Pedal fetish.....................

13»

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    So the sickness begins.............
    Tried out a Digitech Whammy yesterday, and liked it, but $700 in Australia, I can buy a kidney for that !!!! BUT, saw one on US e-bay, will be on my front door in less than a week for $300, so I snagged it, couldn't help myself. Have just been listening to too much Jack.
    I'm thinking I might give some Dano a go, probably not going to be the same quality as the other pedals you guys have been suggesting, but will let me dip my feet on a budget. There is a lot of Keeley modded stuff available, but without trying it , it's hard to tell. I'll have a listen to some of the stuff you guyd have put up on myspace etc too, will help a bit.
    I think a straight distortion pedal might be what I will use most.

The Whammy will be good for the harmonised solos in Metallica, as well as the octave stuff like Bells and Roam, as well as the lead in Ball and Biscuit, which alone is worth the entry for me. Pity it only detunes in a whole step, not a half step, that would be neat. Now if I had a digital guitar, then it could just detune the E string to D for instant drop D, that would be neat !!

check out the hipshot D tuna, you can do just that, though it's mechanical and I can't remember exactly what bridges it fits on.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    only goes on the floyd rose.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    check out the hipshot D tuna, you can do just that, though it's mechanical and I can't remember exactly what bridges it fits on.

Yeah, I think I have seen some things that go on the tuning machine to do this, I had forgotten about those. It's not actually important enough to me to spend any money. It was just an idle thought. Re-tuning one string is no that hard really, esp now I have my flash little PLAnet WAves jobbie.
    Whammy should be here today or tomorrow, then just a littel fiddling with the power supply, as I have found out that Digiterch change teh fitting for export markets to stop grubs like me buying cheap in teh USA, never mind, it will have the US power supply, just a little snip and solder, and it'll all be sweet.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Have been messing wiht teh best, cheapest effect avaibnlable the lsat few dyas, called a slide.

Open G, Death Letter, brass slide, Gretsch woooooooooooooooooooooh !!!!!
    Music is not a competetion.