Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

framed poster thread

1387388389390391393»

Comments

  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 20,788
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Finally got around to framing these two tonight. Used the American Frame recommendations and couldn’t be more satisfied. Easy process and great quality. Pricing is much better than Michael’s, who I’ve used in the past. 


    Did you order the frame,  glass and cut mats from them?  If so,  which glass did you get and are you satisfied with the quality?
    I did order the frame, glass and cut mats from them.  I went with the non-glare acrylic since these will hang in the basement with very little light exposure. The non-glare is stated to filter 90% of UV light compared to 99% with the actual UV protective glass.  Saved a few bucks going this route.  For quality, I’d say I’m satisfied, but there’s a definite difference compared to my Michael’s frame jobs with actual glass vs. acrylic. For expensive or super rare prints I’d probably opt for actual glass.  Overall, no complaints though. 
    How did the archival mounting strips work out for you?
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 21,459
    My Valentines Day gift from my amazing wife!
    Awesome!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 5,853
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Finally got around to framing these two tonight. Used the American Frame recommendations and couldn’t be more satisfied. Easy process and great quality. Pricing is much better than Michael’s, who I’ve used in the past. 


    Did you order the frame,  glass and cut mats from them?  If so,  which glass did you get and are you satisfied with the quality?
    I did order the frame, glass and cut mats from them.  I went with the non-glare acrylic since these will hang in the basement with very little light exposure. The non-glare is stated to filter 90% of UV light compared to 99% with the actual UV protective glass.  Saved a few bucks going this route.  For quality, I’d say I’m satisfied, but there’s a definite difference compared to my Michael’s frame jobs with actual glass vs. acrylic. For expensive or super rare prints I’d probably opt for actual glass.  Overall, no complaints though. 
    How did the archival mounting strips work out for you?
    They worked out great.  I had never used them before, but it was simple. I watched a 3 minute video on YouTube and both posters are very secure in the frame.  Another great recommendation from this thread that I wouldn’t have known otherwise.  Do you use mounting strips as well or another method? 
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 10,750
    You can also skip buying the acrylic from AF when ordering a frame and get just the glass from a local framer.  I did this with a non PJ print a few years back and it worked great while still being very reasonable price wise. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park 
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: MSG | Asbury Park

  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 20,788
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Finally got around to framing these two tonight. Used the American Frame recommendations and couldn’t be more satisfied. Easy process and great quality. Pricing is much better than Michael’s, who I’ve used in the past. 


    Did you order the frame,  glass and cut mats from them?  If so,  which glass did you get and are you satisfied with the quality?
    I did order the frame, glass and cut mats from them.  I went with the non-glare acrylic since these will hang in the basement with very little light exposure. The non-glare is stated to filter 90% of UV light compared to 99% with the actual UV protective glass.  Saved a few bucks going this route.  For quality, I’d say I’m satisfied, but there’s a definite difference compared to my Michael’s frame jobs with actual glass vs. acrylic. For expensive or super rare prints I’d probably opt for actual glass.  Overall, no complaints though. 
    How did the archival mounting strips work out for you?
    They worked out great.  I had never used them before, but it was simple. I watched a 3 minute video on YouTube and both posters are very secure in the frame.  Another great recommendation from this thread that I wouldn’t have known otherwise.  Do you use mounting strips as well or another method? 
    Mounting strip only.  They're cheap enough that it doesn't make sense to do it without.  Plus I rotate images into common matting. So I love having something that is easy,  reusable and protects the print. 
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Bell Gardens, CAPosts: 2,156

    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 5,354
    Just picked these up from the shop... gave my framer artistic license w/ the frame & mattes on the APC Red Rocks. I think my faith was well rewarded. 



  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 10,750
    Damn! 🔥

    Merkin Baller said:
    Just picked these up from the shop... gave my framer artistic license w/ the frame & mattes on the APC Red Rocks. I think my faith was well rewarded. 



    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park 
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: MSG | Asbury Park

  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 390

  • Just got my 2010 Light to Mars poster back from the frame shop.

    This is my fave so far, the mats really make the red and silver jump off the print!


  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 390

  • KswheelerKswheeler Philadelphia Posts: 48

    Not a PJ poster but I’d figure I’d share had this done for my mom she was this show in 73 huge Bowie fan seen him 28 times and never got a gig poster 
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 10,750
    edited March 23
    Kswheeler said:

    Not a PJ poster but I’d figure I’d share had this done for my mom she was this show in 73 huge Bowie fan seen him 28 times and never got a gig poster 
    Wow! That is so COOL!  And a great present! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park 
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: MSG | Asbury Park

  • RobbertRobbert Posts: 166
    edited March 26
     
    Post edited by Robbert on
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NYPosts: 1,751


    Finally got this bad boy framed. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18
  • greatwoods98greatwoods98 BostonPosts: 84
    Very nice
    one of my favorite posters 
    underrated in my opinion
    a must if you were on the great lawn


  • Michael's had a sale this weekend. Nothing special, but good to finally get some more framed. 

  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 1,983
    I finally got my band signed poster. Can’t wait to pick up the finished product. Simple black Matt with a gold frame. 

Sign In or Register to comment.