Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    JC29866 said:
    Finally put this one on the wall. Let’s play two!
    Absolutely love this one.  Grail for me.  Looks fantastic!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    Nothing special with the frame, but the famous picture of Gord’s salute goes well with it; the kicker: I’m in the picture (bought directly from the photographer)

Nice!
  • Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    demetrios said:
    Nothing special with the frame, but the famous picture of Gord’s salute goes well with it; the kicker: I’m in the picture (bought directly from the photographer)

Nice!
    That's great!
    PA
  • Options
    Anyone else frame the license plates?
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

I didn't realize Gord qualified for this thread or I would have shared sooner... 

on a hidden wall in my office...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Anyone else frame the license plates?
    Nice! Still ISO California & New York license plates. Hope someday 10club will sell them.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,431

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    shep said:

I didn't realize Gord qualified for this thread or I would have shared sooner... 

is it just a pearl jam thread? oh well. I see both our pics are the same photographer. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    Simple and sweet!  
  • Options
    wwsuicide said:
    Simple and sweet!  

Perfect.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    wwsuicide said:
    Simple and sweet!  

Perfect.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    dgpj92dgpj92 Posts: 54
    MSG and Camden are complete. Thanks to dc07cf for recommending a framer in NoVA.

• Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    dgpj92 said:
    MSG and Camden are complete. Thanks to dc07cf for recommending a framer in NoVA.
    Those look great!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    shep said:

is it just a pearl jam thread? oh well. I see both our pics are the same photographer. 
    Dave was the hip's photographer.

I tracked him down after they put out that series of commemorative photos that yours came from.  I didn't get to see the Hip on the final tour... had tickets, but well... my first son's birthday (1 month early) is the same night as their final show in Toronto... my brother has the t-shirt.

anyway, the photo is from Montreal the year before, second last show I attended... originally I was looking for pictures from a Halifax date, but Dave didn't have any.  When we played the back and forth trying to find a matching date, we came across this picture from the Bell Center in 2015... I was in the 5th row... the shot is just... pure Gord. I love it.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    yeah, fantastic shot. Love Dave's stuff. I didn't realize he was exclusively the Hip's photog. cool. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MB58788MB58788 Posts: 167
    Christmas came a little early for me this year when I picked these up from the framer today. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ^^ very nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ^^
    ^^ Awesome. Love the St. Louis and Hogtown frame jobs. 
  • Options
    Not a great poster. But it does look better framed

• Options
    MB58788 said:
    Christmas came a little early for me this year when I picked these up from the framer today. 

SWEET!
  • Options
    Michaels Canada ..

• Options
    Happy
  • Options
    hans1971 said:
    Happy

Awesome!
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    Got to meet Brian Fox at his latest open studio event and was lucky enough to come home with this beautiful piece!! One of the most genuine guys I’ve ever met. To say I’m thrilled would be an understatement! Now I just need to find the perfect place for it…

• Options
    That is a great poster and a great story. It's always so great to hear that the people whose craft we admire end up being so cool.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    That is a great poster and a great story. It's always so great to hear that the people whose craft we admire end up being so cool.
    Couldn’t have said it better! To just shoot the breeze with Brian and hear the stories on how this poster, and many of his other PJ pieces came to be was a really neat experience. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Hey group, 18x24 STL 22’ poster. Want to order from Art To Frame. Want to do single mat. What size should the frame be? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    That would depend on how big of a mat you do. I believe with art to frame you just put your poster size in, then how big your mat is, and they automatically give you a frame that fits it.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    Hey group, 18x24 STL 22’ poster. Want to order from Art To Frame. Want to do single mat. What size should the frame be? 
    @Sarava is spot on. Just put in the poster size (18x24) and the website does the rest. Super easy.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Thanks guys! 
    www.cluthelee.com