll probably invest later when I can afford it, but for now you're right. I get all my pedals off ebay even if it only saves me $20 here and $30 there. Every little bit counts.

Waoh, been there done that, was a poverty stricken student for 7 yrs, barely bought an album let alone a guitar.
    I still like a bargain though, just like to be a little respectful as to how I get it. Except cars, car salesmen are fair game for anyone, respect is just not in the picture, period !!
    Ebay is great, lets me shop around and compare prices globally. Even if I don't buy there, I know what I should be paying when I do.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Waoh, been there done that, was a poverty stricken student for 7 yrs, barely bought an album let alone a guitar.
    I still like a bargain though, just like to be a little respectful as to how I get it. Except cars, car salesmen are fair game for anyone, respect is just not in the picture, period !!
    Ebay is great, lets me shop around and compare prices globally. Even if I don't buy there, I know what I should be paying when I do.

my plan is to purchase the one guitar i 'need' before i start my run at 'being poor for a while'. i'm hoping to find my perfect acoustic mate...for life.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    my plan is to purchase the one guitar i 'need' before i start my run at 'being poor for a while'. i'm hoping to find my perfect acoustic mate...for life.
    Then take a look at Taylor - they gave me an 814CE back in '99, and it's honestly the best acoustic I've ever owned.
    I've even had studio engineers that were recording me stop recording to come in and check it out. They were like,
    that sounds incredible - that doesn't sound normal, is that an older Taylor or a newer one - they all wanted to play it.
    This guitar is honestly the BEST sounding and playing acoustic I've ever owned.
    I don't know what I'd play if I didn't have this guitar, but I know it wouldn't be a Martin.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403

Good plan, my faithful old Ibanez acoustic that I bought at 16 saw me well through my student years and then some. I agree with Ian that Taylor are worth a look. they are known for the "electric" feel of the necks. If you could spring for a T5 Thinline, you would really be set for tones. The maple and spruce ones are pretty affordable.
    Music is not a competetion.