edited December 2015
    I finally framed my Pendleton Skyline poster -
    PJ Central Park Poster">PJ Central Park Poster
    Post edited by narnia on
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    edited December 2015
    Sorry I don't know why this is posting in duplicate!

Post edited by narnia on
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Wow! Lots of great additions in here.

Cundal23 - great collection. The Derek Hess print is great! (My 1st show & I have it too!). That '98 St. Louis is a classic as well.

LeeAnn - I've probably already told you, but those look great! Oh, & nice job hanging them up Dave! :smiley:
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Ok, so this is not PJ, but it's my very first frame job for anything, ever, so wanted to share!

"Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,190
    edited December 2015
    I'm not a poster person, and I assume what I've done is a cardinal sin, but wife and I recently downsized and moved into a condo in downtown Atlanta. There's a support pole running thru the living room, and she said I could hang posters on it. We did a reclaimed wood wall and had some left over, so I framed the posters with leftover strips it...without glass :open_mouth:

PJ and DMB both celebrating their 25th anniversaries this year, just recently started getting the posters at shows, so this will probably just be a 1 year installation/celebration. No posters were harmed in the making of this project :tongue: ; the sticky backing of the wood strips only touch the walls, not the posters; the posters are floating free. Drapes are closed during the day to keep the sun out. Apologies for the poor cell phone photo quality.

Reclaimed basketball court boards:

Post edited by dmbolp on
  • Options
    eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 711
    edited January 2016
    no It's MOPAR lor no car '68 GTX W/440 in the garage

found this in the closet photo ten club_zpsa3hkkqpk.jpg">

Found it in the closet?? Don't suppose you have a 1967 Shelby GT500 collecting dust in the garage...do you?
    no it's a '68 GTX W/440 much better than a ford (& a '70 GTX in the back yard needs complete resto)

Post edited by eyecanwalk on
  • Options
    yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313
    Just got this baby back from framer.
    Another fantastic job from Cyrus Custom Framing in Canton Ohio.

photo 20151221_220233_zps4fwdrgcs.jpg

photo 20151221_220244_zpsb9scapyo.jpg

photo 20151221_220223_zpszvsj2pi8.jpg

photo 20151221_220212_zpsojooyaab.jpg

• Options
    yooperpj said:

Just got this baby back from framer.
    Another fantastic job from Cyrus Custom Framing in Canton Ohio.

photo 20151221_220233_zps4fwdrgcs.jpg

photo 20151221_220244_zpsb9scapyo.jpg

photo 20151221_220223_zpszvsj2pi8.jpg

photo 20151221_220212_zpsojooyaab.jpg

Looks great. The black lines on the white mat really finish it off nicely!!!
  • Options
    sloveniaslovenia Posts: 102
    lots of great framing jobs. some of these posters are real sharp. does anyone in the toronto area know of a good framer that doesn't include "Michaels" in it's name? had one done there that looks good but i'll need a 2nd job if i keep going back there.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,356
    I haven't been able to find a framer in the Toronto area that can frame an 18x24in. Poster with a single mat for under $180; which in my opinion is too high. The dollar is awful right now, but I buy from American Frame.com and ship to downtown Buffalo to a storage central that operates under the name: Kinek.com. ....they charge a holding fee that you can find on their website. Michaels even with 60-70% off is too expensive in my opinion. Good luck in your search.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,356
    I've also been using Ambiance gallery wood frames from Jerry's Artarama website..... Plexiglass instead of a glass front... Sometimes as low as $20 each.... I think they're regularly $45 American funds. Deserres art store in the GTA used to stock them, but they discontinued them last summer. The framing jobs that you see through these pages are incredible, and I wish I could do them; but unfortunately I can't justify paying hundreds of dollars to frame a $45 concert poster. To each their own.... Be well
  • Options
    Anyone know the Ames Global Citizen poster size? Last time I measured a poster I was off by a bit and now my Replacements poster is off...
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Predaking said:

Anyone know the Ames Global Citizen poster size? Last time I measured a poster I was off by a bit and now my Replacements poster is off...

Just measured my copy...
    it's 26" X 20"
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

Predaking said:

Just measured my copy...
    it's 26" X 20"
    Thank you, sir!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    reesdog said:

Not really posters, but got myself some of these vinyl record frames...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

:lol: the first thing I think of is that is so not baby proofed! Haha. The only thing baby proofed about that room is the plug way up there! Haha and I only say this out of jealousy! Is that a fish bowl on your coffee table?!?!

Love the records!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    dmbolp - I freakin thought that was ducked tape :open_mouth: I about freaked! And I am not a poster person hahahha. I just know the passion on these boards.

I love the creativity! Such a good idea and it looks great!
  • Options
    cjb5790cjb5790 Cleveland, OH Posts: 190
    I'm sure this question has been asked in here a bunch of times, but, I'm looking to get all of my posters professionally framed in the new year, and I'm curious what people recommend. Right now I have all of my posters framed, but they're just on poster board using photo corners to hold them in place, and I want to to make them look a little nicer and protect them a little better. My biggest fear with professional framing is damaging the poster. Everyone I've talked to about framing says that the framers will glue the poster to the matte and I absolutely do not want that. I would like to take the posters out, if I ever so choose. So, is there something specific I should ask for from the framer?
  • Options
    cjb5790 said:

I'm sure this question has been asked in here a bunch of times, but, I'm looking to get all of my posters professionally framed in the new year, and I'm curious what people recommend. Right now I have all of my posters framed, but they're just on poster board using photo corners to hold them in place, and I want to to make them look a little nicer and protect them a little better. My biggest fear with professional framing is damaging the poster. Everyone I've talked to about framing says that the framers will glue the poster to the matte and I absolutely do not want that. I would like to take the posters out, if I ever so choose. So, is there something specific I should ask for from the framer?

Just ask them not to dry-mount them...
    Shouldn't be a problem for any professional framer!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    I bought a bunch of $10 poster frames ($20 at Michael's buy-one get-one sale) to get all of my posters out of tubes and at least into something flat that you can look at.

The frames are cheap and obviously don't look anything close to what I have had professionally framed but I'm glad I did that. Much easier to remember what I have.

I did notice that some are really strange dimensions though. Gotta love the simple 18x24 format.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cjb5790cjb5790 Cleveland, OH Posts: 190
    derbydave said:

cjb5790 said:

Just ask them not to dry-mount them...
    Shouldn't be a problem for any professional framer!!
    Awesome, thanks Dave! I'm going to head to the framers either tonight or Wednesday to get some pricing. What's a good price for a simple 18x24 framing? I have a few posters I want to get the sticker framed in with it, so I'm sure those will be a tad more due to the custom shape of the matte. I really just want to get my GCF Pendleton Skyline framed ASAP. It's been sitting in the tube since I got it. It deserves a nice spot on the wall.
  • Options
    I use a small local frame shop and a typical frame job with a simple frame and non reflective glass will run you around $125.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    Got a gift card to hobby lobby for xmas. Will be dropping off a print or 2 to get framed soon.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

I bought a bunch of $10 poster frames ($20 at Michael's buy-one get-one sale) to get all of my posters out of tubes and at least into something flat that you can look at.

The frames are cheap and obviously don't look anything close to what I have had professionally framed but I'm glad I did that. Much easier to remember what I have.

I did notice that some are really strange dimensions though. Gotta love the simple 18x24 format.

I bought frames with the same intention. Now I'm afraid to use them because I'm afraid the "glass" will touch the print and the print will get stuck to it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Picked up my Red Rocks / My Morning Jacket poster by Columbus artist Clinton Reno this afternoon:

So happy to have scored a signed & numbered artist edition of this one:

Another AMAZING example of artistry by my framing professional Julia from The Framing Center in Columbus...
    her talent never ceases to amaze me!!
    I drop off the poster and a few pictures & souvenir items from the show and tell her to "surprise" me with the finished product.
    She NEVER let's me down!!
    This one is definitely one of my favorite frame jobs...
    I love the diagonal opening in the matte for the Red Rocks picture:

One of the surprises was the "star" detail cuts that match the theme of the bands new album "The Waterfall."

Julia selected a few band pictures for the right side of the frame job.

She used the CD, ticket stub & wristband from the concert on the left side of the frame,
    along with a couple pictures taken that afternoon...
    this one of this majestic venue itself:

and a shot of me & my GREAT friend YLed2 tailgating in the parking lot before the show!!

I'm taken right back to that special evening at Red Rocks every time I see this INCREDIBLE frame job!!

Post edited by derbydave on

• Options
    Looks friggin spectacular Dave!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,635
    My only new years' resolution so far is to get at least 5-10 posters framed. They aren't doing any good sitting a mylar sleeves. Only problem is between PJ and Ed I've got over a 100 shows to pick from.
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    FoxyRedLa said:

reesdog said:

Not really posters, but got myself some of these vinyl record frames...

:lol: the first thing I think of is that is so not baby proofed! Haha. The only thing baby proofed about that room is the plug way up there! Haha and I only say this out of jealousy! Is that a fish bowl on your coffee table?!?!

Love the records!
    Thanks FoxyRedLa, yeah the plug is a bit of a problem, new apartment and the developers decided that plugs up high is the way to go for wall mounting TV's, doesn't work for me, but anyway I have to live with that slight annoyance. As for your question, it's not a fish bowl but a Terrarium, I have small cactus plants in a miniature desert in there... :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    otter523otter523 Posts: 250
    http://hartford98project.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

I posted this in its own thread a couple years ago but never linked it to this thread. Complete restoration by Poster Fix and framing by Frame Fetish.
    09/13/98 - 08/27/00 - 08/29/00 - 08/30/00 - 04/29/03 - 07/03/03 - 07/11/03 - 09/28/04 - 09/15/05 - 05/12/06 -10/15/13 - 10/25/13 - 04/29/16 - 05/01/16 - 05/02/16 - 05/08/16 - 08/05/16 - 08/07/16 - RRHOF-04/07/17 - 09/02/18 - 09/04/18 - 09/03/22 - 09/11/22

E.V-06/08/09 - 06/09/09
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    otter523 said:

http://hartford98project.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

I posted this in its own thread a couple years ago but never linked it to this thread. Complete restoration by Poster Fix and framing by Frame Fetish.

That is a very nice job. How much does it cost to restore a poster and what is the process?
  • Options
    otter523otter523 Posts: 250
    If I remember correctly the restoration was $150. Poster fix is a miracle worker (You Tube them to see their process). The pictures of the before don't show how poor of shape the poster was in. In full disclosure, Chris at Poster Fix is in his own world so to speak. You should follow up every three weeks. I was told it would be done in 6 weeks and it took 16 with numerous follow ups.The framing was $300 + $50 to ship. Frame Fetish had my print back to me in two weeks. Every single one Link does is custom. So $500 all in vs. buying a mint copy for around $700+ then having to pay to get it framed. Besides, the poster I folded (like an idiot) and shoved in my pocket 18 years ago at my first show is now that same print that hangs in my living room. It pops off the wall! Everyone who walks into my home walks right over to it and they stare for a minute or two and ask lots of questions about the frame job. This was a passion of mine for over a decade and little by little it became a reality.
    09/13/98 - 08/27/00 - 08/29/00 - 08/30/00 - 04/29/03 - 07/03/03 - 07/11/03 - 09/28/04 - 09/15/05 - 05/12/06 -10/15/13 - 10/25/13 - 04/29/16 - 05/01/16 - 05/02/16 - 05/08/16 - 08/05/16 - 08/07/16 - RRHOF-04/07/17 - 09/02/18 - 09/04/18 - 09/03/22 - 09/11/22

E.V-06/08/09 - 06/09/09