Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

framed poster thread

1388389391393394404

Comments

  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PAPosts: 504

    Your train looks like mine! Good taste 😉
    I got the Mat color from someone on here, great ideas on here. Bunch of creative peeps in here posters always look top notch. I like your train a lot looks great 👍🏼 
  • Thanks! Yours looks great too! My gf picked out the mat colors on that one, haha. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 4,445
    It’s a print.. so maybe not belonging in this thread but I think it looks fantastic

  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,089
    Damn thats nice.  Good mat/frame choices
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 4,445
    Damn thats nice.  Good mat/frame choices
    Thanks man! I’m really happy with it 
  • Vince35Vince35 Posts: 36
    👌 Great Frame fot great poster
     I like it😁
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,843
    edited January 2021
    It’s a print.. so maybe not belonging in this thread but I think it looks fantastic

    Hi there..#61


    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,843
    And its wall mate...#31


  • Vince35Vince35 Posts: 36
    🤩🤩
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 4,445
    mrussel1 said:
    And its wall mate...#31


    Nice job on both of those! 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,409
    I just went to Michael’s with 2 posters to take advantage of their 70% off sale and their pricing has gone up significantly from what I’ve paid in the past, even with the sale (~50%). I know Art to Frame and American Frame have been recommended here.  My question is, how do the prints mount in these frames? I obviously don’t want to dry mount.  Might be a dumb question, but I’ve only used Michael’s for my frame jobs so this is new territory. 
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 12,031
    bbiggs said:
    I just went to Michael’s with 2 posters to take advantage of their 70% off sale and their pricing has gone up significantly from what I’ve paid in the past, even with the sale (~50%). I know Art to Frame and American Frame have been recommended here.  My question is, how do the prints mount in these frames? I obviously don’t want to dry mount.  Might be a dumb question, but I’ve only used Michael’s for my frame jobs so this is new territory. 
    I use American Frame for all my frames and use these mounting strips to secure the print. No adhesive touches the poster. Pretty foolproof and uncomplicated. 

    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG




  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,409
    ^ Awesome. I’ll follow your lead and give them a shot. Thanks! 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,409
    Oh, one more thing. They send the mats pre-cut and that part is pretty self-explanatory I assume? 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,089
    bbiggs said:
    Oh, one more thing. They send the mats pre-cut and that part is pretty self-explanatory I assume? 
    Yeah. You tell them the size of the art and they calculate from there. 
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 12,031
    bbiggs said:
    Oh, one more thing. They send the mats pre-cut and that part is pretty self-explanatory I assume? 
    Yes... you give them the actual size of the poster and then they make the mat opening 1/8 of an inch smaller on each side so that you have a small overlap of the mat on the poster. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG




  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,409
    ^ Perfect. Thanks guys. I’ll post the finished products when I get them. 
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,519
    Thinking about doing my CrackerJack next.  I saw one that I liked in this thread, but I don't think I saved the page, lol.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,553
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I just went to Michael’s with 2 posters to take advantage of their 70% off sale and their pricing has gone up significantly from what I’ve paid in the past, even with the sale (~50%). I know Art to Frame and American Frame have been recommended here.  My question is, how do the prints mount in these frames? I obviously don’t want to dry mount.  Might be a dumb question, but I’ve only used Michael’s for my frame jobs so this is new territory. 
    I use American Frame for all my frames and use these mounting strips to secure the print. No adhesive touches the poster. Pretty foolproof and uncomplicated. 

    I’m thinking of using a service like this. How many mounting strips do you need for a 18x24 poster?
    2010: London; 2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV); 2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes; 2017: London II (EV); 2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II; 2019: London (EV)
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 12,031
    tino_11 said:
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I just went to Michael’s with 2 posters to take advantage of their 70% off sale and their pricing has gone up significantly from what I’ve paid in the past, even with the sale (~50%). I know Art to Frame and American Frame have been recommended here.  My question is, how do the prints mount in these frames? I obviously don’t want to dry mount.  Might be a dumb question, but I’ve only used Michael’s for my frame jobs so this is new territory. 
    I use American Frame for all my frames and use these mounting strips to secure the print. No adhesive touches the poster. Pretty foolproof and uncomplicated. 

    I’m thinking of using a service like this. How many mounting strips do you need for a 18x24 poster?
    The strips come in 4 inch lengths and I usually cut them in half to make 2 inch strips.  Then I put two strips for each of the 4 sides of the poster which is a total of 8 (but I actually only used 4 from the box).  I just evenly space them around the perimeter of the poster. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG




  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,553
    on2legs said:
    tino_11 said:
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I just went to Michael’s with 2 posters to take advantage of their 70% off sale and their pricing has gone up significantly from what I’ve paid in the past, even with the sale (~50%). I know Art to Frame and American Frame have been recommended here.  My question is, how do the prints mount in these frames? I obviously don’t want to dry mount.  Might be a dumb question, but I’ve only used Michael’s for my frame jobs so this is new territory. 
    I use American Frame for all my frames and use these mounting strips to secure the print. No adhesive touches the poster. Pretty foolproof and uncomplicated. 

    I’m thinking of using a service like this. How many mounting strips do you need for a 18x24 poster?
    The strips come in 4 inch lengths and I usually cut them in half to make 2 inch strips.  Then I put two strips for each of the 4 sides of the poster which is a total of 8 (but I actually only used 4 from the box).  I just evenly space them around the perimeter of the poster. 
    Brilliant, thank you!
    2010: London; 2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV); 2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes; 2017: London II (EV); 2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II; 2019: London (EV)
  • CrewCrew Posts: 200
    Dropped my grail-of-grails off at the framers last weekend!!  Can't wait to get it back!  =D


  • CrewCrew Posts: 200
    My wife's grail, finally framed:


    ...and MINE!  =D

    Have wanted this print forever, and picked up a copy w/ edge issues for cheap.. couldn't be happier!!

  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 12,031
    Love those prints & frames... especially the St. Louis =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG




  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 12,031
    Just a heads up... looks like American Frame has a sitewide 14% sale going on (for Valentine's Day, I guess). 

    Use Code: LOVEFRAMED14

    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG




  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UKPosts: 749
    edited February 2021
    Ok - so my daughter and I have been learning as we go with ordering up online and then doing the framing. Started with Roma last year -  mount was too thin really and one day we will switch it out. 
    I know they're not perfect but I wanted to get a few up on the wall at last. The Barcelona poster was a treat for my 50th having hoped to be travelling to US last year (when I was 50 not 51!). In these times I felt like just going for it.
    Post edited by Peasant Tents on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,409
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I just went to Michael’s with 2 posters to take advantage of their 70% off sale and their pricing has gone up significantly from what I’ve paid in the past, even with the sale (~50%). I know Art to Frame and American Frame have been recommended here.  My question is, how do the prints mount in these frames? I obviously don’t want to dry mount.  Might be a dumb question, but I’ve only used Michael’s for my frame jobs so this is new territory. 
    I use American Frame for all my frames and use these mounting strips to secure the print. No adhesive touches the poster. Pretty foolproof and uncomplicated. 


    Just received my shipment from American Frame with the two frames I ordered.  These mounting strips are necessary, right?  Dumb question, I'm sure, but these are the first two I'm doing myself.  I'm going to order these today and hopefully receive tomorrow.  Can't wait to get the prints in there.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,843
    bbiggs said:
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I just went to Michael’s with 2 posters to take advantage of their 70% off sale and their pricing has gone up significantly from what I’ve paid in the past, even with the sale (~50%). I know Art to Frame and American Frame have been recommended here.  My question is, how do the prints mount in these frames? I obviously don’t want to dry mount.  Might be a dumb question, but I’ve only used Michael’s for my frame jobs so this is new territory. 
    I use American Frame for all my frames and use these mounting strips to secure the print. No adhesive touches the poster. Pretty foolproof and uncomplicated. 


    Just received my shipment from American Frame with the two frames I ordered.  These mounting strips are necessary, right?  Dumb question, I'm sure, but these are the first two I'm doing myself.  I'm going to order these today and hopefully receive tomorrow.  Can't wait to get the prints in there.
    Necessary?  No.  You could use acid free tape or something else to mount them.  but if you want to mount them without touching the print, then yes this is the way to go.  Highly recommended if not necessary. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,409
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I just went to Michael’s with 2 posters to take advantage of their 70% off sale and their pricing has gone up significantly from what I’ve paid in the past, even with the sale (~50%). I know Art to Frame and American Frame have been recommended here.  My question is, how do the prints mount in these frames? I obviously don’t want to dry mount.  Might be a dumb question, but I’ve only used Michael’s for my frame jobs so this is new territory. 
    I use American Frame for all my frames and use these mounting strips to secure the print. No adhesive touches the poster. Pretty foolproof and uncomplicated. 


    Just received my shipment from American Frame with the two frames I ordered.  These mounting strips are necessary, right?  Dumb question, I'm sure, but these are the first two I'm doing myself.  I'm going to order these today and hopefully receive tomorrow.  Can't wait to get the prints in there.
    Necessary?  No.  You could use acid free tape or something else to mount them.  but if you want to mount them without touching the print, then yes this is the way to go.  Highly recommended if not necessary. 
    Thank you. Based on your response I consider it necessary to preserve the condition of the print. I’ll definitely be using these. 
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 12,031
    Good luck with your frames!  Post them here when they’re done =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG




Sign In or Register to comment.