Guitar Hero II

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone here ever played it? I get drunk with my college friends and play it all the time. I'm pretty sure it'll make you a worse guitarist, but it's fun as hell. Like Dance Dance Revolution for musicians.
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Anyone here ever played it? I get drunk with my college friends and play it all the time. I'm pretty sure it'll make you a worse guitarist, but it's fun as hell. Like Dance Dance Revolution for musicians.

Best. Video. Game. Ever.
  • I have to wait until xmas. (got it for my son)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I'm awesome at real guitar, but suck at that game...so...I'm not a fan.

Ha funny you say that. I first played it with a girl and she goes "You should be really good at this because you play guitar". It was pretty embarassing when she was bangin' out "Texas Flood" perfectly and i was struggling with "Iron Man"
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • I have to wait until xmas. (got it for my son)

He's gonna be pissed when you're addicted to his new toy
    I kick ass at it, better than I can actually play! If anything, I think it hurts my playing. Its so fun and addicting that I play it instead of the real thing!
  • I was at a friends playing it and I sucked. Everyone laughed so I picked up his guitar, put it behind my head and FALWLESSLY played the Alive solo. Everyone got really quiet as I handed the controller off...the game was pretty quiet after that.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I was at a friends playing it and I sucked. Everyone laughed so I picked up his guitar, put it behind my head and FALWLESSLY played the Alive solo. Everyone got really quiet as I handed the controller off...the game was pretty quiet after that.

And then you flew off into the sunset on a white unicorn. :)
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • I was at a friends playing it and I sucked. Everyone laughed so I picked up his guitar, put it behind my head and FALWLESSLY played the Alive solo. Everyone got really quiet as I handed the controller off...the game was pretty quiet after that.

thats a fuckin pro move! i would have shit my pants. let 'em talk shit now.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • It was pretty baddass. Didn't really help that later that night, I fell down the stairs and I wasn't even drunk. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
    yeah! i tried it at best buy once. i wanted to break that guitar in half. i;d try it again though, as long as no 13 year old video game wizards aren't around.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    I was at a friends playing it and I sucked. Everyone laughed so I picked up his guitar, put it behind my head and FALWLESSLY played the Alive solo. Everyone got really quiet as I handed the controller off...the game was pretty quiet after that.
    wow. why would you lie about something just to impress strangers? you must have some devolepmental issues..

or you were actually telling the truth, in which case that'd be cool, but......
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • He's gonna be pissed when you're addicted to his new toy

hahaha it happened when I got him GH1
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    wow. why would you lie about something just to impress strangers? you must have some devolepmental issues..

or you were actually telling the truth, in which case that'd be cool, but......
    I wasn't lying, if you are ever in Kalamazoo, I'll play it for you behind my head if you'd like.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I'm a decent real quitarist, but I suck at guitar hero.
    Then again the only times I've played it I was piss drunk.
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm a decent real quitarist, but I suck at guitar hero.
    Then again the only times I've played it I was piss drunk.

The two seem to go hand in hand! Its a great party game.
  • LetiLeti Posts: 25
    It was pretty baddass. Didn't really help that later that night, I fell down the stairs and I wasn't even drunk. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

That's the funniest thing I read all night. I've laughed about it several times. It totally sounds like something I would do.

I fall down all the time. I attribute it to wearing too high of a high heal. But I can't help myself because I'm so short.
    09.05.92 / 10.14.00 / 04.06.03 / 05.16.06 / 05.17.06

Leti
  • Leti wrote:
    That's the funniest thing I read all night. I've laughed about it several times. It totally sounds like something I would do.

I fall down all the time. I attribute it to wearing too high of a high heal. But I can't help myself because I'm so short.
    At least you have the high heel excuse, I just suck at walking...and standing..
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Broke down and bought GH2 last night. I figured I'd be a great party game. Just gotta get another guitar controller. It's funny playin songs you know front to back because your pick hand wants to do the same thing as on a real guitar. War Pigs was throwin me for a loop! I got almost all the way through the game (I think) on medium in about an hour and a half. I tried Heart Shaped Box and expert just to see how bad it was. Only made it through 25% and got booed off the stage:( Oh well I've only had it a day. I'll get it! Oh and thank god they put the option to switch the controls for us southpaw players:D

Edit: I just realized there's over 50 songs so getting through the game in an less than two hours would be impossible :P Oh well. Should have it beat today. Then I move on to Hard..
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    I'm wanting to get this for Christmas for my family. I have kids who are 7, 10, 13, and 17. You think the younger ones will be able to play?
  • jamestr wrote:
    I'm wanting to get this for Christmas for my family. I have kids who are 7, 10, 13, and 17. You think the younger ones will be able to play?
    Yeah, I'm sure they'll have a blast
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Beav wrote:
    Oh and thank god they put the option to switch the controls for us southpaw players:D

i was curious about that. good to know. i don't think i'll buy it b/c i don't have enough time for real guitar let alone this. but it's nice to know they thought of that.
  • I wasn't lying, if you are ever in Kalamazoo, I'll play it for you behind my head if you'd like.

time to bust out the digital camera and get that shit on you tube
  • time to bust out the digital camera and get that shit on you tube
    My cam has no sound on it. I have pics of me doing it but you cant hear it
  • GH is awesome fun, but if you're playing it through a TV with a seperate sound system (ie, through an amp into home theatre style speakers) the slightest delay spins you out.
    I found out the hard way. Turns out I wasnt JUST drunk.... I was ALSO drunk.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I wasn't lying, if you are ever in Kalamazoo, I'll play it for you behind my head if you'd like.

I believe you, but it would have been more convincing if you hadn't mistyped "FALWESSLY".

Hang on, isn't Kalamazoo a joke name?? You must be making shit up then.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    I believe you, but it would have been more convincing if you hadn't mistyped "FALWESSLY".

since he was in Kalamazoo he must have been playing on a gibson lol
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • moster78 wrote:
    Best. Video. Game. Ever.

true!
    [ 14 ]
    san diego '06 | los angeles '06 | los angeles '06 | san francisco '06 | seattle '09 | salt lake city '09 | los angeles '09 | los angeles '09 | philadelphia '09 | arras '10 | lisbon '10 | berlin '12 | oslo '12 | copenhagen '12
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Speaking of this game, I just beat Freebird on Expert. :-)

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • I believe you, but it would have been more convincing if you hadn't mistyped "FALWESSLY".

I suck at typing and yes, there really is a Kalamazoo, Michigan. i go to Western Michigan University, it's real.