"The Official Matt Cameron is Hot Thread"

2»

Comments

• 12345AGAINST1, you should buy Brotherhood of Electric by Wellwater. There are awesome songs like Compellor and Right Of Left Field and Josh Homme also sings on a couple of tracks. The self titled is really cool aswell (they cover Something In The Air).

Back to Matt, he is a genius. The drums in Rhinosaur always catch me off guard. Searching With My Good Eye Closed (esp live) is just insane to watch.
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pdO6ho_JFm8

His contributions to Pearl Jam shouldn't go unnoticed either. His sonwriting may not be as deep as Eddie's but he can write a catchy tune (You Are, Get Right). And he always brings it live. Half the reason why I listen to the bootlegs so much is to hear his drumming.
  • Novawind wrote:
    Hardy I think you've gotta click the input format thing below the text box and enable BBcode for the quote thing to work properly
    tada
    I hope this works
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    12345AGAINST1, you should buy Brotherhood of Electric by Wellwater. There are awesome songs like Compellor and Right Of Left Field and Josh Homme also sings on a couple of tracks. The self titled is really cool aswell (they cover Something In The Air).

Back to Matt, he is a genius. The drums in Rhinosaur always catch me off guard. Searching With My Good Eye Closed (esp live) is just insane to watch.
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pdO6ho_JFm8

His contributions to Pearl Jam shouldn't go unnoticed either. His sonwriting may not be as deep as Eddie's but he can write a catchy tune (You Are, Get Right). And he always brings it live. Half the reason why I listen to the bootlegs so much is to hear his drumming.

That was some sweet drumming, I liked it during the solo and at the end. Matt is amazing at drumming along to guitar solos. Oh and same here, half the reason I listen to boots is to hear Matt play. I pay more attention to Matt playing than Mike playing during Evenflow.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • I've noticed Matt's drumming on Evenflow has changed, a lot. More fills and ideas
  • ccpaccpa Posts: 32
    i think this comes down to personal preference; they have two different drumming styles. i have never heard In My Tree played as it was recorded since Jack left though. i liked jacks drumming style better but matt has done awesome things with the band too.

here's some good history info:

http://www.lukin.com/Information/drumhist.html
  • Jack is crazy good but Matt adds something different-not better or worse. I gotta agree with CCPA. In My Tree, live, sounds really different with each drummer.