Options

Pedal Order

2»

Comments

• Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    the rotovibe is awesome i love mine. check out youtubue for some cool vids of it in action

question for the pedal gurus. should i put my rotovibe before my wah or after it? ie atm i have guitar into rotovibe into wah into tubescreamer into marshall guvnor into amp. is this best or should i have wah and roto the other way round?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Pappas wrote:
    the rotovibe is awesome i love mine. check out youtubue for some cool vids of it in action

question for the pedal gurus. should i put my rotovibe before my wah or after it? ie atm i have guitar into rotovibe into wah into tubescreamer into marshall guvnor into amp. is this best or should i have wah and roto the other way round?

Pappas, just mix it up and check them out. I have my Tele into an MJM Sixties Vibe -> Fulltone Wah -> MJM London Fuzz -> MJM Blues Devil -> Amp. I've actually since moved the Fuzz in front of the Wah! MJM London Fuzz -> Fulltone Wah -> MJM Blues Devil and everything sounds so much better. Go figure, splitting the two distortions with a Wah. Some people will tell you that the Vibe should be the last one before the amp but many others say it should be first. I'm pretty sure Stone and Mike put theres first after the guitar.
  • Options
    Pappas wrote:

I'd go Wah>TS>Guv>Vibe>Amp

That's just me though!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    I read this a week or so ago and I changed up the order of my board for the first time in years. The chain is usually.... GTR--->Wah--->ts9--->dod corrosion--->Line6 MM4--->Boss TU-2--->Line6 DL4--->Ernie Ball Stereo/Pan Volume---> Amp

But I put the volume after my tuner and loved how I could do volume swells when I had the delay going and things slowly trailed off. The only problem is that I'll have to eventually buy another volume pedal(or just
    not be lazy and learn how to do volume swells with my guitar's volume knob) to go at the end of my chain because I usually run two amps and blend them.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Options
    JW42505JW42505 Posts: 113
    with a 6 pedal board where would you place a looper? Like the jamman or boss loop station?
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    so ianvomsaal, u recommended the BD-2 Blues Driver by BOSS, which definitely looks cool, but if I want more punh and some modern rock crunch (PJ, Soungarden) would the better option be the BOSS DS-1?

but wow, that Blues Driver sounds sweet. I just don't know how versatile it would be when playing PJ for instance.
    Actually you can get quite a lot of punch from the BOSS BD-2, and it sounds different from the Ibanez TS-9 – I personally don’t like the DS-1 very much (maybe if it got Keeley Modified it would have a better tone).

The Ibanez TS-9 is very cool (I own two). I use the TS-9 and BD-2 every time I play (though most of the time I do prefer the Boss BD-2 Blues Driver for tube-like sounding overdrive because it's not as thin sounding as the TS-9). Mike MCcready does have both BD-2 and TS-9 pedals on his pedalboard (both Keeley Modified).

Many people say don’t bother getting either Boss BD-2 or Ibanez TS-9 pedals UNLESS you get them Keeley Modified (I don't necessarily agree, however his MODIFICATIONS do sound good).

Like me, Mr. Keeley prefers the Boss BD-2.

Here are some thoughts from Bob Keeley on the BD-2:
    "The BD-2 is not the same pedal as a TS9 pedal. When cranked the BD-2 offers a grittier/more-edgy tone, and has a more FULL-RANGE sound. It is much more of a TRANSPARENT type of overdrive. It sounds like real tube break-up. It is therefore not as smooth and narrow sounding as the TS9. For tone-purists, this is it! It's not simply a distortion pedal but rather a tone tool that adds to your guitar tone, supplying really nice lows, crystal clear high frequency, great picking response and detail. For those wanting to set their amp on fire but not change the tone of their system, this is the pedal. The BD-2 is very DYNAMIC and works wonders with the volume control on your guitar. You can control all the drive you want by setting the BD-2 Gain high and using your volume control to instantly dial in the rest!"

Basically I'd suggest you try both pedals out and decide for yourself what you like best – I have both on my board, and use both every time I play.

- Ian

i have a keeley ultra ds-1, which i like, but times i wish i had a keeley bd-2 instead
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Anyone know what PEDALS I would need to get a 'JEFF' sound on my BASS...as I'm relatively NEW when it comes to this! :)
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Sort of new at this too. Or rather, I can play, but I am not knowledgeable about how to achieve certain tones or sounds.

So, what are the absolute must have pedals or effects? Like if you could only have 4 for example. What are the go-tos?

I already have a wah.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    savmansavman Posts: 230
    I think this has been covered in a previous post, but for me given you already have a wah i'd probably go with.
    A Tuner
    An Overdrive
    A Delay
    And maybe a Distortion
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Flagg wrote:
    Sort of new at this too. Or rather, I can play, but I am not knowledgeable about how to achieve certain tones or sounds.

So, what are the absolute must have pedals or effects? Like if you could only have 4 for example. What are the go-tos?

I already have a wah.

If you like your amps od you can't go wrong with a wah, od/boost/fuzz/something similar to change the color of your sound a bit, delay, and a modulation.
  • Options
    JW42505 wrote:
    with a 6 pedal board where would you place a looper? Like the jamman or boss loop station?

At the end, right? That's where I'd put it, so I have all my pedals/tones goin into it.
  • Options
    Do you guys normally put your tuner before or after the wah? Or do you put it towards the end of the chain?
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Do you guys normally put your tuner before or after the wah? Or do you put it towards the end of the chain?

My tuner is the first pedal in my chain, followed by a volume pedal.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

Me too, I've just seen so many people saying they have the wah first. I just wanted to see if they just didn't include the tuner in the description. thanks!!
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Do any of you all record anything? Would love to hear other board member's artistic adventures! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

Me too, I've just seen so many people saying they have the wah first. I just wanted to see if they just didn't include the tuner in the description. thanks!!

Tuner should always be at the top of the chain. My first three are Volume --> Tuner --> Wah. I don't have room for the volume and I used it for swells, so it is before the tuner. The wah comes after to keep ahead of the overdrive, which needs to be ahead of the delay. love this stuff!
    I live my life like an Ocean in disguise
  • Options
    Do any of you all record anything? Would love to hear other board member's artistic adventures! :D

I used to play bass in a band in Washington, DC. As soon as we got our act together and got good we split up when the guitarist/vocalist decided to move out to San Francisco.

A few years ago I recorded some Pearl Jam covers with a drummer and had a vocalist in New York add his vocals and we pieced it together online.

Nowadays I record demos on my own, just scratch guitar and drums on an 8-track. Its all unfinished, but its all posted here

http://www.soundcloud.com/extrasolars/sets
    I might be able to get to an E-bow.
  • Options
    My 2 cents...mooger foogers on the end. they will kill everything else, it did in my case but it may be different for others.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    My 2 cents...mooger foogers on the end. they will kill everything else, it did in my case but it may be different for others.

I have 2 Mooger Foogers. I just have to make sure they are in the pedal loop, and not between my guitar and the amp head input. That seems to work fine.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here I go :lol: I'm thinking of buying a OD pedal, which is the best price/quality OD pedal? ( I Play/ would like to play :lol: thinks like Nirvana, Pearl jam, etc.)

Thanks
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    I've just bought a multieffect pedal, a digitech rp55, is a very nice pedal, but I'm trying to create an effect that simulates the intro of rope, but I can't get it, can anybody help me?
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    does this logic apply to bass effects as well as guitar effects?
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    does this logic apply to bass effects as well as guitar effects?

I would say so. Most of the reasoning seems like it would cross over pretty seamlessly. Besides, they're just guidelines and a good starting point. The only "rule" here that I feel you shouldn't break is putting dirt after a delay.
  • Options
    NadjaZNadjaZ Posts: 33
    Dear Pearl Jam Fans,

I have a huge request,
    we are a man and woman from Germany/Berlin, Pearl Jam Fans since 20 years and can win a travel to the concert in Seattle with our local radio station. For this we need your help as much as possible.
    Can you vote for us to be the winner at

http://www.rockland.fm/start.php?uservoting

just click for Nadja and Thorsten and see our marry proposal on the vinyl as love letters.

Till saturday morning in Germany the winner will be announced in the radio. So long we need much much more votings to have a chance!!!

I have no Idea how to contact as many fans as possible.

So if you all can please send this to more fans, because they know how great this would be to meet Pearl Jam.

Please vote for the two of us as often as you have the time for (you can vote ever and ever again)
    thank you so much for this support,
    Nadja