Rant

2»

Comments

• Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Whatever anyone wants. Not just pearl jam gear related. (i do admit to loving that though).
    If it was just that, then we wouldnt get to see Ian's Taj Mahal gear room, lucys new pony, (Did you guys see that? His new pony. Holy crap, so awesome.) Exhausteds new project, jam10's new ideas for his 'soundproof room', and so many other things. The last thing you want is people to be 'worried' about what they post. There are no stupid questions. None. What might seem obvious to one of us, is not always obvious to new people. That's what's so great about this forum. Everyone bends over backwards to help and give their views and support to anyone who is looking for advice.

I get that people are a little annoyed at people who come to purely spam their stuff but that doesn't mean that anything should change. It can be annoying, so i totally understand where extremehardy is coming from. I clicked on a link for a new member who was clearly a spammer and it took me to their myspace account, which took forever to load because they had so much crap. It ended up freezing up the computer. But oh well. Lesson learnt. I didn't have to click.

I just ignore the spammers now. I don't think when they are posting their spam that they use the search function to see what our reaction is gonna be. Whether we like it or not it's going happen. No amount of complaining is going change it.

Seriously love this place. Everyone is awesome. Really appreciate and respect the views of others. Just ignore the spammers and click on the next thread.

What about PJ Gurl's over the top funny comments! Always the best!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • What about PJ Gurl's over the top funny comments! Always the best!
    Aside from her accurate pictures of my pedal board and calling me Mr. Pinkpants, I must agree ;)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • dunkman wrote:
    excellent stuff :)

i've always read this forum and its helped me out a shitload when i was just starting out, and even now i still pick up great hints/advice from others... i remember I even asked how to get sticky goo off my guitar... and i was given answers!!

as for all the 'what equipment should i buy' threads and the people getting annoyed about them... eh, just don't open it maybe? :confused: isnt that the easiest thing to do? we got the PJ giventowail site stickied... what about starting a thread about "how to get the PJ sound' and ask for it to be stickied also?

I think I might have answered that! WD-40 gets the sticky goo off! :D I'm thinking of another trip to England, Dunkman, and doing some more interpretive shadow puppet dancing in a nightclub at 4:00am! ;)

I teach guitar, I teach house construction, I teach people how to buy a house, I check houses out for people, play in bands, help bands get together, and I get the same questions all the time. Over and over. What kind of guitar should I buy? How do I keep water out of my basement? What about my electrical system? The reason I like to answer them is that I like people and I guess I have the patience to answer the questions because I DO like people. They ask those questions of me because they trust me and know that I know what the hell I'm doing, and sometimes a personal response from someone you trust is better than googling info and wondering who's answering on the other end.

What's so funny bout peace love and understanding!

I've learned a lot here, and maybe I've helped some people out here over the years. There are some really knowledgeable people on this board who keep up with the changing world of music, be it effects, new acoustic guitars or the latest amps. I've been in the world of music most of my life and one thing seems to hold true over the years:
    Tolerance and sharing info benefit everyone.

Ok well, end of altruistic statements! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart