the fuss over Gibson's business practices

2»

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    You are not a tool. I also edited my response :)

IMO, you can't go wrong with an Epi Elitist Les Paul. It's way too close for less than half the cost of a "Gibson" branded instrument.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    You are not a tool. I also edited my response :)

IMO, you can't go wrong with an Epi Elitist Les Paul. It's way too close for less than half the cost of a "Gibson" branded instrument.
    being a proud owner of a fantastic epi les paul i know where you're coming from :D
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Yeah i know, you can't fake that thick paul tone with pick ups.

i've been planning on getting a really really nice, top of the line acoustic guitar when i get a job soon..

i have a child like fixation on wanting the head to read "gibson".. :rolleyes:

i'll probably buy it, even knowing what i know now.

damn i'm a tool.

I know the feeling.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    You'd think eventually that dude will realize those policies are suicidal and reverse it..

eventually.

maybe.
    Take a look at how successful as a company harley is an dlook and the amazing quality product they're producing. The model works. The biggest thing is for Gibson to bring their quality control up.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    i have a child like fixation on wanting the head to read "gibson".. :rolleyes:

Yeah, me too. its pretty bad. Unless it says Gibson or Fender on the head stock, I almost can't bring myself to care. I'm sure I'm missing out on some great guitars in the process though.
    moster78 wrote:
    Yeah, me too. its pretty bad. Unless it says Gibson or Fender on the head stock, I almost can't bring myself to care. I'm sure I'm missing out on some great guitars in the process though.

Ya... My dream guitar is still a gibson. I was gonna buy a Fender Fat Strat mainly because it said Fender on the headstock. Well, the sales man handed me the less expensive Godin and I was blown away! I could not believe it. I came out with the Godin.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Ya... My dream guitar is still a gibson. I was gonna buy a Fender Fat Strat mainly because it said Fender on the headstock. Well, the sales man handed me the less expensive Godin and I was blown away! I could not believe it. I came out with the Godin.

I love my SG Special, so I know Gibson is capable of making great stuff. At the moment I'm saving cash like a madman, and once I achieve a personal goal I've set I'm going to reward myself with a Les Paul of some kind. Not sure what, but I can't wait to play them all and pick one.
    moster78 wrote:
    I love my SG Special, so I know Gibson is capable of making great stuff. At the moment I'm saving cash like a madman, and once I achieve a personal goal I've set I'm going to reward myself with a Les Paul of some kind. Not sure what, but I can't wait to play them all and pick one.

I'm doing the same thing, except for my dream amp. The LP is next!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    I'll still buy a Gibson. I've got two LP's that I absolutely love. Haven't played my Classic in about 5 years though as I've been living in a dorm or apartment for the last 6 years and I'd rather keep it in a safer place at my parents. Love my Alpine white, Ebony neck Studio from 2000. All the sound of the Standard for half the price. Too bad it has some faint pink streaks from the case when the neck was repainted because of a crack (buy straplocks!).