What did SAnta bring you?

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, it's been Xmas DAy for a few hours here now.
I got copies of Temple of the Dog and Stardog Champion, which I have never heard. Was very chuffed with this. I am sure I am the last person here to get these, but Hey, I'm slow, I know that.
Gave teh Dog a listen, I really liked it the music, reminded me of JAnis joplin's band a lot, nice easy 70's vibe, and Mike's playing very Hendrixy. Think thats gonna have some heavy rotation for a while, haven't got to MLB yet, will be next, have the Metallica singles DVD to get through as well.
Little piggy heaven for me !!!
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    my wife got my an epi valve jr. amp head and some strings. also a gift certificate to get my pearl jam concert posters framed.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Lots of music :)

Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye
    Nickle Creek - This Side
    Chad VanGaalen - Skelliconnection
    Sonny Rollins - Saxiphone Colossus
    Massive Attack - 100th Window

And a gift cert to one of my favorite indie music shops in town

plus a lot of other cool stuff...but the music is what I'll get the most use out of :)
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Beatles - Love
    Fender Bullets
    Traynor YCV40
    TS9 DX

Pretty good haul. I might also grab some fretboard conditioner and a Crybaby.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Clapton Anthology Tab Book
    Pearl Jam "Ten" Tab book

No gear, but i got some cash to put toward a Hamer
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Dunlop Rotovibe (I fuckin love this)
    Moonlight Graham Hoodie
    Various online music gift certificates

And through a friend getting cash for Christmas and buying my amp, I'm buying a pedal board next week!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Vox DA5 amp :cool:
    cool wee mini Fender guitar stand

Nirvana DVD
    Peter Kay autobiography

homer slippers :D

and money... oh what shall i purchase? :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    NIce haul guys, Lots of music and amps and pedals I see. NIce to see teh folks and rellies are on the ball. I actually got a Gibson guitar care kit from teh Secret Santa ( think Kris Kringle) at work. Usually it's a generic red wine cos people don't really know you, but maybe having large heavy boxes turn up by courier from time to time caught some attention.

Tell me anyone, is the Dunlop rotovibe the way to go if I don't want to splash teh cash on a rotosphere ? I'm not much good at effects.
  • Enough money to pay off my credit card which is overly inflated due to past gear purchases.

Oh, and some towels, per request.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    a roland gr-20 synth(awsome!!!!)
    $500
    a bunch of other small things
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Boss ME-50
    Sleater-Kinney - One Beat
    Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
    DVD - Return to the Batcave!:D:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Double Muff, Powerall pedal power, few books. overall good christmas

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    sennin wrote:

thats pretty damn bad ass

i got 2 sets of martin 12's for my acoustics and a guitar rack/holder that can display 3 twangers =)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • PATCH CORDS!!! And some velcro tape for the pedals board. I also got some picks and a chord chart poster.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    I got my very first guitar!!! (my wife loves me!)

- Fender Squire Strat (good beginner guitar???)
    - 10W Traynor amp
    - Guitar stand, bag, picks, strings, strap, etc.
    - "Ten" tab book (don't know if I'll ever be able to play any of it!)

So yeah, I know next to nothing about guitars...I can play like 3 chords and little riffs from a few songs.
    Where do I start?!?!?!?

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    DopeyBoy wrote:

- 10W Traynor amp

So yeah, I know next to nothing about guitars...I can play like 3 chords and little riffs from a few songs.
    Where do I start?!?!?!?

Peace

Lessons!
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    best advice: don't quit

I had to come back to playing guitar about 5 times before I really stuck with it. Yeah, your fingers will probably hurt for the first few weeks but tough it out.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    DopeyBoy wrote:

- 10W Traynor amp

Where do I start?!?!?!?

Peace

The finger picked riff to Release is coola nd easy, Jeeremy is good, Black basic chords, the corerct fingering is not really a beginners job.

Yeah, lessons !! You didn't mention a tuner, if you don't have one it is a must have.
    Also kiss your wife, she's a beauty !!!
  • Among other things PAISTE Hi-hat!!! My old hi-hat was trashy sounding and this one is wow! :D Now I would have to be more precise when playing it...the flaws will be more hearable...
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• I get the new tony hawk prject 8 game and a nirvana box <ith a couple cd's and a dvd in it.
    My sister gave me the live-cd of My Morning Jacket.
    I cant stop listening to it , its such a good cd :)
  • exhausted wrote:
    my wife got my an epi valve jr. amp head and some strings. also a gift certificate to get my pearl jam concert posters framed.

Hey I'm off with my x-mas money to work a deal with the local guitar store today for one. Probably swipe it for $80. Mod's are all lined up for it. The real question is going to be cabinet and speakers.

I'm going to go with a big 2x12 (like the bluesbreaker extension cabinet), speaker wise I'm still up in the air. Might do two different ones with a 3 way switch to plug into either of the two or run both.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Santa didn't bring me crap! (I'm Jewish!) So I said screw the fat man and took it upon myself to get what I wanted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19959093@N00/324194476/
  • Wife got me the MXR Phase 90. I was blown away. Now time to hint at an amp :)

ANyone reccomend some songs and settings. I can see how PJ doesn't set it much past 12 o'clock on the dial but would love to know where to dial it for some songs. (Lots of fun just playing with it and seeing what comes out)
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
  • a coltrane bio
  • Wife got me the MXR Phase 90. I was blown away. Now time to hint at an amp :)

ANyone reccomend some songs and settings. I can see how PJ doesn't set it much past 12 o'clock on the dial but would love to know where to dial it for some songs. (Lots of fun just playing with it and seeing what comes out)

Van Halen - Speed at 9 o'clock, and let her rip!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Hey I'm off with my x-mas money to work a deal with the local guitar store today for one. Probably swipe it for $80. Mod's are all lined up for it. The real question is going to be cabinet and speakers.

I'm going to go with a big 2x12 (like the bluesbreaker extension cabinet), speaker wise I'm still up in the air. Might do two different ones with a 3 way switch to plug into either of the two or run both.

it's a nice little amp. it'll take me a while to get used to it and learn it's character though. i'm just going to run it through my drri's speaker for now.
  • ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    I get the new tony hawk prject 8 game and a nirvana box <ith a couple cd's and a dvd in it.
    My sister gave me the live-cd of My Morning Jacket.
    I cant stop listening to it , its such a good cd :)

I got the DVD version of that. It's teh sweet.